Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Napoli (A) Thurs 9th Dec 5:45pm - Pre-match Thread

On 07/12/2021 at 10:21, Danny Clender said:

It's not a back 3, it's a back 5 in a 'bus' system, there are no wing-backs, it's a back 5 that doesn't move far away the penalty area, it may even be considered a back 6 if I instruct Ndidi to not move beyond his first quarter. 

....I  have previously called for this!!!

A flat back 5 means in effect you are looking to sit deep. With the way we are playing at the moment and our inability to control the midfield, as we are always out numbered and have Wilf pushing forward, it will make a lot of sense.

Two wide players and Wilf and Maddison or Tielemans in the middle and a lone striker upfront.

We can counter, it is an option we do not use nearly enough, and if we can also sort out that "final ball", where we find the right player at the right time and the pass is not continually over or under hit, we would be in such a better shape as this has gradually become worse and was something we previously excelled at.

4 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Think it only fair the fan base has one as well: Carry On Moaning. 

Surely your not suggesting that are inability to defend and concede at set pieces consistently is a moan, it's a valid observation and hasnt been addressed, if that's a moan then I hold my hands up and accept I'm moaning 

• Like 2

Not sure if Tielemans will play.

Saw him in Tesco in Loughborough yesterday evening. He's a good looking bastard isn't he? 

2 hours ago, Vazman said:

Surely your not suggesting that are inability to defend and concede at set pieces consistently is a moan, it's a valid observation and hasnt been addressed, if that's a moan then I hold my hands up and accept I'm moaning 

Even when we won the league and then the cup, fans moaned about something. It’s in our DNA. It was not a criticism, just a valid observation! At the end of the cup final, some bloke turned to me and said they like putting us through it! 

• Haha 1