Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoyJones

We need a new goal keeper

I love Kasper, but he’s supposed to be in charge on corners. And is failing big time.

He cost us today. He was never brilliant on crosses, but now his failings are coming home to roost. Time to go and have a happy and we’ll deserved retirement.

Don’t blemish the memory of THAT save on 15th May 2021! 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Not for me. I still think he is brilliant. I think the problem is he tries too hard and thinks his has to defend all by himself,  i.e. he doesn't trust the guys in front of him. So in that respect he agrees with the rest of us who can seem what a sham we are at balls in the box.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but one player did not "cost us" today.

We've got a defender on their player who should deal with it. We see opposition players completely unmarked.

The whole setup is wrong.

As for my memory. Well, Kasper's been here for a decade and over that time has kept us in more games than I remember.

edit: However, he should not be captain. I said all along it should be Evans. A goalkeeper cannot influence the game.

He certainly influenced this one.

And Bournemouth away.

And Spurs at home.

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Not sure what he did wrong today but his distribution and not coming out for crosses must improve. 

I agree, although I did think he should have prevented that goal at the back post. He got a foot on it, but it still went in. I think the fault is more with Cags not blocking Konsa though to be fair.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That over the 10 years off the top of his head he can think of three bad kasper games. Obviously forgetting Doncaster away. Terrible return tbf

Exactly. Three random games over 10 years not bad is it.

• Like 1

Kasper is one of the few leaders we have left in the team.

You could have the most commanding keeper in the world and we would still be struggling from corners with this lot in front of him.

The main problem is they are not being aggressive enough with their defending, with the blocking and attacking the ball, also the half zonal / half man is shite too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Then who when we're still conceding from set pieces?

But then at least we'd have tried to do something about it. 

Kasper is a liability at the moment from set pieces and I don't see why a change with this run of fixtures will be a bad thing.

His biggest problem has always been that he comes across as untouchable and right now he needs a rocket up his arse.

• Like 2

We aren't signing a keeper, I imagine Iversen has been given assurances about the clubs plans for him and gradually becoming our first choice. The fact they've consistently found him loan moves each at a higher standard then the last speaks volumes (bar going back to Preston for a full campaign)

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

But then at least we'd have tried to do something about it. 

Kasper is a liability at the moment from set pieces and I don't see why a change with this run of fixtures will be a bad thing.

His biggest problem has always been that he comes across as untouchable and right now he needs a rocket up his arse.

On the way home from the game I heard Rodgers on the radio say they are constantly "analysing" our (poor) set pieces. So, by that, it sounds like they're looking but not doing.

But defenders not attacking the ball is a big issue regardless of who is in goal.