Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoyJones

We need a new goal keeper

15 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

It's a combination of the lack of aggression of the defence but also how poor Kasper is aerially. 

The bloke won't come off his line...he just shits himself and flaps at the ball. It's laughable really. 

I'd like to see him taken out the team. As others say, he shouldn't be captain and I'm sick of his arrogance too frankly. Martinez controlled his box brilliantly, kept plucking the ball out the air. He's a better keeper than Schmeichel

He let's red mist descend.   Yes he is passionate... but... 

Guest Kopfkino
23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah.

Kasper isn't the root of our issues. 

The zonal marking bollocks is. 

Not root but clearly a problem. Stick Nick Pope in goal and we concede less from set pieces imo. Takes a lot of pressure off the defence when you can have a little confidence that your goalkeeper can deal with a high ball into the box

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but one player did not "cost us" today.

We've got a defender on their player who should deal with it. We see opposition players completely unmarked.

The whole setup is wrong.

As for my memory. Well, Kasper's been here for a decade and over that time has kept us in more games than I remember.

edit: However, he should not be captain. I said all along it should be Evans. A goalkeeper cannot influence the game.

The extent to which Evans can influence a game has fvck all to do with whether he has a band around his arm.

Really irritates me when people talk up the importance of the role of captain. You need leaders, sure, but the captain does not act differently because of the role of captain bestowed to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

The extent to which Evans can influence a game has fvck all to do with whether he has a band around his arm.

Really irritates me when people talk up the importance of the role of captain. You need leaders, sure, but the captain does not act differently because of the role of captain bestowed to them.

I do agree with that tbh and out of all of them Evans does the most commanding.

8 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Two of those arguably cost us Champions League places. Single-handedly 

It absolutley was not kasper Schmeichel who cost us champions league places. The shit the bed tactics we employed second half of both seasons cost us. He makes more match winning saves in a season than he's cost us goals since he's been here. 

11 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I agree, although I did think he should have prevented that goal at the back post. He got a foot on it, but it still went in. I think the fault is more with Cags not blocking Konsa though to be fair.

Fair point, that was an area that should have been covered, but the fact that Konsa was able to get such a free header on it without much of a challenge is crazy. 

• Like 1

I genuinely think he's told to stay on his line and let defenders deal with anything that comes into the box, which they don't!

He's a great shot stopper and decent in a one on one, he does have his flaws but he's one of the few that are willing to tear his team mates a new one!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I disagree. 

A captain’s armband gives you authority and confidence, and let’s the other players know that the manager sees you as their leader.

I’ve played with poor captains and their effect is negligible. But played with great captains and they have massive influence over the team performance.

ie. I think they can positively change performances, but not necessarily make things worse in a poor side

1 minute ago, TWUKO said:

I genuinely think he's told to stay on his line and let defenders deal with anything that comes into the box, which they don't!

He's a great shot stopper and decent in a one on one, he does have his flaws but he's one of the few that are willing to tear his team mates a new one!

But nobody can stop a header from 2 yards out - you have to stop that header happening - all part of being a keeper

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel is possibly one of the worst keepers to be playing in a team that has a complete crisis of confidence at dealing with set pieces and crosses. He hasn't and never will command his 6 yard box and beyond properly. We all know what he's good at and that's shot stopping which from open play he is still colossal but as we are in this horrific spiral right now we honestly might have to make a huge call. 

The problem is, you don't drop your captain and owners best mate but I think Rodgers is so close to losing them all that he has to pull a rabbit from a hat. Ward to start a run of games and Tielemans captain.

Spot on

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I disagree. 

A captain’s armband gives you authority and confidence, and let’s the other players know that the manager sees you as their leader.

I’ve played with poor captains and their effect is negligible. But played with great captains and they have massive influence over the team performance.

ie. I think they can positively change performances, but not necessarily make things worse in a poor side

They were chosen to be captain because they were the obvious choice. You'd have looked to them for leadership with or without the armband.

Edited by Nod.E

First, have some respect for an all time Leicester legend.

Secondly, he didn’t cost us today. Our inability to  do the basics cost us today. 

Kasper has never ever dominated him area. He’s been our undisputed no.1 for nearly 10 years and it’s never cost us regularly - that clearly means the problem lays with the team and not just one player. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jakemoore said:

First, have some respect for an all time Leicester legend.

Secondly, he didn’t cost us today. Our inability to  do the basics cost us today. 

Kasper has never ever dominated him area. He’s been our undisputed no.1 for nearly 10 years and it’s never cost us regularly - that clearly means the problem lays with the team and not just one player. 

He didn't help us today. It's not acceptable just to say that he can't dominate his area. It's pretty basic stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Schmeichel is possibly one of the worst keepers to be playing in a team that has a complete crisis of confidence at dealing with set pieces and crosses. He hasn't and never will command his 6 yard box and beyond properly. We all know what he's good at and that's shot stopping which from open play he is still colossal but as we are in this horrific spiral right now we honestly might have to make a huge call. 

The problem is, you don't drop your captain and owners best mate but I think Rodgers is so close to losing them all that he has to pull a rabbit from a hat. Ward to start a run of games and Tielemans captain.

Ric is spot on here.

Kasper isn’t a particularly good captain, he loses his head far too often when things aren’t going well. He is ideal when you’re playing well, his personality suits such occasions. But play badly and **** me he is dreadful. Like we say a good shot stopper, but in terms of commanding his penalty area he is a complete pony. 

All great players careers come to and end, perhaps he has been here for too long? But unless we make a huge call and drop him things won’t start to improve in defence. Kasper is a real big problem at the moment, like ric says, he is the worst type of character to have in a team with a crisis in confidence. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1