Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoyJones

We need a new goal keeper

4 minutes ago, adam said:

He didn't help us today. It's not acceptable just to say that he can't dominate his area. It's pretty basic stuff. 

Who is going to come in and do a better job in goal for us all round? Name me one keeper that we can realistically attract who will save goals (which is what keepers are paid to do) even half as well as Kasper does. 

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Who is going to come in and do a better job in goal for us all round? Name me one keeper that we can realistically attract who will save goals (which is what keepers are paid to do) even half as well as Kasper does. 

The villa goalie?  Nick Pope? Dean Henderson? Theres 3.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

We'd be a cracking rugby team you know, perhaps we should merge with the Tigers.

Backwards and sideways balls.

Kasper kicking every goal kick out to touch.

Why don’t you go and support the tigers? Honestly you’re boring as ****. Silence until we aren’t doing so well. Before you reply. I’m not bothered because it’ll be another long winded reply you’ve said 36 times before. Cheers

• Sad 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Not one of them is better than Kasper. 

They may all command their areas better but when it comes to shot stopping Kasper is superior. 

Just not true. Henderson for example would be a huge upgrade. With the way we defend commanding their areas is pretty important. 

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We’ll give Guaita is the only goalkeeper who is performing worse than him on the difference between goals conceded and Post-shot expected goals  I would suggest he isn’t saving goals very well.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I feel comfy saying I've seen more of Danny Ward than 99% of you. 

He's not the answer.

Short term he might be, something has to give on this crisis at set pieces and defending crosses. Ward is far more aggressive at clearing shit.

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Not one of them is better than Kasper. 

They may all command their areas better but when it comes to shot stopping Kasper is superior. 

Kasper is elite at shot stopping but right now we are in such a horrendous crisis at set pieces that we might need to take action. He will not help solve this as he is a huge chunk of the set piece and crosses problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper is elite at shot stopping but right now we are in such a horrendous crisis at set pieces that we might need to take action. He will not help solve this as he is a huge chunk of the set piece and crosses problem.

I can see your point and I don’t disagree that he’s poor from set pieces. He’s relatively short for a goal keeper and I think that’s always affected him. But my point is that he’s the same goal keeper we had last season and the season before so it can’t be his fault that we’re suddenly conceding so many set piece goals. 

• Like 1

Kasper’s shortcomings at the moment are not just about commanding the area. His kicking during that first period of the second half made me want to drive to Villa Park and just kick him in the ass. 

When I watched the first goal live today, part of me was like “phew, keepers”. When he didn’t come, I was second guessing as to whether I was being harsh. I wasn’t, that was his all day. 

He isn’t the biggest keeper but that doesn’t mean he can’t control what happens in the 6 yard box. Anyone remember 5’10 Kevin Poole - that man would come out for anything. Keeper’s weren’t even as well protected back then as they are now. 

Very disappointing performance today. Very disappointing season so far. 

Just now, Jakemoore said:

I can see your point and I don’t disagree that he’s poor from set pieces. He’s relatively short for a goal keeper and I think that’s always affected him. But my point is that he’s the same goal keeper we had last season and the season before so it can’t be his fault that we’re suddenly conceding so many set piece goals. 

Maybe he is getting on a bit. 35 now. Not many top flight keepers playing at that age. 

13 minutes ago, Pst said:

Why don’t you go and support the tigers? Honestly you’re boring as ****. Silence until we aren’t doing so well. Before you reply. I’m not bothered because it’ll be another long winded reply you’ve said 36 times before. Cheers

Because i'm not particularly keen on the sport, bit backwards (Ironic) that you have to go backwards/sideways to go forwards imo.

I'm only as boring as the football being served up.

:schmike::brendan:

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Ric is spot on here.

Kasper isn’t a particularly good captain, he loses his head far too often when things aren’t going well. He is ideal when you’re playing well, his personality suits such occasions. But play badly and **** me he is dreadful. Like we say a good shot stopper, but in terms of commanding his penalty area he is a complete pony. 

All great players careers come to and end, perhaps he has been here for too long? But unless we make a huge call and drop him things won’t start to improve in defence. Kasper is a real big problem at the moment, like ric says, he is the worst type of character to have in a team with a crisis in confidence. 

I’m hoping for news of a helpful hand injury on Thursday keeping him out of the Napoli & Newcastle games.

5 minutes ago, adam said:

You not been watching this season? 

[Just for clarity for other ft users, yes there are two adams]

Yes, he has not been to his best but all players have bad runs. Its not like people have criticised him before and then within a month start raving about him. 

The question is whether he is costing us points? I say no. The issue is clearly a defensive issue as a whole