Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoyJones

We need a new goal keeper

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Or Rodgers.

He obviously wants Kasper to play out from the back and while his kicking does frustrate me, always has, he is also the most limited player on the pitch in terms of passing ability.

Bang on.

His distribution has always been crap and something i've always been frustrated with, I dare say at his age it's not going to ever get any better.

But his playing out from the back is even worse, along with our defenders, why you'd instruct them to play like this putting yourself under scrutiny of something that instantly puts you under pressure (even teams who are good at it) is beyond me when we're so bad at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Bang on.

His distribution has always been crap and something i've always been frustrated with, I dare say at his age it's not going to ever get any better.

But his playing out from the back is even worse, along with our defenders, why you'd instruct them to play like this putting yourself under scrutiny of something that instantly puts you under pressure (even teams who are good at it) is beyond me when we're so bad at it.

We just seem so bad at doing it, so deep. Plus we rarely go long in those positions. I've said it before but watch Liverpool and Van Dijk, okay his passing ability is much more better than any of our defenders, goes long quite often (he can play out but also knows when just go direct).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This debate came up the other week - what I've said before and I think what @Bert is saying, is that whilst there's a debate to be had whether or not players like Banks or Shilton were better keepers than Kasper, Kasper has been a better keeper for Leicester  than anyone else

Absolutely. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

No he isn't. Take your pick from Shilton and Banks, either were better IMO.

And no he isn't still one of the best in the league. Great shot-stopper, possibly the best in the league at one on ones, great man and leader, and will be loved forever for what he's done for Leicester. But his ability on crosses, set-pieces and his distribution are barely PL standard. Just my opinion obviously. I see him as the root cause of our woes this season. He's reduced the back four/five to nervous wrecks. And me too. 

Yeah they’ve all won what Kasper has whilst with the club.  

8 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

This debate came up the other week - what I've said before and I think what @Bert is saying, is that whilst there's a debate to be had whether or not players like Banks or Shilton were better keepers than Kasper, Kasper has been a better keeper for Leicester  than anyone else

Has been is the problem. At the moment,watching from the kop, it looks like his confidence is shot on set pieces into the box. Other premier league players have suffered after the Euro's with little rest for twelve months, but they all need a rest from pressure, more than anything, to recharge their batteries. I would hope the manager has discussed this with him and offered him some time out of the firing line if he wants it. He has been a great servant to the club but is only human after all.

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We just seem so bad at doing it, so deep. Plus we rarely go long in those positions. I've said it before but watch Liverpool and Van Dijk, okay his passing ability is much more better than any of our defenders, goes long quite often (he can play out but also knows when just go direct).

While he's clearly bloody brilliant - I'd argue Van Dijk is helped by having one of the most mobile attacks moving about up top off the ball, to be honest. 

For as much as we're played into trouble via some idiotic decisions at the back, part of the blame has to lie with the people in front of them who seem frozen in position. We're so unbelievably static off the ball it's frightening and I think why alot of people are seeing something positive in KDH who actually seems to get about.

• Like 1

A good goalkeeper is easy to spot. they save a lot more than they let in and a save can be a full stretch palm over the bar to a clutching an inbound ball into the box. We know Kasper never leaves his line unless we are into injury time and needing a goal so he will never be the kind of keeper to just pluck a ball out of danger. That places the onus firmly on the shoulder of defenders who are presently marking grass rather than players. So onto saves, at the moment it seems for every save Kasper makes he is plucking the ball out of the net on the next occasion. You just don't get that KS will have that kind of game where no matter how many attempts the opposition have, they aren't going to score. At the moment every cross in or corner taken is panic stations. Every shot seems to be a great chance of becoming a goal if its on target.

With no clean sheets this season after the opening game, the goalkeeper has to be part of the problem. A good goalkeeper should be able to save a poor defence at least once in a season. With zonal marking and a defence that cannot manage that system then we need a keeper who can command his area to sometimes punch away or god forbid catch the ball and not just one camped on the goal line. 

Edited by Bazly
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Langston said:

While he's clearly bloody brilliant - I'd argue Van Dijk is helped by having one of the most mobile attacks moving about up top off the ball, to be honest. 

For as much as we're played into trouble via some idiotic decisions at the back, part of the blame has to lie with the people in front of them who seem frozen in position. We're so unbelievably static off the ball it's frightening and I think why alot of people are seeing something positive in KDH who actually seems to get about.

Agreed. Our movement is shocking, something I mentioned in the thread about throw ins. That's why Evans gets the ball and, more often than not, doesn't know what to do with it.

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

A good goalkeeper is easy to spot. they save a lot more than they let in and a save can be a full stretch palm over the bar to a clutching an inbound ball into the box. We know Kasper never leaves his line unless we are into injury time and needing a goal so he will never be the kind of keeper to just pluck a ball out of danger. That places the onus firmly on the shoulder of defenders who are presently marking grass rather than players. So onto saves, at the moment it seems for every save Kasper makes he is plucking the ball out of the net on the next occasion. You just don't get that KS will have that kind of game where no matter how many attempts the opposition have, they aren't going to score. At the moment every cross in or corner taken is panic stations. Every shot seems to be a great chance of becoming a goal if its on target.

With no clean sheets this season after the opening game, the goalkeeper has to be part of the problem. A good goalkeeper should be able to save a poor defence at least once in a season. With zonal marking and a defence that cannot manage that system then we need a keeper who can command his area to sometimes punch away or god forbid catch the ball and not just one camped on the goal line. 

The stats don't lie, he's made more saves than any other of gk in the league this season and faced the second most shots...it's the defence and our defensive midfield that needs fixing.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 13:01, Steve Earle said:

No he isn't. Take your pick from Shilton and Banks, either were better IMO.

And no he isn't still one of the best in the league. Great shot-stopper, possibly the best in the league at one on ones, great man and leader, and will be loved forever for what he's done for Leicester. But his ability on crosses, set-pieces and his distribution are barely PL standard. Just my opinion obviously. I see him as the root cause of our woes this season. He's reduced the back four/five to nervous wrecks. And me too. 

Absolutely this. Couldn't put it better.

• Thanks 1

Poor goalkeeping, and poor defence, equals disaster.

Kasper will always be a legend, the next best after Banks and Shilton. He has so often been a hero for us, but sadly he is sadly passed his best, and costing us points. With a shaky defence in front of him, the scenario is pretty grim. We need a new keeper, and defenders.

It is time for us to move on, and rebuild defensively if we are to recover as a top six club, and one that will challenge the best. Sadly we must not let our hearts rule our heads.

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Today would be a really great day to leave this crap aside for a bit and get behind Schmeichel. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXQ2ulFNtWt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Absolutely. Lars Høgh was an icon in Danish football and as you can see from that post, he’s obviously had a major impact on Kasper’s life and career as well. Beautiful words from Kasper - just like his tribute to Vichai.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Absolutely. Lars Høgh was an icon in Danish football and as you can see from that post, he’s obviously had a major impact on Kasper’s life and career as well. Beautiful words from Kasper - just like his tribute to Vichai.

Indeed, so well written.

That national team went through incredible trauma in front of the whole world this summer. I think some folks should be a little more mindful of that on this thread and on social media. 

On 09/12/2021 at 12:38, Fox92 said:

Agreed. Our movement is shocking, something I mentioned in the thread about throw ins. That's why Evans gets the ball and, more often than not, doesn't know what to do with it.

Movement is not shocking - its non existent!

• Like 2