Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Anyone think Brendan might be tempted by Alli? 

I think so - he's still young and incredibly talented...

Most people will baulk at the suggestion but they also said the same about Lingard (and let's be fair Dele is twice the player...) and he proved an inspired signing for West Ham...

There may be no money available initially but if we could get some kind of fees for Vestergaard, Benkovic, Mendy and Perez and loan out Bertrand to a championship division 1 dog & duck side and re-invest in a footballer instead. For me it's still that RW position that stands out, neither Lookman or Perez are on the same level as Maddison, Barnes & Tielemans and moves break down when it gets to the right flank.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, teblin said:

Was thinking that kelechi might be the type that Newcastle go in for. On the fridges of a better team, might want to be a starter could pay big money.

not saying I’d sell him but just a thought.

I could see us selling Nacho, tbh. He doesn't fit the system and should be starting somewhere. He is also the only big money outgoing I could see in January.

I could also see Hamza, Benko, and Mendy going, but only Hamza will be worth more than peanuts.

But with Fofana and Justin likely to be added to the squad, I expect any sales in January to fund the summer.

(I know Evans injury could change things, but how many senior CB's can we afford to have on the books?)

4 hours ago, reynard said:

They are going be linked to just about any footballer as long as they are alive. Really hope no Premier League side will deal with them. But sadly they will.

It’s only paper talk but they are apparently looking at Paul Cook as they aren’t prepared to meet Tarkowski’s fee/ pay demands . The sort of players that Howe has been linked with suggests he is still thinking he’s running Bournemouth 

than a mega bucks oil rich club 

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I think he would be. He definitely wanted Cam cover in the past and I think he’s the sort of troubled guy Brendan would think he could improve. 

it’s got disaster written all over it, but so did lingard, which I worry makes people think he’s worth the gamble. 

There’s a few big differences between the 2 though. Lingard doesn’t have a negative attitude and in general, is well liked everywhere he goes. Lingard is up against great players where as alli has had a wide open run at a poor Spurs team and failed to make the place his under about 5 different managers. 

Talent is one thing, personality is another. I’m all for giving the rough diamond a shine if they are going to be a good character to have around... not so much on someone who could disrupt and is more likely to pull someone like Maddison down with him. Not sure the avengers club, or whatever it is the young English lads do is the best influence on JM, and any of the other young lads we have. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I could see us selling Nacho, tbh. He doesn't fit the system and should be starting somewhere. He is also the only big money outgoing I could see in January.

I could also see Hamza, Benko, and Mendy going, but only Hamza will be worth more than peanuts.

But with Fofana and Justin likely to be added to the squad, I expect any sales in January to fund the summer.

(I know Evans injury could change things, but how many senior CB's can we afford to have on the books?)

Hamza is worth at best one extra peanut, charitably.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seem to remember you having a meltdown for us signing vestergaard because we knew he was bad so you're now advocating signing a player from  worse defence who's been bang average all season?

Only thinking it might improve Soyuncu's game, having a mate around him in a foreign country, only seen Kabak once when he had that c***up with the Liverpool goalkeeper resulting in Vardy scoring.

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

No reason to drag that name out of the dustbin. Alli hasn't done anything in at least the last 3 seasons. He's played under 5 different managers at Spurs now, all of whom have tried to give him a chance and then dropped him like a hot potato. Dele is like a less talented, less committed, less disciplined and more limited Maddison.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

No reason to drag that name out of the dustbin. Alli hasn't done anything in at least the last 3 seasons. He's played under 5 different managers at Spurs now, all of whom have tried to give him a chance and then dropped him like a hot potato. Dele is like a less talented, less committed, less disciplined and more limited Maddison.

There’s no denying he was a real talent when he started his career at spurs and in the first couple of seasons there- unlikeable ( so a good fit for Spurs) but a very decent player . Clearly lost his way and made few friends at his present club and I hope we resist the chance to take a gamble on him regaining some form 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, he's a left footed forward in similar style to Iheanacho as a link man but is better as a makeshift winger than Iheanacho. 

Watch the guy at :25 who makes the Maddison pass. I want him. The first thing I think of now when I watch these clips is how much space/ time they have to shoot. Never going to happen at this level.

Piroe looks like a poundshop Ulloa...no thanks.

Rodgers's recruitment seriously worries me, we need to return to what the club was good at, signing very talented youngsters, with huge potential.

Vestergaard over Nathan Collins for example, has to be a direct result of Rodgers's impact.

Bertrand too....Should have gone for Djed Spence.

Rodgers's transfer policy has clearly failed, Vestergaard and Bertrand were clearly signed for a run in Europe, and they haven't given us that.

£20 million+ for their services is a disgrace, and is the kind of short termism we have not been used to.

Anybody think the FA Cup win, has unfortunately, given Rodgers too much extra control at the club?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

It’s only paper talk but they are apparently looking at Paul Cook as they aren’t prepared to meet Tarkowski’s fee/ pay demands . The sort of players that Howe has been linked with suggests he is still thinking he’s running Bournemouth 

than a mega bucks oil rich club 

There's a good chance covid might really mess this transfer window upas well.

I know a lad that's well connected at Spurs ( Nice guy too, before anyone starts😄

He's been saying for a good while now that Leicester have shown interest, in Dele Ali, but I daren't put it on here, as I'd get hammered for it😄

We obviously haven't got a lot of cash and a cheap, short term, loan deal, might be something we're looking into. 

He's a very good player and could be useful if we can get a tune out of him. 

Edited by Hollyfox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I know a lad that's well connected at Spurs ( Nice guy too, before anyone starts😄

He's been saying for a good while now that Leicester have shown interest, in Dele Ali, but I daren't put it on here, as I'd get hammered for it😄

We obviously haven't got a lot of cash and a cheap, short term, loan deal, might be something we're looking into. 

Personally think that Alli is over-rated.

Seems average, especially over the past year.

Not sure if he's got an attitude problem, which has hindered his progress.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Not going to hammer you lol but I wonder why we need more attackers - we are looking ok in that dept but are desperate for defenders 

• Like 1