Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Talent is one thing, personality is another. I’m all for giving the rough diamond a shine if they are going to be a good character to have around... not so much on someone who could disrupt and is more likely to pull someone like Maddison down with him.

Spot on. It's often bemused me why a great young talent disappears into obscurity. Alli's huge talent is shackled by an inherent meanness of character. 

Unusual in an attacking midfielder, he always has shown a need to have a dig. Maybe he feels it's the best way to protect or defend himself, but it comes across as a teensy bit vicious. He's also somewhat arrogant. Not for me, and I don't believe BR could change his attitude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Spot on. It's often bemused me why a great young talent disappears into obscurity. Alli's huge talent is shackled by an inherent meanness of character. 

Unusual in an attacking midfielder, he always has shown a need to have a dig. Maybe he feels it's the best way to protect or defend himself, but it comes across as a teensy bit vicious. He's also somewhat arrogant. Not for me, and I don't believe BR could change his attitude.

...perhaps being in the capital and playing for a team in a goldfish bowl does not help to engender a person of good character!!!

For some people who have been indulged for the best part of their life, they may find it difficult to be anything else than self absorbed and to an extent  entitled. 

Getting him into an environment where hard work is rewarding and recognised in the same way as flair, might just be what he needs at this moment in his career to mature, on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Just thinking if Brendan is playing mind games saying can’t see us doing much transfer business in January as before when stated we have a whatever £m transfer budget players tend to be offered on over inflated prices ?

In truth Brendan has always been very black and white with transfers. Not the sort to play mind games.  Can’t remember him ever lying about something like that 

Not a rumour but wonder if we my fancy a punt on Christian Eriksen, we were linked last winter.

Inter terminating he contract as it not possible to play in Serie A he has the ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) 

His back in training in Denmark, Daley Blind had one fitted in 2019 and has managed to play in the Eredivisie, Champs League and Internationally since with no problem

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not a rumour but wonder if we my fancy a punt on Christian Eriksen, we were linked last winter.

Inter terminating he contract as it not possible to play in Serie A he has the ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) 

His back in training in Denmark, Daley Blind had one fitted in 2019 and has managed to play in the Eredivisie, Champs League and Internationally since with no problem

I imagine it will depend on the rules over here, but to be honest I probably wouldn't

He was pretty poor during his time at Inter and after coming back from something like that... you just don't know

Probably end up back at Ajax as like you mentioned it isn't a problem there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fridgechef said:

I would love Ali here. I think he has stagnated at spurs, but there is talent there, and i believe good character. He needs a project around him. The expectation at spurs is a lot. They are expected to win with a not great team. Whereas we are still underdogs in some respect. This might actually serve him well. 

He will go Newcastle 

• Like 1

On 15/12/2021 at 10:03, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps being in the capital and playing for a team in a goldfish bowl does not help to engender a person of good character!!!

For some people who have been indulged for the best part of their life, they may find it difficult to be anything else than self absorbed and to an extent  entitled. 

Getting him into an environment where hard work is rewarding and recognised in the same way as flair, might just be what he needs at this moment in his career to mature, on and off the pitch.

Agreed. He probably does need a 'cold shower of reality' to enable him to focus again. Only moving away from Spurs will bring him down to earth again. Then we could see an accomplished footballer emerge again - with a more modest and tempered attitude.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is weird. I absolutely loathed Ali, because he was so good. The absolute cockwomble. However it’s a shame he appears to have fallen off a cliff and disappeared - possibly up his own rectum. ouroboros little player. 

That doesn’t mean he hasn’t got talent in bucket loads, might once again be one of the best midfielders around and might be worth a punt. 

I don’t like to see talented players wasting their ability. Drinkwater to Chelsea still gives me nightmares. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

It is weird. I absolutely loathed Ali, because he was so good. The absolute cockwomble. However it’s a shame he appears to have fallen off a cliff and disappeared - possibly up his own rectum. ouroboros little player. 

That doesn’t mean he hasn’t got talent in bucket loads, might once again be one of the best midfielders around and might be worth a punt. 

I don’t like to see talented players wasting their ability. Drinkwater to Chelsea still gives me nightmares. 

One suspects Dele would be seriously motivated to prove Spurs wrong if they do loan him out, too.

• Like 1