Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, Nick said:

A left back?

We've got four players who can play there!

Admittedly to varying standard but, really? Where's that from?

Ricardo is primarily a right back anyway, and not found his best form since coming back from his ACL yet. Castagne has been steady but not at his best, and is often used to cover for RIcardo.  Thomas is a promising young player, but is naturally inconsistent at this stage of his career, and Bertrand is clearly only here to pick up one last big pay day, and been worse than useless when he has played so far.  Justin is quality but we dont know how long it will take for him to reach the top levels that he was producing last season after being out for so long. Digne is a class act and would be an excellent signing if it were to happen, but I would be surprised if it does. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Ricardo is primarily a right back anyway, and not found his best form since coming back from his ACL yet. Castagne has been steady but not at his best, and is often used to cover for RIcardo.  Thomas is a promising young player, but is naturally inconsistent at this stage of his career, and Bertrand is clearly only here to pick up one last big pay day, and been worse than useless when he has played so far.  Justin is quality but we dont know how long it will take for him to reach the top levels that he was producing last season after being out for so long. Digne is a class act and would be an excellent signing if it were to happen, but I would be surprised if it does. 

Yes I agree a left back should be a priority position.

Ricardo’s contract ends 2023 so a decision will need to be made this summer, with his fitness and form issues I’d say it be wise we sold. 

Bertrand loan to a championship club next summer and then release in 2023.

That would then leave Justin and Castagne fighting for the right back slot and Thomas and new left back fighting for the left back slot

On 15/12/2021 at 11:03, coolhandfox said:

Not a rumour but wonder if we my fancy a punt on Christian Eriksen, we were linked last winter.

Inter terminating he contract as it not possible to play in Serie A he has the ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) 

His back in training in Denmark, Daley Blind had one fitted in 2019 and has managed to play in the Eredivisie, Champs League and Internationally since with no problem

im pretty sure we’ve had problems in England getting players insured who had cardiac arrests on the pitch. Didn’t we have a left back on loan who had that happen? Clive…?

it was a while ago so maybe rules have changed.

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

im pretty sure we’ve had problems in England getting players insured who had cardiac arrests on the pitch. Didn’t we have a left back on loan who had that happen? Clive…?

it was a while ago so maybe rules have changed.

It not insurance that is the issue, the Italian FA’s rules forbid players from playing with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) device.

The English FA have no such rule, they do a individual assessment 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

It not insurance that is the issue, the Italian FA’s rules forbid players from playing with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) device.

What's the value proposition here?

A player with waning form over the past few seasons with a dodgy ticker. 

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

What's the value proposition here?

A player with waning form over the past few seasons with a dodgy ticker. 

Not saying we would or should, just that we were interested before.

He would be on a free and I'm not sure he would be commanding big wages like before.

Daley Blind was in the same position and has managed to play in the Champion League and the Euro for Holland since.

Digne would be a great signing, I’d thought about him earlier this week, as he’s been frozen out by Rafa. 

Experience and of a higher ability than we already have. He also adds the actually ability to take set pieces more consistently. 

I’d also thought about Eriksen. He’s not what we really need though, as he’s Maddison but out of form with an element or risk. He could be a great acquisition for some though. 

Deli Alli has quite a bit upside and could be worth half a season risk on loan. It would give us chance to asses how he trains, his motivation and if he could fit in. 

Another I think we should look at and move now if possible, we should look at Boubacar Kamara, Florian Wertz, Roman Frueler or Frank Kessie. They might be unattainable though. 

Or we could go all out crazy and look at Eden Hazard. 

No rumours on this look what do ever …..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick said:

A left back?

We've got four players who can play there!

Admittedly to varying standard but, really? Where's that from?

True but one thing he does provide is assists he has 20 in 127 games for Everton, Riccado has 13 in 100 games.

Riccardo has scored more goals 6 to Digne 4.

Until Justin and Riccardo are full fit we have Castagne, Thomas and Bertrand to cover 2 positions.

Depend on the price. 

Edited by coolhandfox

17 minutes ago, Sly said:

Digne would be a great signing, I’d thought about him earlier this week, as he’s been frozen out by Rafa. 

Experience and of a higher ability than we already have. He also adds the actually ability to take set pieces more consistently. 

I’d also thought about Eriksen. He’s not what we really need though, as he’s Maddison but out of form with an element or risk. He could be a great acquisition for some though. 

Deli Alli has quite a bit upside and could be worth half a season risk on loan. It would give us chance to asses how he trains, his motivation and if he could fit in. 

Another I think we should look at and move now if possible, we should look at Boubacar Kamara, Florian Wertz, Roman Frueler or Frank Kessie. They might be unattainable though. 

Or we could go all out crazy and look at Eden Hazard. 

No rumours on this look what do ever …..

Read that Everton are going to spend 17m on 22yr old Vitaliy Mekolenko  who's a CB as a replacement. Everton fans on their forum quite glad he's off as he's 28 and they reckon he's been s*** for along time and want to decrease their bloated squad to make room for fresh hungry young players.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Read that Everton are going to spend 17m on 22yr old Vitaliy Mekolenko  who's a CB as a replacement. Everton fans on their forum quite glad he's off as he's 28 and they reckon he's been s*** for along time and want to decrease their bloated squad to make room for fresh hungry young players.

Interesting, because he's always looked class and one of their best players whenever I've seen them on tv, but obviously they watch him every week.

• Like 2

I was up in Liverpool recently and a few of them were Everton supporters. They rated him but did say he’d dropped off. 

Then again, half this forum didn’t rate Chilwell and he’s better than any other left back that we have. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m not expecting much transfer activity at all this January, Hamza out on loan, maybe someone in for Nacho because of his lack of game time.

Can't imagine any other club would touch Iheanacho with a barge pole if he's unvaccinated (as suspected). Or Hamza, for that matter.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Clive Clarke was his name I think?  I think in his particular case, insurance was mentioned as a stumbling block  to him continuing his career.  I have a ( possibly inaccurate) recollection it’s been the problem for others in the past too

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Clive Clarke was his name I think?  I think in his particular case, insurance was mentioned as a stumbling block  to him continuing his career.  I have a ( possibly inaccurate) recollection it’s been the problem for others in the past too

He didn't have a ICD fit afterward as far as I aware, not sure if they were as common place in 2007

• Like 1

Just reading about Leeds small squad and feel Hamza would be a very good fit. Arguably they have Kalvin Phillips in a similar position but playing at 200 mph as they do  would suit Choudhury. If, as expected Mendy goes (and wasn't in squad anyway) we may feel we can't lose Choudhury too but he hasn't featured even in times  of injury and patchy results, Wonder if he's on Bielsa's super analytical spreadsheet spy system database thingy. Just think it's a good fit all round.

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Just reading about Leeds small squad and feel Hamza would be a very good fit. Arguably they have Kalvin Phillips in a similar position but playing at 200 mph as they do  would suit Choudhury. If, as expected Mendy goes (and wasn't in squad anyway) we may feel we can't lose Choudhury too but he hasn't featured even in times  of injury and patchy results, Wonder if he's on Bielsa's super analytical spreadsheet spy system database thingy. Just think it's a good fit all round.

...Hamza just cannot catch a break....the dice just will not role his way!!!

I really want him to leave, he is learning nothing at this club and being here does not afford him the opportunity to mature as a player. KDH grew on loan and Hamza deserves the chance to prove he can carve out a genuine career at the top level. 

I know we are paying him good money but we treat him as a bargaining chip that we keep calling on, every transfer window. 

On 12/12/2021 at 23:32, Ric Flair said:

Richards signed for Hoffenheim before the end of the summer window.

.....was this a permanent deal, or was it just a loan which would expire in June 2022!!!

He looks pretty special and if Rodgers is still focused on all his players being comfortable on the ball then he would be mad not to pick him up. It would be interesting how much they would be asking for him, but £25m would surely be a good deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Hamza just cannot catch a break....the dice just will not role his way!!!

I really want him to leave, he is learning nothing at this club and being here does not afford him the opportunity to mature as a player. KDH grew on loan and Hamza deserves the chance to prove he can carve out a genuine career at the top level. 

I know we are paying him good money but we treat him as a bargaining chip that we keep calling on, every transfer window. 

How do you know this?