Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is too good to be a backup for Barnes, he looks a good player, he would be wasted on our bench!!!

I don't think bringing him in as rotation means he'll always be on the bench. He would need time to get up to speed with the league, and currently we don't have backup for Barnes other than Lookman. Barnes' injury last season forced a formation change, after all. Keane-Potter would get plenty of game time I'm sure.

17 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Seconded. No way he'd come to us though, surely? I can't get my hopes up! He'd be an excellent signing.

We clearly do scout the French division heavily (as do west ham and Chelsea)... there could well be some truth in it. 

13 hours ago, NasPb said:

......he does love to go to ground, he is physical and looks like he doesn't like to lose!!!

I would pick him up just for his heading prowess in the opposition box, someone at last who has learned how to head a ball properly, as what we do is an abomination to the game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......he does love to go to ground, he is physical and looks like he doesn't like to lose!!!

I would pick him up just for his heading prowess in the opposition box, someone at last who has learned how to head a ball properly, as what we do is an abomination to the game.

He does look hard and tough, West Ham are after him, they do like strong players. Also Newcastle and Chelsea also want him. Think we have to start showing interest now if we are going for him, think he going to be a class defender

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He does look hard and tough, West Ham are after him, they do like strong players. Also Newcastle and Chelsea also want him. Think we have to start showing interest now if we are going for him, think he going to be a class defender

Liverpool were strongly linked to him in the summer as well but ended up going for Konate. Lille have just agree to sell one of their forwards for 20 mill so they might not need the money from another sale now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

....we need his type of mentality in our team!!!

Rodgers will have to break this team up to some extent, and he would solidify our backline.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Botman is a very Leicester kinda signing, rumour is going cheaper than before, had /has hype and potential for improvement. If we make one signing this January I think it needs to be a centreback.

He spoke highly about his former teammate Soumare as well so if we are interested, that might help 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Botman is a very Leicester kinda signing, rumour is going cheaper than before, had /has hype and potential for improvement. If we make one signing this January I think it needs to be a centreback.

Totally. It’s not a rebuild just fixing a glaring problem that is not going away. Looks like he has the right temperament and stature but bit concerned that those sweeping tackles may draw attention from English refs with the pace of our game but that could be addressed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Totally. It’s not a rebuild just fixing a glaring problem that is not going away. Looks like he has the right temperament and stature but bit concerned that those sweeping tackles may draw attention from English refs with the pace of our game but that could be addressed. 

...he doesn't come in at the sides when he makes the tackle, it is noticeable that he goes to ground infront of the opponent!!!

There is a chance that with a faster paced game  he could be caught out but it looks like something he has always done and is extremely adept in doing so. Benkovic was a player who had a great recovery game and went to ground a lot.  Probably the best feature of his play as he would win the ball and come away with it himself. 

Benkovic must be wondering what has gone so wrong in his life, that he is now not even a last resort for our team. I expect him to terminate his contract at the end of the season and to take up commercial opportunities outside of the game.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.