Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

13 hours ago, ronnup said:

We need to get Tielemens replacement in. Not easy. 

Don't see that happening. More likely we'll change shape when he goes. Maddison moving to number 10 position or being the "creative passer". Soumare replaces Ndidi. 

Future looks to be 2 strikers, though in 2 years time we will likely be without Vardy and Nacho

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......he does love to go to ground, he is physical and looks like he doesn't like to lose!!!

I would pick him up just for his heading prowess in the opposition box, someone at last who has learned how to head a ball properly, as what we do is an abomination to the game.

Looks perfect for us, no nonsense defender and left footed would provide more balance at the back. Ideal replacement if Söyüncü leaves imo. Also remember people saying similar about Fofana going to ground a lot based on You Tube vidéos, and he seems to have settled in well. Also imagine for a CB, sliding tackles are always going to make their highlights videos, like Demarai and all his tricks. 

Main concern would be price given he’s only 21 and contracted until 2025. Although believe there’s rumours he could be attainable? Maybe c. £30mil in the summer if Söyüncü does go? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

On loan I think. Our major areas of concern are defence and replacing Tielemans so a player like him is a luxury. If things stabilise we could have another look down the line.

....no goals or assists in 14 games, perhaps still adjusting, it will be next season where he will be expected to excel, should he decide to come to the Premier League!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

There is no rumour for Leicester here, but Martial willing to go to Sevilla, surely we can compete for that in terms of finances, worth a punt? Really good player when given a good run and can score/create goals when play goes through him. He's been unfortunate really that since he's been at united he's never really been someone that the team will focus play through or get the ball to. There's always been someone else considered the "main man" there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

There is no rumour for Leicester here, but Martial willing to go to Sevilla, surely we can compete for that in terms of finances, worth a punt? Really good player when given a good run and can score/create goals when play goes through him. He's been unfortunate really that since he's been at united he's never really been someone that the team will focus play through or get the ball to. There's always been someone else considered the "main man" there. 

Yeah but Sevilla mate. Awesome oranges, nice weather. We can’t compete with those. 

13 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

He’s a lazy bastard, wouldn’t fit in at all. 

...he is a good player, the dynamics of United are his downfall!!!

There is a quality player who over the years has lost his enthusiasm on the pitch and the exploits and football style at United has not helped him. With only playing one upfront and with sparing rotation we just do not need a top class forward sitting on our bench.

We still need to finally balance this team with the wide forward or inverted winger. If Lookman had any end product, we would have been in the top six by now. I am not saying he is the reason for our poor showing, but just having a competent player producing in that position, would have made such a difference.

10 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Don't see that happening. More likely we'll change shape when he goes. Maddison moving to number 10 position or being the "creative passer". Soumare replaces Ndidi. 

Future looks to be 2 strikers, though in 2 years time we will likely be without Vardy and Nacho

I bet they’re hoping that KDH can do that I think, looking how he was used in the last matches. Not the same quality, but as a local lad gets more time 

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he doesn't come in at the sides when he makes the tackle, it is noticeable that he goes to ground infront of the opponent!!!

There is a chance that with a faster paced game  he could be caught out but it looks like something he has always done and is extremely adept in doing so. Benkovic was a player who had a great recovery game and went to ground a lot.  Probably the best feature of his play as he would win the ball and come away with it himself. 

Benkovic must be wondering what has gone so wrong in his life, that he is now not even a last resort for our team. I expect him to terminate his contract at the end of the season and to take up commercial opportunities outside of the game.

Yes I quite agree that’s why I called it a sweep tackle. I loved that tackle when I played but every so often a ref will pull you up and even more so nowadays and difficult against speedsters. I haven’t seen enough of him. Have you seen what his all round game is like?. The trouble is we all want a combination of many things but that sort of player is rare and very expensive. 

52 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Yes I quite agree that’s why I called it a sweep tackle. I loved that tackle when I played but every so often a ref will pull you up and even more so nowadays and difficult against speedsters. I haven’t seen enough of him. Have you seen what his all round game is like?. The trouble is we all want a combination of many things but that sort of player is rare and very expensive. 

....I have not watched him play a full game and my only look at him has been via YouTube!!!

What i have seen has convinced me that he has the quality we need, he recovers well, has the speed to match attackers and stays on his feet when he has to in the box. His physical strength is awesome and he knows how to use it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is a good player, the dynamics of United are his downfall!!!

There is a quality player who over the years has lost his enthusiasm on the pitch and the exploits and football style at United has not helped him. With only playing one upfront and with sparing rotation we just do not need a top class forward sitting on our bench.

We still need to finally balance this team with the wide forward or inverted winger. If Lookman had any end product, we would have been in the top six by now. I am not saying he is the reason for our poor showing, but just having a competent player producing in that position, would have made such a difference.

He's not shone during the tenure of more than one manager at United and certainly doesn't look much of a goalscorer to me when given the opportunity. 

Who would make way for him here, he'd be a squad player, we have enough of them. We need other positions filling before we start to collect more shiny things for collecting's sake. All these wages add up and suffocate finances. He's the last thing we need. 

• Like 2

We don’t want to leave it too late again and be forced into making rash decisions or ones at inflated prices. Love evans but he isn’t getting any younger. Likewise fofana but he is so good and such potential that we will struggle to hold on to him. If Botman is as good as people have suggested I hope we try our best to get him in.

There is no way I'd want Martial. No way. If there is any money at all it should go towards a CB. Hopefully whoever we buy we can convince them they could start - I'm not sure I want Cags and Evans as our starting CB duo next season. 

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's not shone during the tenure of more than one manager at United and certainly doesn't look much of a goalscorer to me when given the opportunity. 

Who would make way for him here, he'd be a squad player, we have enough of them. We need other positions filling before we start to collect more shiny things for collecting's sake. All these wages add up and suffocate finances. He's the last thing we need. 

....I think you may have interpreted my post in the wrong way!!!

What you have said is exactly what I have posted in respect of bringing him here. No problem with your take on his problems at United, we can't all see things the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I’d be surprised f we signed any one, other than a loan in January. 

That's been our downfall two years in a row and in much much better positions to now. If JJ and Fofana aren't close to being back and Wilf and Dan go we would be insane not too

• Like 1