Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why do I think we're going to get Eriksen in on a free?

No chance. We don't have any money.

The speculation will just be the papers trying to generate some readership.

Just now, fox_up_north said:

Would anyone take the risk on him? 

Hate to say it but I feel his career is over, as a top flight regular footballer, at least. Any club taking him on would be half petrified of his health and of PR fallout if he collapses again. 

Only way I see it is if it's a pay as you play deal.

I'd take him on a years deal if the medical profession deem him OK to play which it appears he is. He's a magician.

• Like 2

I’m not sure why people are suggesting Martial. He’s right footed and plays in Barnes position doesn’t he? To boot we have Lookman who should really be cover for Barnes on the left and not playing in the right at all. For me we remain in search of a left foooted, right sided player winger/wide forward. We need a starter as Pérez isn’t it and Albrighton is arguably now the cover but as a winger rather than a wide forward.

Eriksen I’d take on a free if we could afford his wages (and the insurance - not wishing to be mean).

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still got the majority of the £9m we got for Sowah....

No we'd already spent that and accounted for mendy going. I repeat, no money.

Rarely do business in Jan anyway, can only really see Mendy leaving as well, unless anyone comes in for Hamza or Kelechi. 

Justin and Fofana back would be better than any transfer business we could realistically do anyway. Given our defensive fragilities this season, if you could get any 2 players in in Jan based on last years performances you’d probably want JJ & Fof in an ideal world anyway (if we didn’t already have them). Hopefully, given their age it won’t take them too long to get back up to speed, although some patience will be required.  

On 21/12/2021 at 10:47, Foxes96 said:

Looks perfect for us, no nonsense defender and left footed would provide more balance at the back. Ideal replacement if Söyüncü leaves imo. Also remember people saying similar about Fofana going to ground a lot based on You Tube vidéos, and he seems to have settled in well. Also imagine for a CB, sliding tackles are always going to make their highlights videos, like Demarai and all his tricks. 

Main concern would be price given he’s only 21 and contracted until 2025. Although believe there’s rumours he could be attainable? Maybe c. £30mil in the summer if Söyüncü does go? 

Botman would be more than welcome in our defence.

Summer would be more likely. On past history players linked to us in January have eventually arrived in the following window. I'm thinking of Soumaré earlier this year, and it would've been the same with Edouard until Daka became obtainable. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

If we can move on a few?

Unfortunately some of those that need moving on are not fit for purpose.  Created by defective recruitment.   Congers will leave an indifferent legacy.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Why do I think we're going to get Eriksen in on a free?

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Do our league rules permit him to play?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought I read somewhere they do, where as Serie A they don't.

i still maintain this will be an insurance issue. I do not believe we will be able to get him insured. Or any team in the prem will be able to, for that matter..

2 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Godin wanting to leave Cagliari. Clearly not the player he once was but could add some experienced cover at cb. Would could probably get him for close to nothing and on 6 month deal too.

Not sure about that to be honest 

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

i still maintain this will be an insurance issue. I do not believe we will be able to get him insured. Or any team in the prem will be able to, for that matter..

Daley Blinds has played at Ajax and for Holland no problem.

Seems no issue there with insurance.

Non PL against it just need to be assessed by medical panel.

• Like 1