Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Daley Blinds has played at Ajax and for Holland no problem.

Seems no issue there with insurance.

Non PL against it just need to be assessed by medical panel.

There’s no precedent set for England  though.

our insurance companies might be different?

19 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

He’s a lazy bastard, wouldn’t fit in at all. 

That would be my main worry, but he always looked lively and had the motivation to get around the pitch in his early days at United, I would think the way United have treated him would have made it hard for someone to fully commit knowing even if you have a blinder you'll just get dropped again for a big name. 
I do wonder whether a new environment would give him the bug again, Lingard at West Ham being an example. Plays out of his skin, gets dropped for months on end, loses motivation, goes to West Ham and is the standout signing of the transfer window. Goes back to United, can't get a game again. I'd happily take Lingard though. 

Martial is a frustrating player, but in the right hands would be dynamite. 

2 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

Godin wanting to leave Cagliari. Clearly not the player he once was but could add some experienced cover at cb. Would could probably get him for close to nothing and on 6 month deal too.

My favourite opposition player I’ve seen live, was an outstanding centreback 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

We are going to let Benkovic go somewhere for a nominal fee aren’t we? And he’s going to turn into a world beater!

This one is incredibly frustrating. Celtic fans were comparing him to VVD, I know a few Celtic fans who told me they were not giving him back. We did the exact same thing with Soyuncu where we thought he would never break into the squad, even when our defence was rocky Soyuncu never got a sniff. The moment we lost Maguire and threw Soyuncu in, he becomes a world beater. Have a gut feeling Benkovic will go to a smaller club, play well, then get a big move and become a very solid CB. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This one is incredibly frustrating. Celtic fans were comparing him to VVD, I know a few Celtic fans who told me they were not giving him back. We did the exact same thing with Soyuncu where we thought he would never break into the squad, even when our defence was rocky Soyuncu never got a sniff. The moment we lost Maguire and threw Soyuncu in, he becomes a world beater. Have a gut feeling Benkovic will go to a smaller club, play well, then get a big move and become a very solid CB. 

....I think he is shot, completely devoid from pursuing anything to do with playing the game!!!

I can see him going at the end of the season with his contract paid up by the club. Just watching him on the pitch, he is going through the motions and seems to have little or no interest in what is happening around him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think he is shot, completely devoid from pursuing anything to do with playing the game!!!

I can see him going at the end of the season with his contract paid up by the club. Just watching him on the pitch, he is going through the motions and seems to have little or no interest in what is happening around him.

Would like to see him given a chance in a cup game or on as a sub later on, it will do him the world of good. Read conflicting reports some say that Brendan prefers EPL ready players that's why he signed Vestergaard and Bertrand while Brendan himself has said that Benkovic time will come and he will get a chance sometime. It's so frustrating because when he was at Celtic their fans were raving about him, I haven't seen any Leicester game on screen that he's played in. I remember when Soyuncu couldn't game a game for a year and then was given a proper chance and started to perform to his potential.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Think he lost all confidence after coming down from the high of playing well at Celtic to being injured when he returned and then struggling to get game time in any of his subsequent loans

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Would like to see him given a chance in a cup game or on as a sub later on, it will do him the world of good. Read conflicting reports some say that Brendan prefers EPL ready players that's why he signed Vestergaard and Bertrand while Brendan himself has said that Benkovic time will come and he will get a chance sometime. It's so frustrating because when he was at Celtic their fans were raving about him, I haven't seen any Leicester game on screen that he's played in. I remember when Soyuncu couldn't game a game for a year and then was given a proper chance and started to perform to his potential.

....he featured in pre-season, looked in a different world, also played in U23s, and looked weak!!!

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he featured in pre-season, looked in a different world, also played in U23s, and looked weak!!!

It depends who’s available in truth. If the cb crisis is as bad as being reported and he  was available tonight, you’d think this would be the game to try him. 

I don’t think throwing him or Nelson into a premier league game would be a good idea. But a cup against a decent reserve team... perfect game to try it out imo. Obviously both of their ceilings as cbs should be higher than Bertrand, wilf and castagnes... if it isn’t, then they are never going to make it 

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Sad to see, but in his head Benko probably left the club several years ago. Now he's just going through the motions before he leaves permanently. The only good thing is that he is young enough to rebuild his career elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, sm1 said:

Sad to see, but in his head Benko probably left the club several years ago. Now he's just going through the motions before he leaves permanently. The only good thing is that he is young enough to rebuild his career elsewhere.

In truth he should just go back to Croatia. That would give him the best chance of success 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

My favourite opposition player I’ve seen live, was an outstanding centreback 

And is still a far better cb than vestergard, would certainly do a job for the rest of this season.

Still the current Uruguay captain.

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No one is going to pay a fee, for him are they.

He can't play in SA due to the rules.

So they just pay out money until the end of his contract?

well there’s signing on fees and just aground investing into a player even high wages. You sign someone like that and then come feb he can’t play again then that leaves a whole in your squad…. We cups end up paying his wages for a long time and we won’t do that without him being insured  and I really believe that would be the stumbling block- getting him insured.

Let me spell out what will happen in this window , THE same as the last couple bugger all , and we were calling ourselves a top 4 club , u only become a top 4 team by bring in talent not the last lot we have got . So get ready for another disappointing window . And merry Xmas to all my fellow foxes fans 

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Let me spell out what will happen in this window , THE same as the last couple bugger all , and we were calling ourselves a top 4 club , u only become a top 4 team by bring in talent not the last lot we have got . So get ready for another disappointing window . And merry Xmas to all my fellow foxes fans 

I think you're right. We certainly don't want anyone Rodgers recommends, not only is his choice of players historically poor, but he might be gone in the summer hopefully. If we buy someone he didn't choose, he'll probably not play them anyway. 

• Like 2