Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

We all know there isn’t money to spend unless sales permit, but we need a centreback as otherwise we’re making the same mistakes pinning our hopes on fofana (who might not be 100%) till next season. 

sell Hamza and Mendy, acquire Tarkowski, most importantly he is barely injured and almost always available.

01D710F3-2DF0-4452-8AB9-21A99F424A18.png

Thomas has probably established himself as our left back for now, question is what happens at right back? Castagne is inconsistent this season whilst Ricardo (no fault of his own) is constantly injured which means we can’t rely on him and Justin we can’t be sure if he’ll come back the same… do we look for a new right back? 

I'd be surprised if we sign a new defender, unless its on loan. We've lumbered our squad with Bertrand and Vestergaard. Do we even have space in our 25 man squad to sign anyone else?

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sign anyone. If someone is available and we can maybe integrate them this season before them being first choice next year then yes, otherwise what is the point. Has to be guaranteed to improve us. 

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Thomas has probably established himself as our left back for now, question is what happens at right back? Castagne is inconsistent this season whilst Ricardo (no fault of his own) is constantly injured which means we can’t rely on him and Justin we can’t be sure if he’ll come back the same… do we look for a new right back? 

...bring in Lamptey, very good on the ball, likes to go forward, plays like a Winger!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ronnup said:

We're a much less inticing prospect for players like Tarkowski now, anyone good is going to be looking at West Ham or Spurs before us now. 

....conversely, we could be a better prospect, as they may feel that they can walk into our first team quite easily!!!

I am sure the money will be the same and Tarkowski is probably already earmarked to come here next summer. If we should pick him up in the January window, then we will know the club has jumped the gun and brought his acquisition forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....conversely, we could be a better prospect, as they may feel that they can walk into our first team quite easily!!!

I am sure the money will be the same and Tarkowski is probably already earmarked to come here next summer. If we should pick him up in the January window, then we will know the club has jumped the gun and brought his acquisition forward.

Although, West Ham have got problems at centre half at the moment too,  and so he would walk into their team.  I fear we may have missed the boat with Tarkowski. Before the season started he would most likely have seen us as a better option than West Ham. Two top five finishes in a row  and the FA Cup  would have suggested we were going to be the safer bet moving forward, where as there would still have been some doubt about whether West Ham would be a one season wonder. Currently though, much as it pains me to say it, West Ham are looking quite an attractive option for him now.  They look every bit as if they are going to be in and around the top 6, and now they have had some more investment, and the prospect of a takeover too. Newcastle have also mudded the waters on Tarkowski too, because clearly if they do want him then they will pay whatever he wants. It's whether he wants to take the risk of a possible relegation, knowing that if they stay up, then if they get the right people in, they are likely to be pushing top 6 themselves next season.  

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We all know there isn’t money to spend unless sales permit, but we need a centreback as otherwise we’re making the same mistakes pinning our hopes on fofana (who might not be 100%) till next season. 

sell Hamza and Mendy, acquire Tarkowski, most importantly he is barely injured and almost always available.

01D710F3-2DF0-4452-8AB9-21A99F424A18.png

I'm sure that nose injury will be back and he'll be ruled out for 6 months upon arrival.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...bring in Lamptey, very good on the ball, likes to go forward, plays like a Winger!!!

Would love him here. If he can stay injury free he'll end up playing at the highest level for years to come. 

I think Brighton will want a huge fee for him though :sweating: