Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

Tbh we're still an attractive prospect:

- consistent European cups

- regular top half finishes

- recent experience of winning stuff

- pretty good profile

- Seagrave

If we finish 8th this season, we're probably still a "best of the rest" choice and we're not gonna attract mercenaries like Newcastle will. 

London will always be a pull but if we sell Youri to a BIG club, that sways it in our favour. We can point to Chilly, Maguire, Mahrez and say "look where you can end up if you play well for us".

Said it before but players will always be looking at the next year or two. We can take advantage of that.

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbh we're still an attractive prospect:

- consistent European cups

- regular top half finishes

- recent experience of winning stuff

- pretty good profile

- Seagrave

- Bradgate Park

If we finish 8th this season, we're probably still a "best of the rest" choice and we're not gonna attract mercenaries like Newcastle will. 

London will always be a pull but if we sell Youri to a BIG club, that sways it in our favour. We can point to Chilly, Maguire, Mahrez and say "look where you can end up if you play well for us".

Said it before but players will always be looking at the next year or two. We can take advantage of that.

Fixed.

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The impending cost of paying Rodgers to go away will be weighing on the club's mind when they decide whether to spend in January.

Don't get you hopes up, he will still be here at the end of the season.

Puel had to win 1 in 10 and lose 5 in a row to get sacked and he had no credit in the bank.

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Would you sell iheanacho, to fund  Botman? 

that’s the question 

If a club like Norwich came in with 20m I’d be tempted. Just as we desperately need it right now

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Someone would pay north of £30m for him

He's our most saleable asset from the fringe players and got to be worth 40 m with his proven goal scoring ability in the premiership.

My guess is he'll go to Newcastle and it could be this window to generate funds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's our most saleable asset from the fringe players and got to be worth 40 m with his proven goal scoring ability in the premiership.

My guess is he'll go to Newcastle and it could be this window to generate funds.

Agreed, proven striker at prem level should mean £40m+… Ollie Watkins was £30m ffs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't get you hopes up, he will still be here at the end of the season.

Puel had to win 1 in 10 and lose 5 in a row to get sacked and he had no credit in the bank.

That's not the point.  If the board is thinking in terms of making a move at the end of the season, knowing how much that's going to cost them will impact their thinking about the January window.

Edited by Deeg67

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

You could be right. Which really means we should sell. No good keeping 40m on the bench. That money would go a long way if our finances are as tight as it appears. 

You’d easily be able to buy botman, a young up and coming striker for the bench (potentially the Swansea player we were linked with) and have some spare for  new contracts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We will sign someone this window, we tend to do so when struggling.

Huth

Ndidi

Tielemans

Can't even think what position though?!

I seriously doubt we will sign a defender with Fofana and JJ back relatively soon. We DON'T do right wingers so it won't be that. Can't see us signing a DM without Hamza and Mendy going. We have enough strikers......

I just can't see is signing anyone. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

That's not the point.  If the board is thinking in terms of making a move at the end of the season, knowing how much that's going to cost them will impact their thinking about the January window.

Why do you think they will move him on?

My point is they will not change the manager in the summer unless thing get a lot worse.

Edited by coolhandfox

27 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But all clubs realistically need 3 strikers and we currently have 3 good one's with one of them relatively soon to retire though sadly. If we sell Iheanacho for even 30 or 40m now, we're going to have to buy 2 more in about 12 months time, it doesn't make sound financial sense surely?

Add to that, that possibly in the summer we might even ditch Rodgers hopefully, the next manager might relish the opportunity to work with and get the best out of both Daka and Iheanacho, the prospect of that has to be a good thing. It's certainly not going to happen with Rodgers here and I can only see him leading us downhill quickly as he flounders and squirms in his own imaginary egotistical world.

Exactly Nacho and Daka would be a good partnership to have for the next few years 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But all clubs realistically need 3 strikers and we currently have 3 good one's with one of them relatively soon to retire though sadly. If we sell Iheanacho for even 30 or 40m now, we're going to have to buy 2 more in about 12 months time, it doesn't make sound financial sense surely?

Add to that, that possibly in the summer we might even ditch Rodgers hopefully, the next manager might relish the opportunity to work with and get the best out of both Daka and Iheanacho, the prospect of that has to be a good thing. It's certainly not going to happen with Rodgers here and I can only see him leading us downhill quickly as he flounders and squirms in his own imaginary egotistical world.

Your totally right Vardy can't go on forever, one year time will he still banging in the goals plus didn't he get injured v Liverpool and that's why he couldn't take a penalty. What happens in the future if Daka gets injured or can't play. Some here think short term and think about 40 odd million we would get for Nacho. EPL goal scoring strikers are so hard to get these days, several teams wanting strikers that are priced over 50m and some players at European teams unsure about coming to England. Kelechi only 25 and will come into his prime soon and several good years ahead of him, rather keep him that sell him and Brendan wastes another 40m on a player who will turn out crap and then Brendan won't play him either

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Just an opinion and guesswork, but i don’t think the owners and management of the club have the slightest thought about making a managerial move.  

I suspect the working relationship is so good, the convos are along the lines of; 

Why are we suffering a slump? Is it repairable? Can you repair it? How will we repair it and when?

I

• Like 1