Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

If we can some wages out, we’ll bring someone in on loan. I can only see defensive recruits being targeted at this point. 

At this point, it’s a calculated risk, however each position in the Premier League table is worth £1m. So the difference between finishing 14th, to 7th is £7m. If we can acquire someone to even get close to that, it’s worth a risk. 

3 hours ago, reynard said:

we won't sign anyone unless we sell big. We don't have the money and January is a very difficult window, potentially even more so than usual with covid in full flow. For eg would you sign an unvaccinated player?

I agree that we most likely won't be spending big but how do we know we don't have the money? We don't know enough about what's going on behind the scenes. 

... I'll be surprised if any unvaccinated players are signed. Some managers have already said they won't. They're not worth it. 

I understand the January market isn't easy to work in.

I know people make out we're skint.

Other clubs know we're desperate.

But surely we act in January?

The injury excuses, losing players to AFCON excuses simply don't wash if we're not prepared to act or atleast try and do something in January.

Even if it means loaning Ryan fucking Bennett - Of who we didn't play, similar to Benkovic situation we have, bizarre signing (Both), we pretend like we don't have options, we do albeit limited, but we choose not to use them.

Sink, Swim or Fall on your own sword, post January.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I understand the January market isn't easy to work in.

I know people make out we're skint.

Other clubs know we're desperate.

But surely we act in January?

The injury excuses, losing players to AFCON excuses simply don't wash if we're not prepared to act or atleast try and do something in January.

Even if it means loaning Ryan fucking Bennett - Of who we didn't play, similar to Benkovic situation we have, bizarre signing (Both), we pretend like we don't have options, we do albeit limited, but we choose not to use them.

Sink, Swim or Fall on your own sword, post January.

How can you possibly call them excuses? It blows my mind.  They are reasons!!

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

How can you possibly call them excuses? It blows my mind.  They are reasons!!

When we don't help ourselves with the injuries, there are excuses for the injuries, they are accountable.

Our injuries aren't simply bad luck.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Says who?

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would say Fofana, JJ, and Ricardo’s injuries are bad luck…

The fact we've allowed injured players to play on.

Allowing Ricardo play on with a serious ACL injury (Albeit last season) and a fractured bleeding fibula, Evans' plantar fasciitis has been terribly managed, as well as hanging Maddison out to dry when he was out of form due to his hip issue, allowing Vardy to continue for 30 minutes on Wednesday, just to name but 4, the injuries were already there but allowing them to continue sure as damn it isn't going to help the situation or preserve them is it, heaven knows what i've forgot and what we don't know about.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Allowing Ricardo play on with a serious ACL injury (Albeit last season) and a fractured bleeding fibula, Evans' plantar fasciitis has been terribly managed, as well as hanging Maddison out to dry when he was out of form due to his hip issue, allowing Vardy to continue for 30 minutes on Wednesday, just to name but 4, heaven knows what i've forgot and what we don't know about.

When did you do your degree in physiotherapy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Allowing Ricardo play on with a serious ACL injury (Albeit last season) and a fractured bleeding fibula, Evans' plantar fasciitis has been terribly managed, as well as hanging Maddison out to dry when he was out of form due to his hip issue, allowing Vardy to continue for 30 minutes on Wednesday, just to name but 4, the injuries were already there but allowing them to continue sure as damn it isn't going to help the situation or preserve them is it, heaven knows what i've forgot and what we don't know about.

Yes but the suffering of the ACL itself was bad luck in the first place.

And I am not sure how you think they could pick up a fracture from a check on the pitch? Pocket x-ray?

If they do their tests and believe at the time it is nothing serious (because they can’t identify a fracture like that on the pitch) and Ricardo says he wants to play on (which for all we know he could’ve) what are they supposed to do?

Also from what I have seen Plantar Fasciitis can be absolute nightmare to manage anyway, and at times can only be managed rather than “cured”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Allowing Ricardo play on with a serious ACL injury (Albeit last season) and a fractured bleeding fibula, Evans' plantar fasciitis has been terribly managed, as well as hanging Maddison out to dry when he was out of form due to his hip issue, allowing Vardy to continue for 30 minutes on Wednesday, just to name but 4, heaven knows what i've forgot and what we don't know about.

Sorry, this just sounds like a visual conclusion rather than a medical diagnosis! It has been far far from ideal, and perhaps we could have done better, but we cannot be certain.

Maybe you know more and would rather not say, but from what I see and read, not sure how we can come to these conclusions :dunno:

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, Matt said:

When we don't help ourselves with the injuries, there are excuses for the injuries, they are accountable.

Our injuries aren't simply bad luck.

No way they can just be bad luck. The training is incredibly intense and we run players into the ground.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unless we train even more intensely than all other teams, it certainly can.

Which I hear we do....

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ricardo's injuries were bad however long he stayed on, I remember JJ coming off and Rodgers said he was walking in the dressing room afterwards and it was the next day they found out it was so serious.

Hamstrings; thigh strains etc could be intense training, too many games. ACL's and hip injuries are just shit luck.