Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Top isn’t going to stand in the way of what his manager and recruitment team are telling him they want to sign

He also isn’t go to dismiss his technical scouting team who have served the club well in the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think our transfers largely break down in to two categories. Long term, major, project signings of young, high potential players for the development of the club and short term, reactive signings of "developed" players to cover immediate need. 

We're great at the former, we're awful at the latter. 

Given time to identify a target, study them and bring them in as a priority piece of business, we do really well signing young early 20 somethings with lots of promise. We've not had too many flops over the last three or four years. Tielemans, Ricardo, Justin, Daka, Soumaré, Fofana, Iheanacho (eventually), Soyuncu and Maddison were all cracking bits of business. 

But then we hit a point in the window where we've signed our key targets for the future and we've still got to try and cover gaps in the squad with bargains, loans, free transfers and general horse trading and we're absolutely bollocks. 

Bertrand, Vestergaard, Ward (tad harsh but 14 fvcking million!), Praet, Ghezzal, Lookman, Under, Perez, Silva, Slimani, the list of underwhelming stretches on and on. 

We had a stinkers, but haven't every club. 

Loans are a bit of a free hit. 

44 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He also isn’t go to dismiss his technical scouting team who have served the club well in the past.

Congerton is head of recruitment, I doubt the scouting team will have that much contact with Top or the influence to overturn Congerton, especially considering he was certainly a Rodgers recommendation

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Congerton is head of recruitment, I doubt the scouting team will have that much contact with Top or the influence to overturn Congerton, especially considering he was certainly a Rodgers recommendation

Yes but there is no way The `club has ripped up a model that was working, I mean Rudkin is still here as Director of Football, so he would be involved for sure

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I see Watford are keen on Big Dan according to one of those click bait sites. We’d be stupid to sell him this season with all the problems we’ve had at the back.

I think his contract is up in the summer so we would either have to  commit to a new one or use what we can get by way of a fee in January to replace him or he walks 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I see Watford are keen on Big Dan according to one of those click bait sites. We’d be stupid to sell him this season with all the problems we’ve had at the back.

As good as he has been this is a prime opportunity to get a decent fee, bring in a top quality player and put Cags/ Evans on the bench. What we’re doing isn’t working and I think it’s bigger than just waiting for Fofana and JJ.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KFS said:

As good as he has been this is a prime opportunity to get a decent fee, bring in a top quality player and put Cags/ Evans on the bench. What we’re doing isn’t working and I think it’s bigger than just waiting for Fofana and JJ.

We’re not getting a top quality player for the £5-6m we’re getting for Amartey

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes please

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

What position? What "role" would he have here? 

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi's replacement, or Soumare's if we think we've made a huge mistake and cut our losses.

Amartey and Mendy out, Zakaria  In?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Amartey and Mendy out, Zakaria  In?

He'd not come here to be 2nd or 3rd choice behind Ndidi and Soumare. With Wilf only having 2 years left on his deal come the summer and him pretty much telling the club he's ready for a new challenge, I think he'll be gone this summer but he'll need to sort his form out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

We’re not getting a top quality player for the £5-6m we’re getting for Amartey

Nope, but we weren’t getting 5-6m for Amartey a year ago is my point! Time to cash in and use the squad space to upgrade the squad. 

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, but they all worked with the  exception of possibly Inler.

That's my point you need to be sure older signings can make a difference.

You didn't need to be Einstein to know that Vestagaard had no pace and with all the analysis available we should have known Bertrand's legs have gone.  

Now we're stuck with them and we still have to find someone to do the job.

We need to keep finding the next Generation of talent that's out there, like this Greek kid that seems the business and we're trying to sign.

No one can be sure of that, and if you could I would suggest you go shop around your services as you would become a very wealthy man. Even with Huth (and arguably Evans and possibly Cambiasso), few knew he would make the sort of impact he did.

Edited by NaijaFox

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd not come here to be 2nd or 3rd choice behind Ndidi and Soumare. With Wilf only having 2 years left on his deal come the summer and him pretty much telling the club he's ready for a new challenge, I think he'll be gone this summer but he'll need to sort his form out.

Is this true? If so will deffo need a new CDM this summer. 

Kamara, Zakaria and Witsel are all shortly out of contract. Or haven’t we scouted Palhinha and Carvalho before… 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

we seem to like to bring replacements in a few months early to bed them in. He could come now and Ndidi leave in the summer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, especially if Amartey decides to leave.

I think we will look to shake it up.

It gone stale, we have probably gone as far as we can with this group, I think the club would rather stick with BR and move a few players on and rebuild and go again. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we will look to shake it up.

It gone stale, we have probably gone as far as we can with this group, I think the club would rather stick with BR and move a few players on and rebuild and go again. 

You maybe right but January isn't the time to do it unless we sell sell sell.

I do think there is a high chance Tielemans will leave in January. It is no secret we are actively looking for a midfielder to replace him.

January is a very difficult window and with our current form making look like any sort of European football next season will be highly unlikely we won't loom as enticing a prospect as some other clubs, even discounting the so-called big 6 who all seem to be getting there acts together one war or another.

• Like 1