Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

I think his contract is up in the summer so we would either have to  commit to a new one or use what we can get by way of a fee in January to replace him or he walks 

His contract is until 2023, and the article that talks about Watfords interest mentions there is talks about a new deal

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....imagine ndidi, Soumare and this player in a 4-3-1-2 formation!!!

We could out work every team, we just need a #10 capable of opening and supplying our forwards.

He looks exactly what Soumare was meant to be. Looks an absolute beast. Get him in!

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

He looks exactly what Soumare was meant to be. Looks an absolute beast. Get him in!

...yeah, strong on the ball, doesn't matter who he comes up against!!!

Very much what I think Rodgers believes he should be getting from Ndidi and Soumare. He has awareness, good in tight spaces, adept with the ball at his feet and prepared to put his foot in.

If he can bring that attitude and get up to speed with this league, we will have a player.

9 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Forget a winger , we could have the worlds best winger , but it won’t help if u don’t have a midfielder who can pass it to him , buy a ball playing midfielder who can hold the bloody ball and pass it to a team mate and see us climb the table 

That's what we have Youri for. I'm sure things will improve when he's back playing.

Guest Danny Clender
36 minutes ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Does anyone think we will invest in January? Usually hard to get decent deals over the line.

Hopefully get a decent winger in because Lookman isn’t doing it and he has had more than enough chances. 

I think we will on an experienced defender, but on loan. I guess that’s all dependent on how confident we are with Fofana rehabilitating back into first team action.  

13 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

No one can be sure of that, and if you could I would suggest you go shop around your services as you would become a very wealthy man. Even with Huth (and arguably Evans and possibly Cambiasso), few knew he would make the sort of impact he did.

Jock Stein won a European Cup with a bunch of has beans. Nothing is 100 % certain in life but if you are making informed decisions you can find older players still with pride, desire and ability.

That's what the names you mentioned. here's a few more. Evans, Dawson, Milner.

But you have to do your home work. Clearly we didn't in the case of Vestagaard and Bertrand.

Sadly I'm retired now but yes I've been there and done that.

17 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Forget a winger , we could have the worlds best winger , but it won’t help if u don’t have a midfielder who can pass it to him , buy a ball playing midfielder who can hold the bloody ball and pass it to a team mate and see us climb the table 

... with all the speculation surrounding Youri, you would say we will definitely need to have a ball playing midfielder who can create for us!!!

For what seems like the little it would cost we could bring in Jean Pyerre from Gremio.

His stats are very poor and after 24 games he has no assists or goals to his name and looking at his showreel, I cannot understand why. He tends to occasionally get a full game but otherwise used sparingly and for his quality, there has  to be underlying problems for him to be posting such underwhelming figures.

If we could pick him up (providing there are no issues with temperament) and also a genuine Youri replacement, we would have a bona-fide rotation option for our midfield, without the need to break the bank.

There must be more to his stats than the information that we see, and I believe he is worth looking into.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....imagine ndidi, Soumare and this player in a 4-3-1-2 formation!!!

We could out work every team, we just need a #10 capable of opening and supplying our forwards.

Think Zakaria is a brilliant player and hope it’s true we are going after him but… so many of those challenges would be given as fouls in the Premier League. Wouldn’t be long before our fans are bemoaning him for being overly physical and giving away too many free kicks (and we would probably concede from every one of them)

10 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Seriously? Denis Zakaria?

Some people here either bloody out of touch nor watching enough international football.

He is playing for a team who just lost their last league game 6-0.

He couldn't do jack shite for his team, what can he do for us?

No poster suggested him. It's a link from the media. 

I would not bother signing anyone. We have JJ and Wes to come back.  I would concentrate on trying to get Amanda Staverley's knickers around her ankles (not literally I should add) and boost next summer's transfer kitty.  There must be someone we can interest the Arabs with?

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Are we saying with Maddison and Tieleman's we don't have those type of players you suggest in the team? If so who would you suggest we could sign, for the right price, who would come to Leicester to replace the pair of them?

Look forward to your suggestions....

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would not bother signing anyone. We have JJ and Wes to come back.  I would concentrate on trying to get Amanda Staverley's knickers around her ankles (not literally I should add) and boost next summer's transfer kitty.  There must be someone we can interest the Arabs with?

Would be brilliant if we could pull there pants down with either vestergaard, hamza, Bertrand or Benkovic!!! Very much doubt it though probably all loans for them

If we sign anybody it's likely to be a loan or sub £10m fee. Ndidi and Kramaric are the only substantial transfers (financially) we've made in January since we came up. I'm not sure the club will be looking to release any funds when we might have a big payout looming.