Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

58 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would not bother signing anyone. We have JJ and Wes to come back.  I would concentrate on trying to get Amanda Staverley's knickers around her ankles (not literally I should add) and boost next summer's transfer kitty.  There must be someone we can interest the Arabs with?

The Senior Man will go only if they spunk up the cash next month. They can't afford not to. 50mil:scarf:

1 hour ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Think Zakaria is a brilliant player and hope it’s true we are going after him but… so many of those challenges would be given as fouls in the Premier League. Wouldn’t be long before our fans are bemoaning him for being overly physical and giving away too many free kicks (and we would probably concede from every one of them)

....seems pretty physical in his overall game and something we having been crying out for!!!

Cannot see a problem with the challenges, just see very robust and that is what we need.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

The Senior Man will go only if they spunk up the cash next month. They can't afford not to. 50mil:scarf:

As much as I do not want Kelechi to go, if Brendan does remain, which he will, then Kel needs to be sold as he has clearly got no place in Rodgers plans

£50 million would soften the blow somewhat I admit 

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As much as I do not want Kelechi to go, if Brendan does remain, which he will, then Kel needs to be sold as he has clearly got no place in Rodgers plans

£50 million would soften the blow somewhat I admit 

Its the perfect transfer for them as they need goals to stay up. Its not like they're skint and who else could they buy who would give them goals faster? I think 50 mil in the winter window is a conservative amount. We just need to be firm and willing to wait until summer.

Edited by SO1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Zakaria has fewer pressures and tackles p90 from midfield than both Soumare and Tielemans. Not what we need!

....I  still see that Soumare's game and what he is supposed to bring to the team is not, what people expect it to be!!!

Tackling and pressure are all basics in a team but his job would be to supplement Ndidi and Tielemans. He is not going to be excelling in games in the pressure and tackling department (he will do it, just do not expect high numbers), but when the ball has been turned over by Wilf or a block by a team-mate, he will be looking immediately to take us forward by himself or in tandem with Tielemans, or supplying the wide players bursting forward.

If Soumare comes good and picks up his play, he will be a great asset, but we will still be left with two in the middle, and unless we are exerting so much pressure upfront that it takes the pressure off our midfield and defence, we need to have better control and therefore need to have a midfield three.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Hate to see Kelechi go and bang in goals every week for them, with Vardy can't play every game we will need him and think this maybe Vardys last season with us. Kelechi was vital last season and we wouldn't have progressed in the FA cup without him. After all these years of nurturing Kelechi and finally he's shown how good he can be, it's going to hard finding a replacement when we're up against other clubs with big money to spend and then it may or may not be a success.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I totally get you, and I agree, but why on earth does he never get to play? He proved his worth last year, so what gives?

I totally don't get it, even when the team has been struggling at points this season he's still marginalised. I've said this before but I just don't think Rodgers fancies him and he's stubborn that way, he was the same with a couple of players at Celtic, Sviatchenko being the most obvious. We happily sold him and replaced him with 2 or 3 different duffers who weren't half the player he was.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I totally get you, and I agree, but why on earth does he never get to play? He proved his worth last year, so what gives?

Think Brendan will have to drop Vardy or Maddison if wants Kelechi to play and will only get his chance if Vardys form drops or gets injured. If Brendan wants Kelechi to play with Vardy, who does he drop... Maddison? Who been on top form the last couple of games. Also don't now how long Brendan will be here and when he goes a new manager may want to play a different system. Kelechi has just turned 25 and still got years infront to peak so the best years are still yet to come

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

8 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Does anyone think we will invest in January? Usually hard to get decent deals over the line.

Hopefully get a decent winger in because Lookman isn’t doing it and he has had more than enough chances. 

i think if we sell someone in January then we’ll buy too. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tielemens goes in Jan as he’s starting to run down his contract a bit and our  owners seem to loathe people leaving on a free..

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

This either just makes no sense or is some kind of abstract masterpiece. I don't care which. I'm giving it a 'cup' reaction.

lol

the first ‘love’ was an autocorrect and was supposed to be ‘move’

14 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I totally don't get it, even when the team has been struggling at points this season he's still marginalised. I've said this before but I just don't think Rodgers fancies him and he's stubborn that way, he was the same with a couple of players at Celtic, Sviatchenko being the most obvious. We happily sold him and replaced him with 2 or 3 different duffers who weren't half the player he was.

It's ridiculous. I don't think it's appreciated quite how good he was last season. That second half of the season he was borderline elite level.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't understand why that would be a bad thing, he's probably better than all of our current mess. 

Being not good enough for Man City hasn't suddenly made him shit. 

Plus, isn't he actually pretty good in both boxes from set pieces? 

I’d take him in our side in a heartbeat

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Be honest, where would you play him atm? 

He's simply not better than Vardy at 9 and with Maddison recovering some good form, he's nowhere near that standard at 10.

He's 100% definitely not a wide player, having not the pace, agility, ball control or positional experience to get by out there at our level. 

So your choices are to change the whole formation for him or drop him. So he gets dropped and I find it hard to argue with that. He's suffering even now from the same problem he always has here, ultimately we're a one striker team and our 9 is one of the best in the world. 

I get it, but we could at least rotate him in/out. As it stands he is tantamount to frozen out, which is a poor return for his efforts last year, so it certainly feels like he could well be moved on.

The point of a wholesale formation change is scary, but not an unwarranted one based on contemporary performances - 4-2-2-2 could be entertained but we would need to do better at dealing with crosses/wide attacks, not something we are  reknowned for..

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get it, but we could at least rotate him in/out. As it stands he is tantamount to frozen out, which is a poor return for his efforts last year, so it certainly feels like he could well be moved on.

The point of a wholesale formation change is scary, but not an unwarranted one based on contemporary performances - 4-2-2-2 could be entertained but we would need to do better at dealing with crosses/wide attacks, not something we are  reknowned for..

Rotation works in computer games that don't really adequately map out human psychology, almost all strikers in the real world need consistent selection to run up good form and we've especially seen that to be true of Iheanacho. Periodically dropping Vardy just to give Nacho a run out not only weakens the team for the sakes of sentiment or "fairness" but it doesn't really help either of them individually. 

Moreover, if we're honest, Daka is probably a better fit tactically to interchange with Vards and has already shown glimpses that he might actually be even more lethal than Nacho. 

As for formation changes, absofvckinglutely not. We've already done too much. Rodgers needs to pick one and commit to it or our defensive frailty is never going to improve. The team needs time to settle on a system that's robust defensively and have time to commit to learning it down to the kind of regularity Fuchs, Huth, Morgan and Simpson had in a solid back four. 

And given the personnel at the club, that system pretty much needs to be 433.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rotation works in computer games that don't really adequately map out human psychology, almost all strikers in the real world need consistent selection to run up good form and we've especially seen that to be true of Iheanacho. Periodically dropping Vardy just to give Nacho a run out not only weakens the team for the sakes of sentiment or "fairness" but it doesn't really help either of them individually. 

Moreover, if we're honest, Daka is probably a better fit tactically to interchange with Vards and has already shown glimpses that he might actually be even more lethal than Nacho. 

As for formation changes, absofvckinglutely not. We've already done too much. Rodgers needs to pick one and commit to it or our defensive frailty is never going to improve. The team needs time to settle on a system that's robust defensively and have time to commit to learning it down to the kind of regularity Fuchs, Huth, Morgan and Simpson had in a solid back four. 

And given the personnel at the club, that system pretty much needs to be 433.

Then sell him, or Brendan puts his big boy pants on and chooses and sticks with a formation that can utilise Kel + Vardy/Daka. Either way, it is pointless having him here currently, as he just continues to deprecate as an asset.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, but how with so much ineptitude on show in areas beneath the attack is continually concerning and it is difficult to conceive of a system that mitigates individual errors.

Daka is as close to a Vardy replacement as we are going to get so 4-3-3 makes sense (And he does seem to get opportunities) but Vardy is still the elephant in the room and will continue to be so, for so many reasons. (He will retire/become bit part at some point in the next X years...how many?!)