Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Transfer Rumours

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Interested in a youth striker from Fulham, 19 year old Jay Stansfield, close to the Fulham first team squad until he picked up an injury

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/12/10/transfer-notebook-brighton-hold-talks-poland-midfielder-kacper/

He's exactly the right player for us then. I wouldn't want to sign anyone free from injury. If Daka can barely get a look in then this guy would have to wait several years before a first team place became available.

We won't sign anyone in January unless we're forced to by the sale of one of our star players and the only one I can see leaving in January is Tielemans and I do think this is quite likely. Maybe a loan deal for a player is what we could run to otherwise?

Leicester City are unlikely to have funds to strengthen their squad next month, says Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers. (Leicester Mercury)

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Fofana appears to be the only one of our players who is transfer fashionable at the moment. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

the type of money we’d want for Fofana, they’ll want to see that he’s fully fit and recovered from his injury before putting a bid in so I’d imagine he’s go at the end of the season.

Tielemans on the other hand….

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

the type of money we’d want for Fofana, they’ll want to see that he’s fully fit and recovered from his injury before putting a bid in so I’d imagine he’s go at the end of the season.

Tielemans on the other hand….

I definitely think Youri will go , it will be best for him and us. However unless we have a very poor season I would be amazed if Fofana went after such a short time. He has all his career in front of him and another few years with us will not damage his prospects.

• Like 1

So we've no money to buy anyone, then we're likely going to wheel and deal.

Who goes then, Youri likely, Amartey for a profit. Hopefully the Southampton pair. Lookman as he's on a loan. The surprise and most likely I think is Kelechi to Newcastle for a good profit.

Despite saving our season after Vardy's long absence he still hasn't managed to nail down a starting spot in the team. Though I'm not sure why. He changes our options up front when he plays and makes us less predictable.

I'd like to see Chris Richards from Bayern Munich age 20 to come in and partner Fofana for the future. With Evans there to guide them both. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Who goes then, Youri likely, Amartey for a profit. Hopefully the Southampton pair. Lookman as he's on a loan. The surprise and most likely I think is Kelechi to Newcastle for a good profit.

Despite saving our season after Vardy's long absence he still hasn't managed to nail down a starting spot in the team. Though I'm not sure why. He changes our options up front when he plays and makes us less predictable.

I'd like to see Chris Richards from Bayern Munich age 20 to come in and partner Fofana for the future. With Evans there to guide them both. 

There isn't any point telling people we have cash.

Hardly helps with negotiations.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just get Amoo in for £4m..!!!

Nothing to lose, get him in the Right Wing position, he will be a much better option than Lookman. Pick up Berardi in the summer and we have options. 

Players like Berardi aren't going to give us any consideration unless our season transforms itself somehow. We need to face facts that as we stand now we're going to be shopping very much in the lower mid market in the immediate future.

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The Guardian reporting we’re in for Pontus Jansson in January alongside (shock) Everton and Newcastle.

We should have learned our lesson by now - signings from other PL clubs are almost always idiotic. We spent £45m on Perez and Vestergaard for known quantities and they’ve been dreadful signings for the money 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We should have learned our lesson by now - signings from other PL clubs are almost always idiotic. We spent £45m on Perez and Vestergaard for known quantities and they’ve been dreadful signings for the money 

There might be some value in players who's contracts are winding down (Tarkowski is one iirc, and I think he'd be decent money) but I agree re: Jansson. He doesn't improve us and we'd be in danger of having a bloated (and aging) number of defenders once everyone's fit. We can't just keep buying centre halves to compensate for a dire injury record. 

33 minutes ago, Langston said:

There might be some value in players who's contracts are winding down (Tarkowski is one iirc, and I think he'd be decent money) but I agree re: Jansson. He doesn't improve us and we'd be in danger of having a bloated (and aging) number of defenders once everyone's fit. We can't just keep buying centre halves to compensate for a dire injury record. 

Definitely agree. Evans and Huth were, what £6m in total? But buying a regular starter from another Orem side for a significant feeis idiotic.

There’s dozens of Jansson equivalents in Europe that’d cost less. Incredibly unimaginative.

We need to be mindful of the age profile of players we’re buying too. Evans is approaching a cliff edge & Vestergaard is approaching 30 and is probably susceptible to a steep decline.

Which of our centre backs will be here in 3 years time? Soyuncu’s contract is running down (I wouldn’t be gutted if he left). Fofana you’d expect he’ll be gone by 2024. Amartey isn’t a long term solution.

Jansson is almost 31, probably just a silly rumour but we need to be mindful of the age profile of the squad.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Richards signed for Hoffenheim before the end of the summer window.