Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Shit show in Naples

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Big claim but defensively speaking this is the worst Leicester side in my life time. I’ve seen us in league 1 and the championship and all of those sides defended better than this. I remember getting spanked 6-0 away at Portsmouth under Paulo Sousa and I still felt more confidence in us defensively than I do this team. We aren’t aggressive. We don’t press. We don’t track runners. We don’t defend set pieces. We don’t defend at all. We’re a ****ing disgrace and I’m spitting feather once a ****ing gain. I’m not pumping anymore money in to this shit show of a football team either. 

Leicester City's Defensive issues:

"Please give £2 a month so that we can hire a dedicated set piece coach...

Come on mate cheer up its Christmas...

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where to bastard start with that tonight? Why on earth would you play Ryan Bertrand? I'm speechless.

Napoli couldn't have fancied this game any less if they tried, their fans couldn't be arsed, they were half arsed as we've proven to be at times with so many injuries and yet we still didn't have the inclination to take advantage.

I cannot emphasise enough just how unforgivable that was tonight. We've lost by bigger margins and created less but we were so woefully bad at showing the bit of composure, belief and quality to take this game by the scruff of the neck that we might as well have lost 5 nil.

What a peculiar decision to try and purposefully play without much width as well. Literally the only times we cut Napoli apart in open play were from thr flanks and yet he set us up with pound for pound one of the most laboured full backs in the top 2 divisions and kept him on for 90 minutes and then subbed Barnes and further reduced our numbers out wide. The only decent chances we created in open play tonight were from KDH for Castagne in the 1st half and then Maddison through a hospital pass from their man after they'd gone 3-2 up. Every other half decent chance was a set piece, disgusting to then continue that workmanlike football and not get Albrighton and Thomas on.

He's got to go, the malaise and regression right now is too much to recover from, I've seen it time and time again. He's a good manager but he's now in a situation many a manager both better and worse have faced before where the inevitable happens. No hard feelings Brendan, but let's go our seperate ways before it turns really nasty.

One final thing, I hate to mention it and this isn't a stab in the back to our greatest ever player but when was the last time Jamie Vardy delivered in a big game match for us in the last few years? Those 2 penalties aside vs Spurs where we ultimately lost, he's done absolutely fcuk all when we've needed a talisman and that stings. He's only human but it's still a blot on his copy book under Rodgers.

This is now a full on crisis during a brutal month and I hope Top, Rudlin and Whelan have got the bollocks to do what's right for us. That was a disgrace tonight as it has been for months now. 

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s become very clear Brendan can’t turn this around, and we’re regressing to a horrible state. 

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
34 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

To make me feel better I did a fifa Napoli v Leicester and even with my terrible and basic fifa skills I won 2-1!! 

Get yourself down to the KP in the morning for a job interview with Top

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t get the picture out of my head of Bertrand stood staring down the line allowing a player to stand onside. If I was Brendan I would have dragged the **** off the pitch myself. 

Yeah infuriated me it wasn't even close just pure lazyness and his body language acting like he was surprised even had the cheek to call for offside. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Splitter. We've got the Conference to be humiliated on screen yet. 

Are you a member of the Judean People's Front?

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t get the picture out of my head of Bertrand stood staring down the line allowing a player to stand onside. If I was Brendan I would have dragged the **** off the pitch myself. 

He's turned us into Southampton. All we need now is to be humiliated 9-0 at home.

32 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Not sure I agree with that. Yes we did create chances but we gave the ball away so often it was unreal. The first goal was the direct result of a dreadful,ball from Soyuncu. Plus we are not ruthless - Barnes and Castagne dribble the ball virtually to the six yard box but there’s no one to provide the finishing touch - or if there is they fluff it. 

We score goals. There's no getting around that. In the same way our defensive problems can't be shrugged off as individual errors because there's a clear pattern people have to acknowledge the same logic applies to us scoring. It's certainly not perfect and switching attackers all the time can't help. But we do score. 

The poster you responded to is right in that without the ball we're very passive. There was a moment where Castagne (I think) was running to close the opposition down to press and as he ran he constantly kept looking over his shoulder to make sure the rest of the team were backing him up. He must have done it five times. I found that interesting and maybe indicates where the trust (or lack of) a lot of players either have in the system or in each other. 

Guest StevieLynex
44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where to bastard start with that tonight? Why on earth would you play Ryan Bertrand? I'm speechless.

Napoli couldn't have fancied this game any less if they tried, their fans couldn't be arsed, they were half arsed as we've proven to be at times with so many injuries and yet we still didn't have the inclination to take advantage.

I cannot emphasise enough just how unforgivable that was tonight. We've lost by bigger margins and created less but we were so woefully bad at showing the bit of composure, belief and quality to take this game by the scruff of the neck that we might as well have lost 5 nil.

What a peculiar decision to try and purposefully play without much width as well. Literally the only times we cut Napoli apart in open play were from thr flanks and yet he set us up with pound for pound one of the most laboured full backs in the top 2 divisions and kept him on for 90 minutes and then subbed Barnes and further reduced our numbers out wide. The only decent chances we created in open play tonight were from KDH for Castagne in the 1st half and then Maddison through a hospital pass from their man after they'd gone 3-2 up. Every other half decent chance was a set piece, disgusting to then continue that workmanlike football and not get Albrighton and Thomas on.

He's got to go, the malaise and regression right now is too much to recover from, I've seen it time and time again. He's a good manager but he's now in a situation many a manager both better and worse have faced before where the inevitable happens. No hard feelings Brendan, but let's go our seperate ways before it turns really nasty.

One final thing, I hate to mention it and this isn't a stab in the back to our greatest ever player but when was the last time Jamie Vardy delivered in a big game match for us in the last few years? Those 2 penalties aside vs Spurs where we ultimately lost, he's done absolutely fcuk all when we've needed a talisman and that stings. He's only human but it's still a blot on his copy book under Rodgers.

This is now a full on crisis during a brutal month and I hope Top, Rudlin and Whelan have got the bollocks to do what's right for us. That was a disgrace tonight as it has been for months now. 

Vardy is the second top scorer in the Premier League. Brendan is wasting his talents

57 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yet he played the entire match. I was shouting at the TV the take the c**t off as soon as the second half started. Absolute joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

and he put his arm up to claim for offside after the ball went in !