Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Shit show in Naples

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watched the highlights again. 

Ryan Bertrand should never play for us ever EVER again. Whoever targeted him and Vestegaard this summer needs to find a new role at the club. 

Garbage i agree , never seen anyone just playing for the pay packet so much 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watched the highlights again. 

Ryan Bertrand should never play for us ever EVER again. Whoever targeted him and Vestegaard this summer needs to find a new role at the club. 

Do you like to torture yourself? :nono:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Do you like to torture yourself? :nono:

I know, I just wanted to see the goals again. Bertrand was out of position on all three. His closing down for the third was pathetic. There was then a fourth chance for Napoli near the end where he actually left the guy in loads of space and goal wide open. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know, I just wanted to see the goals again. Bertrand was out of position on all three. His closing down for the third was pathetic. There was then a fourth chance for Napoli near the end where he actually left the guy in loads of space and goal wide open. 

I think a lot of people realised how bad he was live during the game. I'd rather watch a replay of that dog having a poo in one of the games today. Fair play to you though that's dedication! 

Edited by hejammy

Utter toss. Another totally laughable defensive display and although it's sickening what happened in Poland we only have ourselves to blame - losing at Legia and drawing at home to Spartak are why this happened.

No faith at all in Rodgers. He's completely lost it here. I don't see an obvious alternative but I don't think he's getting it back here. These are coaching faults. This side is better than this.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So, what happened with the lads on the shuttle bus? 

Did they actually make any of the game? 

Pick up point was Smart Hotel

Google from there to the stadium

From Smart Hotel we set off way North East, to the point where, after 90mins of travel we were just about level with the airport 

When we got North of the stadium on the main road heading west, we went a good way beyond it, then south then back West to take us to the away end

Took us 3 hours from getting off/on the bus. After drinking all day, it wasn’t great 

Had plenty of time to Google Map the route home after the game, and it’s a 20min drive the most direct way. Even on the way home they sent us the way we came, albeit with no traffic 

The Italians did absolutely anything and everything they possibly could to make it the most inconvenient evening travel wise. 

Nevermind, it’s them that have to live here and who I pity, I’m off home tomorrow out this absolute dive 🙃

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Pick up point was Smart Hotel

Google from there to the stadium

From Smart Hotel we set off way North East, to the point where, after 90mins of travel we were just about level with the airport 

When we got North of the stadium on the main road heading west, we went a good way beyond it, then south then back West to take us to the away end

Took us 3 hours from getting off/on the bus. After drinking all day, it wasn’t great 

Had plenty of time to Google Map the route home after the game, and it’s a 20min drive the most direct way. Even on the way home they sent us the way we came, albeit with no traffic 

The Italians did absolutely anything and everything they possibly could to make it the most inconvenient evening travel wise. 

Nevermind, it’s them that have to live here and who I pity, I’m off home tomorrow out this absolute dive 🙃

how many went out roughly?

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Whilst absolutely not sticking up for his performances whatsoever, I just can't fathom Bertrand out?

Pre-season and early doors I really thought we'd made a very astute signing. Certainly his fitness didn't seem an issue and he added a bit of needed experience I thought. 

It seems to have gone drastically wrong post covid. Could this be part of the reason, is he just not match fit enough post illness? Surely with the way fitness levels are supposedly measured today our back room team should know?

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Can't deny picking Bertrand was a bad call, downright ridiculous for their second and the bloke is just all-round bad vibes. Clearly Thomas would have been risky too but he would at least have gotten forward more.

I think one of the issues was that he wanted to play alongside Vardy.

You look after your day job first before going on walkabouts.

Harvey offers no protection and Bertrand was often in front of him.

Doesn’t help Barnes to be double up with him.

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst absolutely not sticking up for his performances whatsoever, I just can't fathom Bertrand out?

Pre-season and early doors I really thought we'd made a very astute signing. Certainly his fitness didn't seem an issue and he added a bit of needed experience I thought. 

It seems to have gone drastically wrong post covid. Could this be part of the reason, is he just not match fit enough post illness? Surely with the way fitness levels are supposedly measured today our back room team should know?

Pre season he didn’t look bad and delivered some good balls but that wasn’t the real world.

Don’t think fitness was the issue now.

His positioning was poor, our defence is not good enough currently for him to play as a second winger and his ability is championship at best.

We have been dining out on most of Puels signings (Fofana was also a Puel player)

Brendan has signed some rubbish - Bennet!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Pre season he didn’t look bad and delivered some good balls but that wasn’t the real world.

Don’t think fitness was the issue now.

His positioning was poor, our defence is not good enough currently for him to play as a second winger and his ability is championship at best.

We have been dining out on most of Puels signings (Fofana was also a Puel player)

Brendan has signed some rubbish - Bennet!

Absolutely agree. 

Well at least we fought back a bit, but can’t keep conceding goals at this rate and expect to get anywhere. Not sure why he played Tielemans when he’s had so little match time recently, and it showed.

Not really sure that the Conference League is very beneficial. We’re nowhere near consistent enough to win it, and I’d rather we concentrated on the PL and just make sure we’re still in it next season. This season is a bust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Dear god! That was atrocious! Fed up of zonal marking, fed up tapping it around at the back when losing and fed up of slow lethargic football. Puel lost his job for it, Claudio did too. Sorry Brendon, I've backed you until now, not had bad word said about you, but we're sticking to the exact things that are undoing us week in and week out. It takes a lot for me to call it!:dunno:

Mind you don’t get crushed in the rush to get out of the bus :whistle:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mad biker said:

What an absolute ray of sunshine you are buddy :-(

Hard to be positive after witnessing the same shit for pretty much a while calendar year now. One or two exceptions aside we have been woeful and inept for a long time now, and he shows no signs of being able to turn the tide. Even our wins this season have been either a bit flukey ( Wolves, Brentford) or with 2 goals conceded (United and Watford) I don't see another top tier side who look like conceding a goal from nearly every opposition attack. We could have let in 5 or 6 last night and still let in 3 to a team with all their best players injured, with a fat bloke upfront, it's a stale pathetic joke and I feel miserable about going to games and watching us just like when puel was here.

• Like 1

I'm a pessimist.  But simply bringing JJ (who was our best player prior to his injury) and LilWes (who was our best player prior to his injury) back, will correct so many misgivings.  Ndidi will be Wilf again.  Bertrand will be a Littlewoods player.  Vestergaard won't see the pitch again.  LilLuke will rotate.  Ricky and Timmy will rotate.  

The return of the Macks won't fix Brenny's sub pattern problems and won't fix the Mahrez-sized hole on the right wing, but it will be ointment to the on-field issues we're suffering.

22 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

I'm a pessimist.  But simply bringing JJ (who was our best player prior to his injury) and LilWes (who was our best player prior to his injury) back, will correct so many misgivings.  Ndidi will be Wilf again.  Bertrand will be a Littlewoods player.  Vestergaard won't see the pitch again.  LilLuke will rotate.  Ricky and Timmy will rotate.  

The return of the Macks won't fix Brenny's sub pattern problems and won't fix the Mahrez-sized hole on the right wing, but it will be ointment to the on-field issues we're suffering.

Can't correct basic fear and incompetence from the manager though 

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the club actually lost money playing in this tournament. 

Probably not on the same scale as our summer recruitment and the consequences of the manager being unable to coach us out of this.

• Like 2