Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Shit show in Naples

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the club actually lost money playing in this tournament. 

Each club get around £3 million alone in the group stages.

An additional £500k a win and £150k for each draw. So that’s an additional £1.3 million in the prize money. 

That’s before the TV deal money as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

You might be right, but peering at the horizon - I don't see an available manager who could get better out of the state of this squad, including injuries.

Hard to say but it feels impossible yo heal now 

2 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

You might be right, but peering at the horizon - I don't see an available manager who could get better out of the state of this squad, including injuries.

It might be the case that we don't need a better manager, just a different one. It's gone stale, the players have lost belief in the coaching and, as said by KDH, are defensively panic stricken. They need new ideas and a fresh approach. The 3-year manager cycle has run its course. 

That said, I don't think we can expect a change anytime soon given the cost. Its going to get very choppy over the next few weeks/months. Worrying times. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Over coached, the creative and emotional freedom is long gone. I almost guarantee they'd spring to life with the emancipation of this nonsense.

If that is the case, he should be gone now, but does that account for bad decisions we are seeing, such as those from Cags? From Castagne? Although it is impossible not too notice the whole “play by numbers” style, every move is copy book and predictable seemingly.

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

An additional £500k a win and £150k for each draw. So that’s an additional £1.3 million in the prize money. 

So take away the logistical cost of competing and its probably peanuts. Not even enough to pay off Brendan's contract. 

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just watched the highlights again. 

Ryan Bertrand should never play for us ever EVER again. Whoever targeted him and Vestegaard this summer needs to find a new role at the club. 

Or a new role at a new club.

1 hour ago, 18to18 said:

A competent manager would get a tune out of them, we have some good players who are hamstrung with a “system” that’s not really a system. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Peanuts when you consider we paid 15 million for the dopey Dane from Southampton.

3 hours ago, 18to18 said:

I'm a pessimist.  But simply bringing JJ (who was our best player prior to his injury) and LilWes (who was our best player prior to his injury) back, will correct so many misgivings.  Ndidi will be Wilf again.  Bertrand will be a Littlewoods player.  Vestergaard won't see the pitch again.  LilLuke will rotate.  Ricky and Timmy will rotate.  

The return of the Macks won't fix Brenny's sub pattern problems and won't fix the Mahrez-sized hole on the right wing, but it will be ointment to the on-field issues we're suffering.

Have you seen how our players return from injury. 

On the evidence so far I have no confidence either will be anywhere near until next season. 

Oh and history suggests that we are going to pick up more injuries, so don't get too hopeful. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 18to18 said:

I'm a pessimist.  But simply bringing JJ (who was our best player prior to his injury) and LilWes (who was our best player prior to his injury) back, will correct so many misgivings.  Ndidi will be Wilf again.  Bertrand will be a Littlewoods player.  Vestergaard won't see the pitch again.  LilLuke will rotate.  Ricky and Timmy will rotate.  

The return of the Macks won't fix Brenny's sub pattern problems and won't fix the Mahrez-sized hole on the right wing, but it will be ointment to the on-field issues we're suffering.

Sadly I think you're an eternal optimist. JJ has been out for so long now we can perhaps discount him for a second. However, if you really think that the return of a 22yr old defender in the shape of Fofana is going to make everything alright I think you're sadly deluded. The problem is far far deeper than that.

To pin our hopes on the return of two very young lads, both of whom are still learning the game and both of whom will take time to get back up to speed (if they actually can), is both unrealistic and very unfair on them. 

The book stops with Rodgers full stop and the team he employs who no doubt follow his instructions.

For some the debacle after Christmas last year was because we lost Barnes and were unable, because of one young player, to play a particular formation, really? A team full of internationals and we relied on one player.

Well he's back now and the excusers now point to the absence a 20yr old defender as being the cause of the problems. Is our squad really that thin and poor?

A little realism is called for surely! 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Peanuts when you consider we paid 15 million for the dopey Dane from Southampton.

But still a tidy sum, we wouldn’t otherwise get. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

So take away the logistical cost of competing and its probably peanuts. Not even enough to pay off Brendan's contract. 

a lot of those logistical costs are covered by UEFA as well. The TV money will be around £3 m as well. 

• Like 1

The best squad this club has ever had on paper, yet they play like the worst at times at the moment. Poorly coached in terms of set pieces, build up play and pressing and it’s just stale and out of ideas. I love what Brendan has done and achieved here but he’s hit a wall. 

That group was absolute garbage. Spartak have won it somehow who were awful. Legia barely looked championship standard at the King Power yet we lost at their place and we’ve just lost to a Napoli side who were missing 5 key players and were offering it to us on a plate at half time. Embarrassing from us. 

I don’t see what gives. They won’t sack him unless it reaches catastrophic levels because of how much compo it would cost. Gonna be a pretty dead watch for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah. Gave ourselves too much to do as usual.

Mate three seasons running this team was defending a desirable spot and bottled it. 

For a guy who always talks about ‘mentalertyy’ we have ****ing none of it. 

• Like 1