Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Shit show in Naples

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Mate three seasons running this team was defending a desirable spot and bottled it. 

For a guy who always talks about ‘mentalertyy’ we have ****ing none of it. 

Exactly this. 

FA Cup aside last season every other big game with tangible outcomes has been bottled. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Exactly this. 

FA Cup aside last season every other big game with tangible outcomes has been bottled. 

Last minute VAR call from bottling that too. Sorry to sour it because it’s a day I will remember forever. The guy is a bottler.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Our players have obviously never watched the Full Monty before 

No idea what Bertrand is doing there (WTF is he actually looking at to make him think he's holding the line), however the rest of the defensive shape is shambolic. Absolutely no unity in that back line whatsoever. It really is what you'd expect to see at primary school level. Even if you put Bertrand in line with his man, Castagne looks to be playing Petagna onside anyway, Soyuncu has come rushing out (presumably to play Petagna off) to press a player who KDH is blocking the passing lane to, and Evans has charged out like a man possessed which would be reckless for any defender let alone one who is possibly the slowest in our back line. To then collectively get outpaced by the Italian GTF raises some serious questions. Our defence is beyond broken. 

38 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

No idea what Bertrand is doing there (WTF is he actually looking at to make him think he's holding the line), however the rest of the defensive shape is shambolic. Absolutely no unity in that back line whatsoever. It really is what you'd expect to see at primary school level. Even if you put Bertrand in line with his man, Castagne looks to be playing Petagna onside anyway, Soyuncu has come rushing out (presumably to play Petagna off) to press a player who KDH is blocking the passing lane to, and Evans has charged out like a man possessed which would be reckless for any defender let alone one who is possibly the slowest in our back line. To then collectively get outpaced by the Italian GTF raises some serious questions. Our defence is beyond broken. 

Exactly it goes far beyond just Bertrand's poor positioning. Very concerning considering that's 3/4 of our best possible back four. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

I was in SK2 vs Arsenal last month where after 25 mins Bertrand nearly got physically removed from the pitch by the fans – he doesn't come back from this.

Bertrand was not in the starting line up or even the match day squad for that game tbf. I remember Thomas starting at LWB in that match and being awful in the first half but improving in the second when we reverted to a back 4.

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Last minute VAR call from bottling that too. Sorry to sour it because it’s a day I will remember forever. The guy is a bottler.

just imagine being a chelsea fan with that var call. there were no way we were winning that if that goal was allowed imo. took 2 class saves from kasper too.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.02a38d5f410e48d0aa7981f6b2baec45.jpeg

seriously, how is this player completely unmarked in that position ??  It’s so simple to work our back 5/6 to create overloads and free players …..

At first glance, it looks as though Soyuncu is covering KDH's man, with KDH being drawn to face up the ball carrying player with Wilf trying to get back, leaving Soyuncu's actual man free. I might well be wrong though (I probably am) given it looks a counter attack and they look to be scrambling back.

What is not up for debate is that Bertrand has dropped a massive bollock here. What is he doing? Looking at the picture, he's either ball watching, or watching Soyuncu and the Napoli player. Either way, he has switched off at quite possibly the worst time. Absolute dog muck.

Edited by Incognito

I know the goal with Bertrand playing them onside will quite rightly get scrutiny but that's not forget the absolute shocking defending for their third. No one putting any effort into block the cross what so ever and then the bloke has an unbelievable amount of time in the box to control the ball and pick his spot. 

Rotten to the core. 

Edited by Collymore

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.02a38d5f410e48d0aa7981f6b2baec45.jpeg

seriously, how is this player completely unmarked in that position ??  It’s so simple to work our back 5/6 to create overloads and free players …..

That looks like Ndidi far too high up the field, badly out of position and failing to get back. Back line completely exposed. Can that be true?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

I was in SK2 vs Arsenal last month where after 25 mins Bertrand nearly got physically removed from the pitch by the fans – he doesn't come back from this.

He didn't play in that game?