Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Shit show in Naples

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Thought he may have gone for Ward and Amartey tonight. The latter really hasn't done much wrong but Soy has generally been really poor. He played the same defence bar Bertrand for Thomas (big mistake) and got the same result. I thought he was going to change something....

Amartey’s got covid. Our back centre back today was a 18 year old 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Someone at the club is currently writing this press release:

"LEICESTER FANS CAN CELEBRATE QUALIFYING FOR THE INAUGURAL CONFERENCE LEAGUE WITH AN EXCLUSIVE NEW RANGE OF CONFERENCE LEAGUE TRAINING WEAR, AVAILABLE NOW!"

22 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Yes you're right, but the bottom line was we were top of the group at kick off against a severely depleted Napoli side and we couldn't even draw the game. Lack of fight and bottle is creeping into this side more and more. 

Absolutely. 4/6 of our games have been against Legia or Spartak and we've won 2/6. 

Ultimately our defence let us down tonight and we were almost bailed out by a penalty. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Something majorly not right in the dressing room ! You can’t go from being very good players to Shithouse over night, there are too many good players here playing poorly with no conviction, motivation gone out of the window.

It's been a steady decline for most of this year. Remember the horror shows at home to Newcastle and Spurs last season. This season has followed on but only got worse. 

19 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

He just did his interview. He said we played really well for three quarters of a season two seasons ago. But still in that time we lost a semi final 2 legged game v bottom 3 villa and managed to go from 2nd most of the season to finish 5th. Then with no fans I masterminded another decent half a season or so where most top sides were useless. We lost 103 home games and Liverpool had 47 injuries but their goalie scored as many as Perez did so we lost out on 4th again. We scored a screamer and hung on in a final with barely any fans and I was like a hero. Don't forget I also beat a 4th string man city with a bit of a dodgy penalty in a glorified friendly aswell, so we were in heaven. I don't see what all the fuss is about. 

What an absolute ray of sunshine you are buddy :-(

26 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

The whole team were absolutely awful without the ball today. Easy to say we missed chances, but in reality we scored 2 away from home and created good chances, so the issue isn’t attacking, but when we don’t have the ball, we are awful, was shocking form 1-11 today.

Not sure I agree with that. Yes we did create chances but we gave the ball away so often it was unreal. The first goal was the direct result of a dreadful,ball from Soyuncu. Plus we are not ruthless - Barnes and Castagne dribble the ball virtually to the six yard box but there’s no one to provide the finishing touch - or if there is they fluff it. 

It really is going from bad to worse. I sense the players can’t be arsed with the manager and his tactics any more, I really do. How can a team of talented footballers play with such a lack of fight, quality or, above all, care? And against opposition who were lacking all their best players and almost resigned to going out?

The comedy defending. The easy missed chances. The unforced errors. The misplaced passes. The complete lack of cohesion. What the f*** has happened to this team?

I obviously wish Legia had scored that penalty to keep us in the Europa League, but we wouldn’t have deserved it. We are a shambles. An embarrassment. And I can’t see Rodgers fixing it. He has been a good manager for us, but he has lost the plot and all of his credit is fast running out.

He turns it around in December with a couple of big wins or he is surely dead meat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Not sure I agree with that. Yes we did create chances but we gave the ball away so often it was unreal. The first goal was the direct result of a dreadful,ball from Soyuncu. Plus we are not ruthless - Barnes and Castagne dribble the ball virtually to the six yard box but there’s no one to provide the finishing touch - or if there is they fluff it. 

I get that, but the whole game we didn’t track runners, didn’t put pressure on the ball and didn’t make tackles, the midfield was awful off the ball and that’s being polite. Vardy maddison and Barnes never tracked back or fought to win the ball. Instead of just looking at the goals, look at the whole game and they were always in acres of space and unchallenged. Shocking off the ball from 1 to 11. No desire, no passion no effort. Ndidi gave the ball away more than winning it back, Tilemans touch was off and didn’t win the ball back once, dewsbury hall never tracked a player. Was shocking all round 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The weird thing is we actually did ok tonight. Defending was a disgrace but it’s nothing compared to Warsaw away which has ultimately cost us.

Two penalty misses as well.

There was a point where I lost hope but then we got two goals back. With Thomas instead of Bertrand I think we could have nicked a draw. But these results and this football has become a trend. I think Brendan may be too far gone to turn it around now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where to bastard start with that tonight? Why on earth would you play Ryan Bertrand? I'm speechless.

Napoli couldn't have fancied this game any less if they tried, their fans couldn't be arsed, they were half arsed as we've proven to be at times with so many injuries and yet we still didn't have the inclination to take advantage.

I cannot emphasise enough just how unforgivable that was tonight. We've lost by bigger margins and created less but we were so woefully bad at showing the bit of composure, belief and quality to take this game by the scruff of the neck that we might as well have lost 5 nil.

What a peculiar decision to try and purposefully play without much width as well. Literally the only times we cut Napoli apart in open play were from thr flanks and yet he set us up with pound for pound one of the most laboured full backs in the top 2 divisions and kept him on for 90 minutes and then subbed Barnes and further reduced our numbers out wide. The only decent chances we created in open play tonight were from KDH for Castagne in the 1st half and then Maddison through a hospital pass from their man after they'd gone 3-2 up. Every other half decent chance was a set piece, disgusting to then continue that workmanlike football and not get Albrighton and Thomas on.

He's got to go, the malaise and regression right now is too much to recover from, I've seen it time and time again. He's a good manager but he's now in a situation many a manager both better and worse have faced before where the inevitable happens. No hard feelings Brendan, but let's go our seperate ways before it turns really nasty.

One final thing, I hate to mention it and this isn't a stab in the back to our greatest ever player but when was the last time Jamie Vardy delivered in a big game match for us in the last few years? Those 2 penalties aside vs Spurs where we ultimately lost, he's done absolutely fcuk all when we've needed a talisman and that stings. He's only human but it's still a blot on his copy book under Rodgers.

This is now a full on crisis during a brutal month and I hope Top, Rudlin and Whelan have got the bollocks to do what's right for us. That was a disgrace tonight as it has been for months now. 

Right on.  Top etc have to see where this has got too.  There is little tempo,  fight, back tracking...   the lack 9f wick breaks and the obsession with posession is preventing us from risking it to create chances.

Toure is the defensive coach of a terrible defense.

(Ps  kasper needs a rest on the bench)

Edited by foxinsocks

Guest Col city fan

I’m surprised tbh. Once we came back from two down, I thought there’s only one team who would go on and win it (us)

But like so often recently, we showed such a lack of belief in the ability to kill off a game. Apart from three or four, that was like a Napoli b team. We still played, on paper, a strong side. And even then we didn’t believe in ourselves. 
We’ve been like this so many times this year.. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No, I wouldn’t either. Defensive shambles yes. But we’ve created enough chances to win three games there tonight. 

And that's the problem in a nutshell. If you are consistently having to score plenty of goals just to draw it will catch up with you.

It wasn't totally lost tonight, it was lost in Warsaw and at home to Spartak too. One goal more for us in either game and we're fine.

• Like 1