Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

Guest David Oldfields Gate
55 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Why do people make mountains out of molehills?

Because this is our life! 😆

Plus also ten million quid a year suggests you should probably either be aware of such things or at least have the ability to make a more reasoned answer. He was clearly upset, which is good, like to see that, so it's a good debate from both viewpoints. 👍

26 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

As much as I'd rather we were still in the Europa I think we have to take this seriously and try and win it. Its well worth it if it means we get Europa league football next year, which lets face it looks unlikely via the league.

Win it 😂😂😂😂😂!!!..

Get real.

Admire your optimism but I wouldn't back us to beat anyone at the moment. Watch us perform Groundhog Day on Sunday against Newcastle.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

out of interest what was so bad about what he said?

Of course he knows there is a Euro Conf cup but Like most things on this forum everything is taken literally.

Personally I thought it was his attempt at humour last night but was naive and foolish to say it

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I still cannot believe that Legia failed to bail us out with a 98th minute penalty lol 

Obviously it's our own fault, but that is so Leicester.

I know he would miss after I spent most of the home game taking the piss out of his mask when he was warming up as a sub in front of where I sit. 

The revenge of Zorro, Indeed. 

• Haha 1

To get a bit of excitement I have looked at our potential oppositions and flight options. Belgrade and Qarabag are a no go, Tel Aviv/PAOK not bad, Randers, Prague and Bodo decent.

The only thing with Bodo is that their ground is only made for 5,000 fans so we would get 300-400 tickets max. Ticket office will take 250 so probably 100 for the rest!

My preference for an away day:

Randers or Slavia Prague (Bodo not due to ticket limits above)

My preference to progress:

Qarabag, maybe Tel Aviv or PAOK

Bodo would slaughter us on their astroturf in wintery conditions, Belgrade and Prague would bully us, Randers not sure, the atmosphere over there may disturb us.

In theory of course, we should beat any of those sides...

42 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Win it 😂😂😂😂😂!!!..

Get real.

Admire your optimism but I wouldn't back us to beat anyone at the moment. Watch us perform Groundhog Day on Sunday against Newcastle.

I said try and win it. I don't think we will, but I'll be more disappointed if we don't give it a good shot.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we win this does it mean we EL next year regardless of our league position ? 

if it does, we have to take this and Carabao cup seriously. Europe for progress is important for this club.  

Carabao only gets you into the Conference Leage now doesn't it?

15 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Carabao only gets you into the Conference Leage now doesn't it?

Ah, not sure. conference league as priority then. 

We need to establish a foot print. Top and late Vichai’s aim before him was to establish this club as a European club. Not a heavyweight but a team which holds respect in such competitions. Despite what Rodgers says, I doubt Top has ever thought EL is overachievement. 

• Thanks 1