Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To get a bit of excitement I have looked at our potential oppositions and flight options. Belgrade and Qarabag are a no go, Tel Aviv/PAOK not bad, Randers, Prague and Bodo decent.

The only thing with Bodo is that their ground is only made for 5,000 fans so we would get 300-400 tickets max. Ticket office will take 250 so probably 100 for the rest!

Are Baku and Belgrade a no go for any other reason than being a bit of a pain to get to? As there are flights, just not especially direct ones.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To get a bit of excitement I have looked at our potential oppositions and flight options. Belgrade and Qarabag are a no go, Tel Aviv/PAOK not bad, Randers, Prague and Bodo decent.

The only thing with Bodo is that their ground is only made for 5,000 fans so we would get 300-400 tickets max. Ticket office will take 250 so probably 100 for the rest!

I'd imagine the ticket office would be delighted with only 300 tickets - all held back for the ultra elderly women and insane

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Are Baku and Belgrade a no go for any other reason than being a bit of a pain to get to? As there are flights, just not especially direct ones.

Both just flights for me personally. Belgrade is all stopover with very limited direct flights and not cheap. Baku was £400 upwards for flights.

Belgrade might be a bit tasty as their fans are probably similar to Prague/Warsaw calibre. Wouldn't put me off though.

Although looking again, Belgrade is not too bad. Probably a bit too much for me. Wednesday to Friday are direct flights and I am sure if someone is flexible with when to leave and return, then it should be doable. Personally I would probably miss it.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

And Vitesse Arnhem could be qualifiers (and that gives a double bonus, with Spurs not winning the Rennes game and going out!), a trip there would be good. 

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Both just flights for me personally. Belgrade is all stopover with very limited direct flights and not cheap. Baku was £400 upwards for flights.

Belgrade might be a bit tasty as their fans are probably similar to Prague/Warsaw calibre. Wouldn't put me off though.

Although looking again, Belgrade is not too bad. Probably a bit too much for me. Wednesday to Friday are direct flights and I am sure if someone is flexible with when to leave and return, then it should be doable. Personally I would probably miss it.

Fairly sure, Wizzair do Belgrade direct from Luton and they are very prone to a sale from time to time. 

Baku would mean 4 or 5 days off work. 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

We’ve had 6 European campaigns ever, if you’re turning your nose up at this you’re a div. 

I think once we get over the initial shock as a fan base about how we ballsed this up so badly, we’ll be on board with this. By Feb we should have our first team defence back and hopefully a new manager. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We’ve had 6 European campaigns ever, if you’re turning your nose up at this you’re a div. 

I am hoping to do as much as I can while we have the chance to be in Europe. Not sure how many more we will get in the near future.

Just need to watch finances, that is the only limiting factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fairly sure, Wizzair do Belgrade direct from Luton and they are very prone to a sale from time to time. 

Baku would mean 4 or 5 days off work. 

Yes they do but looks like only 3 flights a week (Monday, Friday and Sunday). However, always chances some airlines may clock on and put an extra flight on if they can.

I agree we're not "above" this competition because we've been a joke in Europe and it's not like we're historically punching well above it anyway, but when the manager makes those kinds of comments it's hardly going to get people interested. I think we'll lose in the next round anyway - providing Rodgers is still in charge he'll clearly throw it anyway. Or claim he has when PAOK beat us.

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes they do but looks like only 3 flights a week (Monday, Friday and Sunday). However, always chances some airlines may clock on and put an extra flight on if they can.

Yeah they’ve scaled back then. I looked when we could have drew Red Star and they were daily (including when we flew out to Warsaw on a Wednesday)

• Like 1

They need to take it seriously as this is the only way we get Europa League football next season.

We are in it because we don’t deserve to be in the Europa at present.

We’re not above it (just like when some turned their noses up at the Europa League), so we should go and try to win it.

• Like 1