Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

or attending further home games, justifying the budget for something more prestigious than a friendly but less than the Europa League

May well depend on the pricing, if they want to progress in it then they need the play-off game to be cheap as chips, £5-10 and the others that follow. 

The aim should be to fill the stadium with some imaginative pricing, all kids free or just £1.

• Like 1

Much as it pains me to say it, given our miserable and quite frankly, embarrassing exit from the Europa League, this tinpot competition, as many contributors have rightfully called it, is our only realistic route back into the Europa League next season. I hope it serves as a chastening experience for our players, and particularly for Rodgers who shamefully pretended he knew nothing about it after the latest defensive capitulation to Napoli reserves, but it is a competition that, if taken seriously we could realistically win and save this wreckage of a season!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

No interest in this unless we make the final , then it becomes a massive game if it gives you access to nexts seasons Europa league , by which time we may have relearned how to defend! 

Didn’t Fulham get to the Europa Cup final when playing in the Championship? Would we be “overachieving” playing Europa League in the championship? 

Edited by Master Fox

5 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Didn’t Fulham get to the Europa Cup final when playing in the Championship? Would we be “overachieving” playing Europa League in the championship? 

No it was in their stint in the Prem.

Just now, Master Fox said:

I don't remember John Collins or whoever their manager was at the time bad mouthing Fulham and his players saying they were overachieving. We're nowhere near as good as that Fulham team. 

Are you sure? Because they finished 12th and their fans were ecstatic and we're in 11th and ours want the manager sacked. And they had finished 17th and 7th in the previous two seasons and we finished 5th & 5th.

• Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

Bang on, can't believe what I'm reading, talking as if we are European veterans. Mad attitude. 

We might aswell just put everything into this and try and win it to get back into the Europa League as we won't be getting into it through the League that's for sure. 

Would there be three English teams in this next year if:

A non top 6 team wins the Carabao

A non cup winning team finishes 7th

Leicester win the Conference League

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

A country can have a max of seven clubs in european competitions 

Champions league takes precedence, then EL, then ECL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Not sure where you are going with this.

Top 4 get CL. If West Ham finished outside Top 4 and won EL, they would get a 5th CL spot. FA Cup winner gets EL spot (or 5th place team). If we won Conference League we would also get EL spot.

So England would have 5 CL and 2 EL spots and none in ECL. That what you were alluding to?

Israel - a PCR test when you arrive, quarantine when you arrive for 24 hours and/or result arrives. If you stay for over 72 hours, another PCR test when you leave. Any positive test is 14 days quarantine in Israel. Must be vaccinated or 14 days quarantine. There is a strict ban on travellers entering from abroad until mid December currently 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

28 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just watching a YouTube video on Bodo, definitely want us to draw them now.

Randers looks shit so that’s definitely who we get.

Bodo I went when 16. Remember seeing the ground on the flight out of there.

Can’t remember too much else except it was in near 24 hour day light and eat a lot of cod. 
Norwegian ultras/football culture I really like but these lot really are the Reading of Norway.

Seems Spurs are out of the competition then 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12492472/tottenham-vs-rennes-europa-conference-league-game-will-not-be-rescheduled-and-referred-to-uefa-panel

Tottenham vs Rennes: Europa Conference League game will not be rescheduled and referred to UEFA panel

Europa Conference League match was called off on Thursday after eight players and five members of staff tested positive for Covid-19; Despite discussions regarding rescheduling the game, a suitable alternative date could not be found to re-arrange before UEFA's December 31 deadline.

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Bodo I went when 16. Remember seeing the ground on the flight out of there.

Can’t remember too much else except it was in near 24 hour day light and eat a lot of cod. 
Norwegian ultras/football culture I really like but these lot really are the Reading of Norway.

To be fair I just wanted a Scandinavian team in the artic circle, the city itself looks shit but means I can go to Lofoten 

With Spurs out, we have a realistic chance in this competition and as others have said provides our most likely route into the Europa next season. 

Would like to see us make a decent fist of this, and with Wesley and Justin back in the New Year we may be able to stiffen up our defence a little. 

Edit: Also worth noting, Warsaw missing that penalty may have been a blessing in disguise based on some of the CL teams who dropped into the EL: Barca, Dortmund, Atalanta, Leipzig anyone?? At our current rate would likely have been knocked out in the next round anyway 

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

With Spurs out, we have a realistic chance in this competition and as others have said provides our most likely route into the Europa next season. 

Would like to see us make a decent fist of this, and with Wesley and Justin back in the New Year we may be able to stiffen up our defence a little. 

I agree this competition is really winnable if we can sort ourselves out.

If you folks think we're going to have a proper go at a competition our manager didn't even know we were in until the press conference on Thursday night, you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

The cynic in me suspects Brendan thought we were out and finished with Europe for the season, and given how we've approached the EL group was quietly glad at that fact. Which sums up the mismanagement going on at the minute.

As I mentioned before, I hope the lads see this not as an opportunity, but as a punishment for our chronic underachievement this season.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

If you folks think we're going to have a proper go at a competition our manager didn't even know we were in until the press conference on Thursday night, you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

The cynic in me suspects Brendan thought we were out and finished with Europe for the season, and given how we've approached the EL group was quietly glad at that fact. Which sums up the mismanagement going on at the minute.

As I mentioned before, I hope the lads see this not as an opportunity, but as a punishment for our chronic underachievement this season.

Do you think Rodger's didn't know about the Europa Conference?

I reckon he just didn't know about the format and the media have taken what he said out of context. 

At least I hope that's what happened anyway.

• Like 1