Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

50 minutes ago, TK95 said:

That Vitesse/Spurs thing is a bit of a mess. So could we have a potential two way draw based on both scenarios 

Unless UEFA make a decision before the draw (unlikely), I would imagine Vitesse/Tottenham cannot be drawn against PSV or us to avoid playing a team from the same league. No idea what other option there would be.

4 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Anyone know the likely away end allocations for any of these?

Regardless of what they are if you’re a season ticket holder it’s likely you’d get a ticket. 

I'm buzzing for this dross. The EL is a step too far for us this season and I now every bit as strong as it was as the UEFA Cup so putting the disappointment of failing to qualify to the knockouts in an easy group to one side, we were not in with a shot at winning it without some significant improvement.

This Conference League though is there to be won, I want our name on it from the off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm buzzing for this dross. The EL is a step too far for us this season and I now every bit as strong as it was as the UEFA Cup so putting the disappointment of failing to qualify to the knockouts in an easy group to one side, we were not in with a shot at winning it without some significant improvement.

This Conference League though is there to be won, I want our name on it from the off. 

Not sure that I do. It's a bit like the Johnstone Paint Trophy, would never want our name on that as it would draw attention that we actually competed in it. 

Still embarrassed about our name being engraved on the third tier trophy. 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure that I do. It's a bit like the Johnstone Paint Trophy, would never want our name on that as it would draw attention that we actually competed in it. 

The likes of the Johnstone Paint Trophy doesn't give you a chance to compete in the what was once an embarrassing Europa League.

20 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

Anyone know the likely away end allocations for any of these?

It has to be 5% of the capacity. Most of them will be around the 1000 mark subject to covid capacity caps. Bodo is around 300 and Randers 500 (but appears their away end is something like 800).

Outside of Prague and Vitesse, they all have a travel obstacle. Some not direct. Others are direct but not ideal days. Bodo is a six hour journey with a connecting flight or a 18 hour overnight train. Randers takes a bit of research to get to. 

There is something we’ve spot about PAOK and Belgrade that makes them very attractive for an extended stay

😉

Tel Aviv and Qarabag look no go’s for me. Israel are notoriously strict on entry with COVID - they’ve just put the UK on the red list. Baku would mean a week off work and a flight in the region of £500 unless you want 12 hours via Istanbul 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Unless UEFA make a decision before the draw (unlikely), I would imagine Vitesse/Tottenham cannot be drawn against PSV or us to avoid playing a team from the same league. No idea what other option there would be.

This crossed my mind too and it seems mightily unfair on just about everyone in the draw.

No idea how UEFA set the deadline at 31st December when the draw has to be ‘seeded’ based on each team’s country.

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Clubs and supporters didn’t ever consider this when European competition for 50 years was three competitions. Plenty of West Ham, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea were/still are proud of their achievements in the Cup Winners Cup. 

It’s hardly some intertoto, summer only competition. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It has to be 5% of the capacity. Most of them will be around the 1000 mark subject to covid capacity caps. Bodo is around 300 and Randers 500 (but appears their away end is something like 800).

Outside of Prague and Vitesse, they all have a travel obstacle. Some not direct. Others are direct but not ideal days. 

There is something we’ve spot about PAOK and Belgrade that makes them very attractive for an extended stay 😉

I had a look at PAOK and Thessaloniki (where they are based) is unbelievably cheap, can get 2 people return flights and a 5 star hotel for 2 nights for £300 lol

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I had a look at PAOK and Thessaloniki (where they are based) is unbelievably cheap, can get 2 people return flights and a 5 star hotel for 2 nights for £300 lol

It’s Thessaloniki derby the weekend before too at Aris. On Sunday after our game; there’s also an Athens derby. If you wanted to you can go to holiday resorts a hour down the road from Thessaloniki as well. 

If we get Partizan, it’s the Belgrade derby on Sunday at Red Star 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Am I gutted we went out of EL? Yes.

But, come on, club like ours in European competition is not to be sniffed at. If you're against this, then you've clearly never experienced a cup final. 

I expect full strength sides and to just go for the damn thing. If Spurs won it they'd be acting like it was us in 2016, so damned if I won't cheer like a nutter for it.

The day you stop being arsed about your team in the latter stages of a cup is a sad day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Sensationally shit. Most of our lot pretending to be Rangers fans for two days. No ta.

Ahh I forgot about the people that seem to love Rangers.

I'd love to go to Ibrox or Celtic Park for a competitve fixture against either though.