Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

Just now, Hollism said:

So who do we want in terms of easiness to get to for fans?

Assuming Randers, Slavia Praha, PAOK would be ideal, Bodo Glimnt middling, and Qarabag, Macabbi Tel Aviv and Partizan would be a nightmare?

Bodo by far the hardest. Prague by far the easiest. Tel Aviv as it stands we wouldn’t get in the country 

The rest either involve non direct flights, not ideal timing of flights, expense or covid entry restrictions. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bodo by far the hardest. Prague by far the easiest. Tel Aviv as it stands we wouldn’t get in the country 

The rest either involve non direct flights, not ideal timing of flights, expense or covid entry restrictions. 

Only because of the allocation right? Because Qarabag is much worse for travel and expenses.

Also thinking Prague easiest.

Think cause of the way they do the draw it's kind of irrelevant as the format is dictated by the teams in there and their nationalities, so say we were in it rather than Napoli it would've changed things somewhat. It's not like the FA Cup where you're given an actual number.

You knew it'd happen though lol to be honest there are more appealing draws for me, would be something playing them competitively but I'm convinced there are better trips.

• Like 1

We can barely keep two center defenders healthy. We have Justin and Fofana who we expect are going to hit the ground running from day 1? And we can't even keep Ricardo on the field. Great that Barnes is starting to come back to form but he's still not there yet. We are 6 points out of 4th place because, like us, the rest of the league(besides the top 4) is playing like sxxt. We want more games(every 2/3 days) on top of the cups and the league and expect our form to get better. After what we did to these players last season? Guess what. We don't have the squad depth and we don't have the cash to buy it. So if you want to send the Under 23's for some experience I'm all for it. Go support them. Otherwise go take a vacation anyway. You need it.  

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Allocation and travel. 

A connecting flight to Bodo from Oslo makes the trip six hours and in the region of £150 to 200 return. Second option is the train from Oslo which is 18 hours long and £120 because it’s an overnight sleeper. 

We’d do well to take 300 I reckon up there unless the likes of Sports Options run a charter (they notoriously have issues in February because of half term taking the planes)

Qarabag is at least a direct flight if you can put up £400 to £450. By far is an exaggeration by me admittedly. Both trips see you leaving on the Tuesday to make it though. 

Randers is thankfully four hours by train from Copenhagen and thirty minutes by train from Aarhus 

Maybe I have resigned to the fact that the 6 hours travel is OK. Flight prices looked OK, around £100. However, everything else is extortionate up there on top.

58 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure that I do. It's a bit like the Johnstone Paint Trophy, would never want our name on that as it would draw attention that we actually competed in it. 

Still embarrassed about our name being engraved on the third tier trophy. 

You should change your name to Showbizwelike, you absolute snob 😂

• Haha 1