Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Where are we off to in this one then?

There's a very real chance of getting Qarabag, who wouldn't want a trip to Azerbaijan on a Thursday evening?!

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Am I the only one who isn't embarrased or ashamed to now be a part of this competition? Much more realistic chance of winning it (even if I wouldn't back us to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv over two legs right now)

Do some fans now consider ourselves to be above this competition or something?

im glad we still have some european football next year now, but we really shouldnt be in this after the group we had

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly getting to the final of this would be better than getting knocked out by someone in the next EL game. Bit of history being the first winners... trying to keep myself from giving up on the season 

That's the best way to look at it mate. May as well play some tosh and get to a final of a cup we could actually win, make history and start again in the new season in Europe again. Opposed to drawing 1 of 8 teams that would likely tear us apart. I can't be the only one excited we might actually win this cup. Only Tottenham and Roma to avoid and 1 or 2 dropping down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Am I the only one who isn't embarrased or ashamed to now be a part of this competition? Much more realistic chance of winning it (even if I wouldn't back us to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv over two legs right now)

Do some fans now consider ourselves to be above this competition or something?

Better way of getting European football again next season than trying to win the Europa and getting CL.

• Like 4

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I know it’s raw still but get a grip guys. It’s little old Leicester in Europe... I don’t care what cup it is, I’m going to appreciate it while we have it. You never know when the bad times will be back. Go back and tell your old self when we were kicking the ball around in the championship that you can’t be arsed with Europe football. 

I’ll have whatever you’re smoking. Though I do agree to some extent, I’m sure it’s just the consistent underperformance relative to the quality of players that’s pissing most people off.

Just now, Beliall said:

im glad we still have some european football next year now, but we really shouldnt be in this after the group we had

Really? You'd like to think we'd have finished atleast second sure, but really we fell foul of not just our own inconsistency but also Napoli's to the point where it became an incredibly close group. Suddenly that win for Spartak against Napoli that our fans were so thrilled about has knocked us out (admittedly there's lots of little reasons as to why we've gone out, not least our own performances, but Napoli winning in Russia last time out would have guaranteed us top 2)