Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

5 minutes ago, Randers Blade said:

Just signed up to this forum to give a bit of info about Randers. It's close to Aarhus (30 mins by train, plus 50 min airport bus) but another option is Aalborg, which has direct trains from the airport to Randers (about an hour). You can only fly to Aalborg and Aarhus from Stansted or Manchester. Randers Stadium is about a mile from the city centre, and half a mile from the train station. Hotel Kronjtlland is by the train station, or alternatively there will be trains back to. Aarhus or Aalborg after the match. Randers are having a great season and shouldn't be underestimated. The fans are friendly, as long as you don't support AGF Aarhus. Good luck!

I’ll give this a miss then as my nans 3rd cousin’s daughters brother is a huge AGF Aarhus fan 😰

Do we think the club will take this competition seriously? 

We could still put out a decent squad, but I'd expect to see the likes of Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez starting these games and taking any result as a bonus. Maybe on the plus side it might also be used to give some minutes to youth academy players, and given how well Luke Thomas and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall have done in recent years, that could be quite good.

4 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

My grandad (Ernst Netuka for any interested football historians) was one of Randers’ most successful managers, and my entire family are huge Leicester fans. Gonna be a really special tie this :)

That’s wild lol congrats 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We could still put out a decent squad, but I'd expect to see the likes of Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez starting these games and taking any result as a bonus. Maybe on the plus side it might also be used to give some minutes to youth academy players, and given how well Luke Thomas and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall have done in recent years, that could be quite good.

Surely we should take it very seriously? It's a passport back into the EL for next season. Not sure I want to see Vestergaard and Bertrand screwing up that opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's a route into Europe next year...I think the club will take it seriously.

Flippin Danes again eh'...... 

This will be one of the absolute biggest games in Randers history, so if we take this lightly, we might be in trouble.

Might look into a little trip to Randers now. Studied there in the early 00s. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

My grandad (Ernst Netuka for any interested football historians) was one of Randers’ most successful managers, and my entire family are huge Leicester fans. Gonna be a really special tie this :)

"Ernst was for a period employed as a part-time lifeguard in Leicester where he saved 3 boys from drowning and on that occasion received a medal from the mayor. 

Why was he in Leicester? 

43 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well they seemed excited. 

Screenshot_20211213-132916__01.jpg

Screenshot_20211213-132941__01.jpg

Screenshot_20211213-133017__01.jpg

As someone who started supporting Leicester in the 90s, I still get feelings of disbelief in this day and age that we have earned the right to be a 'big match' for european opponent regardless of who they are.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I hope we take it very seriously. Reasonably priced tickets to sell out the KP, full strength XI on the day. It’s a trophy at the end of the day, and a route into Europe next year.

There always used to be 3 European competitions and now that there’s a tertiary cup back we should absolutely go for it. Any Chelsea fans sneering at the Europa or this competition almost certainly went mental when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 97. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Not a perfect measure but gives a decent indication of the level of sides left in this, especially if Spurs drop out. Every reason we can go on and win this. Also worth noting Randers are somewhere towards the bottom of this list, with an overall squad value of less than 1 Vestergaard! 

70E1934D-3EA5-42E1-9C4E-C3A8463E48DE.jpeg

Truth be told, once you get through the qualifying round, it looks like a classic Europa League R16. Tough matches against opponents with good European pedigree. Winnable, but so was our Europa League group.

• Like 2