Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

4 minutes ago, enmac said:

"Ernst was for a period employed as a part-time lifeguard in Leicester where he saved 3 boys from drowning and on that occasion received a medal from the mayor. 

Why was he in Leicester? 

Where have you found this? :o My dad never told me this story haha. 

My grandma was from Leicester, so my grandad was often there. He was also around a lot when we lived there (from 1989-mid’90s) until he unfortunately died of a stroke in 1995. I remember walking from our house in Mountsorrel to a pub in Rothley where we chatted football and had a bag of crisps. I was only 5 at the time. Must be one of my earliest memories that 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do we think the club will take this competition seriously? 

We could still put out a decent squad, but I'd expect to see the likes of Vestergaard, Bertrand and Perez starting these games and taking any result as a bonus. Maybe on the plus side it might also be used to give some minutes to youth academy players, and given how well Luke Thomas and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall have done in recent years, that could be quite good.

Yes we have to and will be an opportunity for Rodgers to stat pad on his CV with his shockingly bad record in Europe. Can't turn our nose up at this at all. 

5 minutes ago, Randers Blade said:

Randers stadium is decent, makes for a good atmosphere. It has some terracing, but this will be closed by UEFA. I think they may give the entire end behind the goal to Leicester. If so it should be easy to get a ticket.

For those on a budget there's a big Lidl by the train station that sells beer for 50p a can.

Any idea on how many the entire end holds? 

11 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Where have you found this? :o My dad never told me this story haha. 

My grandma was from Leicester, so my grandad was often there. He was also around a lot when we lived there (from 1989-mid’90s) until he unfortunately died of a stroke in 1995. I remember walking from our house in Mountsorrel to a pub in Rothley where we chatted football and had a bag of crisps. I was only 5 at the time. Must be one of my earliest memories that 

https://www.vejleboldklub.dk/klubben/om-seniorklubben/referater-fra-2017/

"Kaj Kohave welcomed the approx. 50 members present. There was a special welcome to Peter Netuka who was this month's speaker.   

The meeting began with a short memorial speech, where Kaj Kohave told about his collaboration with Ejgil Jensen for 10 years. Kaj also touched on Ejgil's human qualities and also that Ejgil was a co - founder of the Senior Club in 1992. The memorial speech ended with a minute of silence.  

The word was then passed on to Peter Netuka who is the son of VB´'s former coach Ernst Netuka. (born in 1928 - died in 1995). Peter told in an exciting way about how his father, who was born in Vienna in 1928, became interested in football and the coaching job. Peter also talked about how his father had fled from the Russians during their entry into Vienna, by jumping in the Danube. He could also tell that Ernst was for a period employed as a part-time lifeguard in Leicester where he saved 3 boys from drowning and on that occasion received a medal from the mayor. 

In total, Ernst coached 10 Danish clubs - AIA, VB, Hvidovre, Esbjerg, AB, Horsens, Kolding, Randers, Aabenraa and Vejen - and was for a period also national coach for the Danish national football team. Ernst was also named coach of the year in Denmark in 1981 and 1985. 

The lecture was spiced up by Peter's own experiences and not least anecdotes that he had been told by his father. Many of the  members present could nod in recognition of the many stories / anecdotes.

Thanks to Peter for an exciting story about a great personality - Ernst Netuka."

35 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

My grandad (Ernst Netuka for any interested football historians) was one of Randers’ most successful managers, and my entire family are huge Leicester fans. Gonna be a really special tie this :)

That was Randers Freja then right?

5 minutes ago, enmac said:

https://www.vejleboldklub.dk/klubben/om-seniorklubben/referater-fra-2017/

"Kaj Kohave welcomed the approx. 50 members present. There was a special welcome to Peter Netuka who was this month's speaker.   

The meeting began with a short memorial speech, where Kaj Kohave told about his collaboration with Ejgil Jensen for 10 years. Kaj also touched on Ejgil's human qualities and also that Ejgil was a co - founder of the Senior Club in 1992. The memorial speech ended with a minute of silence.  

The word was then passed on to Peter Netuka who is the son of VB´'s former coach Ernst Netuka. (born in 1928 - died in 1995). Peter told in an exciting way about how his father, who was born in Vienna in 1928, became interested in football and the coaching job. Peter also talked about how his father had fled from the Russians during their entry into Vienna, by jumping in the Danube. He could also tell that Ernst was for a period employed as a part-time lifeguard in Leicester where he saved 3 boys from drowning and on that occasion received a medal from the mayor. 

In total, Ernst coached 10 Danish clubs - AIA, VB, Hvidovre, Esbjerg, AB, Horsens, Kolding, Randers, Aabenraa and Vejen - and was for a period also national coach for the Danish national football team. Ernst was also named coach of the year in Denmark in 1981 and 1985. 

The lecture was spiced up by Peter's own experiences and not least anecdotes that he had been told by his father. Many of the  members present could nod in recognition of the many stories / anecdotes.

Thanks to Peter for an exciting story about a great personality - Ernst Netuka."

Amazing man. Thanks for that find. Peter Netuka is my dad :D 

• Like 2

Also on the 12:30 from Stansted.

I looked last night at the odds to win the whole thing to determine how hard the draws were. This'll surprise people but it made Bodo/Glimt our hardest opposition. The good news is it made Randers the easiest.

We really should be beating these. Never know with us though do you.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Also on the 12:30 from Stansted.

I looked last night at the odds to win the whole thing to determine how hard the draws were. This'll surprise people but it made Bodo/Glimt our hardest opposition. The good news is it made Randers the easiest.

We really should be beating these. Never know with us though do you.

Seriously - it’s like being drawn at Newport in the fa cup ……

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

My grandad (Ernst Netuka for any interested football historians) was one of Randers’ most successful managers, and my entire family are huge Leicester fans. Gonna be a really special tie this :)

Absolute dream tie for you then! I was going to say I hope you can get tickets ok, but with your connections I am sure you will be fine!