Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

1 minute ago, Crashtoasted said:

I’ll have whatever you’re smoking. Though I do agree to some extent, I’m sure it’s just the consistent underperformance relative to the quality of players that’s pissing most people off.

Separate debates really. Did the club let us down? Absolutely. Are we too big for this cup? Absolutely not. If anything a cup like this was designed for a club like us to have a chance of success. 

9 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Am I the only one who isn't embarrased or ashamed to now be a part of this competition? Much more realistic chance of winning it (even if I wouldn't back us to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv over two legs right now)

Do some fans now consider ourselves to be above this competition or something?

I'm above a competition for midtable dross in Europe when we were favourites to win the Europa League, yep.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Separate debates really. Did the club let us down? Absolutely. Are we too big for this cup? Absolutely not. If anything a cup like this was designed for a club like us to have a chance of success. 

Separate but with a distinct overlap. Either way, let’s cheer the lads on when the time come as always.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Am I the only one who isn't embarrased or ashamed to now be a part of this competition? Much more realistic chance of winning it (even if I wouldn't back us to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv over two legs right now)

I guess it's just a stark reminder of how far we've fallen this season - from FA Cup to the European Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Brendan Rogers just now in his post match interview: "With all due respect I don't know what the Europa Conference League is". That says it all. 

Edited by DennisNedry

This is just a tin pot Mickey Mouse tournament and it's an embarrassment. Let's not try and hype this sh1t up more than it is.

It's just a money spinner for UEFA for the teams who are sh1t and should be out of the any European  competition  for the season.

If this was Spuds we'd be pi$$ing ourselves laughing.

Edited by Raj

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Okay snob

I think I am! To be fair I didn't believe the tournament should ever have existed. 

Our team is strong enough for the top 6 and to go far in the EL. We should still be laughing at spurs for being in this third rate rubbish.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Looking through some of the names left in the competition and our arrogance stinks

we weren’t good enough to get through the EL group 

why should we turn our noses up at playing in a competition with that group of clubs 

it’s probably above our current level! 

maybe the last opportunity to see our club in Europe for a while - we should embrace it as the cop out that it is for failure in the EL 

:appl:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Walkers said:

No not at all. Some of the trips are great. 

I know people bemoan that it’s an extra two games but personally I think we need as much time on the pitch as possible. As painful as it is. 

Oddly it carries the same coefficient points as the Europa League. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox