Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

Just now, bovril said:

People saying play the U23s can **** off. It's European football, go for it.

Exactly, and although some people have mentioned it while the majority seem to have forgot, it's also a route back into the Europa League next season. Unless these miserable folk have the opposite stance on our chances for finishing in the top 6 this season?

• Like 2

No. Rather put the time toward the league, practice pitch, and recovery between matches.

Its the only positive thing I can come up with given the neck pain I get from watching our matches looking at the ground. Sad and hard to watch.

23 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Really? You'd like to think we'd have finished atleast second sure, but really we fell foul of not just our own inconsistency but also Napoli's to the point where it became an incredibly close group. Suddenly that win for Spartak against Napoli that our fans were so thrilled about has knocked us out (admittedly there's lots of little reasons as to why we've gone out, not least our own performances, but Napoli winning in Russia last time out would have guaranteed us top 2)

Vardy scoring that penalty would have also helped 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

We shouldn't be there, these token invitations need to be binned. We didn't go into this season planning for this and don't deserve to take part.

Don’t worry mate we’ve got to beat a second placed team first!! 

54 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly getting to the final of this would be better than getting knocked out by someone in the next EL game. Bit of history being the first winners... trying to keep myself from giving up on the season 

Well said 👏 more of this please.

This feels like a competition laced with pity. For clubs who are just not good enough for European competition but this just softens that blow.

Right now, we are not good enough for European competition at the highest level, especially defensively. That said, I'll take anything right now. A convincing win, or the elusive clean sheet. Pigs may fly before we get either of those on current form.

52 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Am I the only one who isn't embarrased or ashamed to now be a part of this competition? Much more realistic chance of winning it (even if I wouldn't back us to beat Maccabi Tel Aviv over two legs right now)

Do some fans now consider ourselves to be above this competition or something?

No, had we finished 7th or won the League Cup to take part I'd be fully behind it.

But let's be honest, it's a relegation. We should be out of Europe altogether.