Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone who received their last jab (minimum of 2 jabs) between now and 20th June 2021 will be OK then.

I had my 2nd jab at the end of July 2021 so should be good. Just need to get a ticket now which I'm working on. 

I'll be drinking them horrid warm cartons of wine all day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexledsom/2022/02/15/france-travel-new-booster-rules-for-tourists-residents-on-15-february/amp/

I think you can get into France like you are but you may need a booster for the venue pass cause it’s like 4 months now for the venue one.  I was in the same boat as you but just got the booster today hopefully I’m not bad this time.😕

14 minutes ago, Bazz said:

Hi all,

another Frenchie here !

Honestly, as I've been deeply interested in the PL (and England, I'd take the whole package ! :D) nearly for ages, I was really dellighted with this draw !

Two brillant games ahead, hope I could come for the first round. !

As already said, our team switches from marvellous to poor, even if the last tendency seems pretty interesting !

BTW, for the spelling, consider "hen" as a reference, Rennes, or  Stade Rennais.

And what a pleasure to see welcoming fans, way away from what we got on a spurs' forum, thanks, really !

I love the young squad that you've put together. Suleiman, Doku, Majer (love him), Terrier, Bade, Truffert and a few others complimented nicely with the experience of Traore, Bourigeaud, Tait, Santamaria (immense player) and Laborde.

You are a proper football team, you will wipe the floor with us unless we significantly improve in the next few weeks, our manager is under huge pressure so maybe rather than improve we get worse and he gets the boot and hope for the new manager bounce.

Hopefully we can still be in the tie though going in to the 2nd leg at your ground as I'm intending to make my first European appearance since 2016. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bazz said:

lol I can see your point !! :appl:

Let me guess … you were on the Fighting Cock … and they called you a useless **** and worse …

and went on about how they much would like to hurt you -- if only, as Spurs fans, hurting themselves wasn't an even more urgent priority.  :rolleyes:

(as a foreigner myself, I try not to take what I read on an English footy board too personally)

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

we are in the last 16 of a European competition ffs its like most don't want to be in it?! its a privilege and the so many are coming across as self entitled spoilt football fans. 

Yes we are not in great form but we have a chance to change that the more we play. 

honestly i cant understand the majority of Leicester fans these days. 

Wait...expecting us to lose is entitiled? lol

I'd decide what you're annoyed about first and then make your point. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Have we ever played a French side? I can’t recall one

Not that I’m aware of competitively, didn’t we have a pre-season friendly in Nice a few seasons back (Nacho double)? And of course PSG in the international cup pre-season tournament after we won the Prem.

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Not that I’m aware of competitively, didn’t we have a pre-season friendly in Nice a few seasons back (Nacho double)? And of course PSG in the international cup pre-season tournament after we won the Prem.

The Friendly was against Lille when Nacho scored 2, what a brilliant weekend it was. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I still believe we’ll win this competition. 

We’re going to click at some stage and I’ve seen more than enough positive points more recently to indicate we’re not far away from it. 

I'll have whatever your having...  (Unless it's alcoholic, in which case I guess I'll remain a pessimist :P )

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I still believe we’ll win this competition. 

We’re going to click at some stage and I’ve seen more than enough positive points more recently to indicate we’re not far away from it. 

I don’t think we’re far away (assuming vards and fof come back and are effective )

but I also don’t believe that we would beat either Marseille or Roma over two legs , even if we do get back to some semblance of our old selves …..

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think we’re far away (assuming vards and fof come back and are effective )

but I also don’t believe that we would beat either Marseille or Roma over two legs , even if we do get back to some semblance of our old selves …..

Football is a funny old game. 

Roma are 8th in Serie A. Aren’t in great form.

Late goal to draw with Verona.

Late goal to draw against 10 man Sassulo. 
Lost against Inter in the Coppa Italia.

Draw 0-0  with relegation threatened Genoa. 

Marseille are 2nd in Ligue 1. Trailing PSG by 13 points. 

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

Football is a funny old game. 

Roma are 8th in Serie A. Aren’t in great form.

Late goal to draw with Verona.

Late goal to draw against 10 man Sassulo. 
Lost against Inter in the Coppa Italia.

Draw 0-0  with relegation threatened Genoa. 

Marseille are 2nd in Ligue 1. Trailing PSG by 13 points. 

I’ve seen them both play a few times this season. 

jose would have a plan against us 

Marseille - we’re 13 points behind West Ham!  They look a decent side and you just know that cengiz is going to score the winner! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Have we ever played a French side? I can’t recall one

In my increasingly  unreliable memory, I think I saw us play St Etienne donkeys years ago in a friendly? Could be back in the early 80s?? It’s quite possible I’ve invented that, though!! 😂

• Haha 1