Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

So the home leg against Rennes is soon - but I can't understand why the club dont email season ticket holders advising them when the tickets go on sale.  They email loads of other crap yet leave it to us to keep checking the website to see if we can buy tickets.

Tbf some stuff was prepared last night for it, so it’s imminent 

16 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

So the home leg against Rennes is soon - but I can't understand why the club dont email season ticket holders advising them when the tickets go on sale.  They email loads of other crap yet leave it to us to keep checking the website to see if we can buy tickets.

They will email on Monday

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I would expect an announcement tomorrow. They are normally good for short turnarounds.

Hoping for similar pricing although I think they might go up to £15. Full house would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

The draw was less than 24 hours ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

...they probably get the information late, and therefore unable to supply the details!!!

15 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Good evening, I am a Rennes supporter (Roazhon means Rennes in Breton), and I notice that in each club, many fear the opponent. It is rather flattering for Rennes which in my opinion is not a favorite. Why ?
- The L1 is not at the level of the PL, especially in terms of intensity.
- Precisely, Rennes is not comfortable when a strong pressure is imposed on him.
- Rennes often concede goals in their weak moments; the youth of the team, the lack of experience in European competitions risk accentuating this lack.
-The defense is not bad, but it lacks a bit of physicality, like the whole team for that matter. She often pays cash for the slightest mistake
-And this for a good reason, our goalkeeper, Gomis, the replacement for Mendy in the Senegal team, is very little decisive, if ever, he is just average, with a very bad foot game. He diverts the ball more (when he reaches it...) than he blocks it.
-The midfielder participates in these weak times, he can "disappear" for 20 minutes or more, and let the defense manage.
-Our workforce is sensitive to the absence of executives (especially Tait currently, and does not have an extraordinary bench)
-The current ranking does not mean much. Many teams apply for European places, stand at few points (apart from Paris), and we quickly switch to the bottom in the event of defeat.
So certainly, things have been better for a few games (the worst being an elimination in the Coupe de France against the last of L2!), the victory against Montpellier (deprived of important players, especially in defense...) is good, even if after leading 2-0 after 15 minutes, our famous weak time cost two goals, 2-2 at halftime, when Montpellier pressed!
If the opponent leaves spaces, and does not put too much intensity in his game, then Rennes is dangerous, we have seen some very good collective goals lately.
We probably lack a bit of aggressiveness and mischief: as proof, our first penalty of the season was last week!
Here some are talking about Doku: unfortunately, he has played very little, a lot of injuries this season, he has just resumed yesterday when he returned in the 87th minute. He is confusing: his obsession with dribbling sometimes blinds him, and his finishing, his foresight in the game are not up to his running speed, for the moment.
Well, I wish us a good match, and a good referee!
I confirm that you are much nicer... and normal than the Tottenham forum members!
No doubt a problem of sexual frustration with them, I see no other explanation!

Welcome to the forum.

We're having an awful season. We're still scoring goals, but we can't defend to save our lives. Our best defenders have all been out injured for either the whole season or most of it. Fofana and Justin might return soon, but they'll be rusty.

I'm not sure, but I think Brendan Rodgers has only just won his first European knock-out tie (is that right?) with the win over Randers, but we were far from convincing in the second leg, and that's being very generous.

I think there's a slim chance we might play our way into some form by the time we face each other, but I won't be holding my breath. You won't need to be near your best to get through to the quarters if we're still in this rut, I'm sure.

Not surprised to learn about Spurs. It's a cursed club with weird fans.

• Like 3

Stade Rennais will face the English of Leicester in the round of 16 of the Europa League Conference, on March 10 and 17, 2022. A difficult draw commented on by Bruno Genesio, Hamari Traoré and Benjamin Bourigeaud after the victory in Montpellier (4-2) .
Stade Rennais inherited Leicester, current 12th in the Premier League, in the round of 16 of the Europa League Conference (first leg Thursday March 10 in Leicester, return on March 17 in Rennes), following the draw made on Friday February 25, 2022. After the victory in Montpellier (4-2) on Friday evening, Bruno Genesio, Hamari Traoré and Benjamin Bourigeaud gave their opinion on this complicated draw on paper.

Bruno Genesio (Stade Rennais coach): "When you're at this level of competition, on the one hand you don't have a choice, and on the other hand I find it interesting to come up against one of the best teams in the English league, even if they are not very well ranked.
It is a team that has experience in the European Cup, which played in the Champions League (quarter-finals in 2016-2017) and it is also a good indicator for us over two matches. I think we have every chance, it's 50-50, we will have to continue what we have just done, namely creating play, playing to score goals, to have fun , to make efforts together as we have been doing for some time. Above all, we must have no regrets and believe in ourselves.
They have additional experience of European competitions but we have arguments to annoy them, hoping that we will still recover injured players to be able to manage the sequence of matches. In any case, I believe in my team even if we know that it will be difficult. We proved against Tottenham, in the first leg in Rennes (2-2) that we were capable of making good matches against the big teams. We will go with ambition but also humility and respect for the opponent. »
Hamari Traoré (right side defender and captain of Stade Rennais): “It's the European Cup, there is no easy match. We are going to prepare to play against a high-caliber opponent. We have our qualities, the group is growing, we are gaining experience. But for sure, it will take two big matches to pass. »
Benjamin Bourigeaud (Stade Rennais midfielder): “We were at the table when we saw the draw. Obviously, it's always pleasant to have confrontations like that, we don't always have the opportunity to experience them. European Cup matches are always special. Leicester is great. It is sure that it is a big draw but we will try to do something there because we know that our supporters will be there when we return. We want to take them as far as possible. »

• Like 1

On 25/02/2022 at 18:20, Unabomber said:

What a farce it is that countries don’t let you in without having 3 jabs. Absolutely insane. 

Yep. Disgusting countries. Not having it is a good filter for which are the places to avoid really. Denmark knew the score.

Won't be going. Glad that Randers was as good as it was.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Good evening, I am a Rennes supporter (Roazhon means Rennes in Breton), and I notice that in each club, many fear the opponent. It is rather flattering for Rennes which in my opinion is not a favorite. Why ?
- The L1 is not at the level of the PL, especially in terms of intensity.
- Precisely, Rennes is not comfortable when a strong pressure is imposed on him.
- Rennes often concede goals in their weak moments; the youth of the team, the lack of experience in European competitions risk accentuating this lack.
-The defense is not bad, but it lacks a bit of physicality, like the whole team for that matter. She often pays cash for the slightest mistake
-And this for a good reason, our goalkeeper, Gomis, the replacement for Mendy in the Senegal team, is very little decisive, if ever, he is just average, with a very bad foot game. He diverts the ball more (when he reaches it...) than he blocks it.
-The midfielder participates in these weak times, he can "disappear" for 20 minutes or more, and let the defense manage.
-Our workforce is sensitive to the absence of executives (especially Tait currently, and does not have an extraordinary bench)
-The current ranking does not mean much. Many teams apply for European places, stand at few points (apart from Paris), and we quickly switch to the bottom in the event of defeat.
So certainly, things have been better for a few games (the worst being an elimination in the Coupe de France against the last of L2!), the victory against Montpellier (deprived of important players, especially in defense...) is good, even if after leading 2-0 after 15 minutes, our famous weak time cost two goals, 2-2 at halftime, when Montpellier pressed!
If the opponent leaves spaces, and does not put too much intensity in his game, then Rennes is dangerous, we have seen some very good collective goals lately.
We probably lack a bit of aggressiveness and mischief: as proof, our first penalty of the season was last week!
Here some are talking about Doku: unfortunately, he has played very little, a lot of injuries this season, he has just resumed yesterday when he returned in the 87th minute. He is confusing: his obsession with dribbling sometimes blinds him, and his finishing, his foresight in the game are not up to his running speed, for the moment.
Well, I wish us a good match, and a good referee!
I confirm that you are much nicer... and normal than the Tottenham forum members!
No doubt a problem of sexual frustration with them, I see no other explanation!

Your team sounds much like our team. I'd like us both to win. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. Disgusting countries. Not having it is a good filter for which are the places to avoid really. Denmark knew the score.

Won't be going. Glad that Randers was as good as it was.

Yeah same I will be refusing to go to any of these backwards countries that require 3 jabs. I have had 2 jabs and covid twice yet they won’t let me in? Seems legit. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Has anyone found any decent travel tips for this? I’m not sure I fancy driving.

If you are looking to fly and keep it cheap (ish), check out flights to Paris. Luton has several daily connections. Then a train from Paris to Rennes.

I think anything to Nantes is very expensive now and requires a drive to Stansted or Gatwick.

Eurostar also looked pricey compared to flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If you are looking to fly and keep it cheap (ish), check out flights to Paris. Luton has several daily connections. Then a train from Paris to Rennes.

I think anything to Nantes is very expensive now and requires a drive to Stansted or Gatwick.

Eurostar also looked pricey compared to flights.

Aren't trains from Paris to Rennes a load of bunce?

1 hour ago, MS0204 said:

Just out of interest looking past this round and into April (should they progress) but how does the home/away work out? I see it’s 7th/14th but are Leicester likely to be home first or is it unknown until after? 

Unknown - but the draw for both QFs and SFs will be completed 

• Like 1