Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

Just now, Roazhon said:

Lovro Majer, one of our best midfield players, technical, creative, is out next Sunday, and is not sure to play at Leicester. A real blow for us.

I was very much looking forward to seeing him play but that would be a huge bonus for us, he's a class act. Is it OK if about 12 more get injured as well please? 

Roma won and so did Marseille and  Feyenoord. If PSV go through that'll be some fairly big clubs in the quarters. 

Slavia Prague won comfortably so if we go through it'll be a much needed reunion. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Roma won and so did Marseille and  Feyenoord. If PSV go through that'll be some fairly big clubs in the quarters. 

Slavia Prague won comfortably so if we go through it'll be a much needed reunion. 

Possibility of some very juice fixtures.

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

PSV v Copenhagen 4-4?

I saw the score at HT on the screen at the ground and I'm sure Copenhagen were 3 up lol

If we were to get through I wanted the winner of that purely because I loved Copenhagen after going and PSV would also be decent maybe.

Although Alkmaar would be great too though they lost last night.

Edited by Fox92

Roma and Marseille only got narrow wins, so with a bit of luck one (or both!) might bite the dust next week. Marseille in particular look risky as they have the trip to Basel to come. PSV also conceding 4 goals at home to Copenhagen means they might also hopefully **** up.

I'd argue we got the toughest draw with Rennes, and with the exception of Slavia Prague and Feyenoord nobody else has got themselves into as good a position ahead of the second leg.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been quite critical of UEFA and the things they've done but if you look at the 3 competitions in the last 16 there is a very good standard and in that regard it makes it a success.

I know we're biased as we're now in this 3rd competition but if the standard at this stage is as high as it is then it's absolutely a competition you'd want to win year in, year out if that's what you end up in and that's a good thing.

I said very similar yesterday. All this, it's only the Europa Conference League but we were playing a team that wouldn't look lost in the CL (and have a good chance of qualifying through their league). If Rennes improved on minor things, they could challenge PSG in the league and be a strong European side.

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A tie against either Roma or Marseille would be quality though! 

I really enjoyed the game last night, not just because we won, but because the opposition were good and a little bit exotic. We didn't know their style of play or players, but you could see they were joke. Seeing Leicester play in European ties is amazing, something to be cherished. 

I daresay you'll get that wish as they'll both likely progress.

I must admit Marseille away at the Stade Veledrome would be exceptional.

48 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A tie against either Roma or Marseille would be quality though! 

I really enjoyed the game last night, not just because we won, but because the opposition were good and a little bit exotic. We didn't know their style of play or players, but you could see they were joke. Seeing Leicester play in European ties is amazing, something to be cherished. 

So much in agreement with you here. I just love us in europe. There is something special about playing the unknown. CL, EL or ECL, i just think we need to find a way of being in europe for the next few years.  Making it a norm over an occasion would such progress for this club. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eblair said:

it is a proper european compeition, with exception of LASK & Bodo every single club is a house hold name amongst football fans (cannot name that many current players but football clubs with fine traditions) 

Excuse me........the mighty Linzer Athletik Sport Klub are a household name in my part of the World.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Should be winning this, look at Marseille and Romas teams last night they're just premier league rejects lol

I think we may three of those ourselves:ph34r:.

Guest nathan.

Roma

Feyenoord

PSV

Marseille 

Slavia Prague 

All very good sides dont forget Slavia knocked us out over two legs.

People are underestimating the competition. 

It's a tough but pretty even competition. Certainly shouldn't fear anyone. 

I'm desperate not to get ahead of myself but I can't help it, really want to get out for one game as we don't know when it will happen again. 

I go to Spain on 26th May. May have to tell the Mrs I'll meet here there via Tirana lol

Bodo would be really tough if we go through. It’d be the worst draw as it’d be hard to get to, more expensive than Randers and despite their ability - it’d still be seen as an embarrassment to go out to them.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been quite critical of UEFA and the things they've done but if you look at the 3 competitions in the last 16 there is a very good standard and in that regard it makes it a success.

I know we're biased as we're now in this 3rd competition but if the standard at this stage is as high as it is then it's absolutely a competition you'd want to win year in, year out if that's what you end up in and that's a good thing.

In the early 90s when I started going down the double decker if you’d have said we be in Europe - even in the third tier - I would have bitten your hand off. I remember watching Arsenal and Chelsea in the cup winners cup in that era thinking that was great! 

• Like 2