Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

Teams we could face in the playoff. 

We're unseeded so it's the first leg at home:

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Randers

Bodo/Glimt

Partizan Belgrade

Then teams currently playing:

Basel/Qarabag (currently Qarabag) 

PAOK/Slovan Bratislava

Union Berlin/Slavia Prague

Vitesse (if they qualify ahead of Spurs) 

Then it could be against the likes of Roma, Feyenoord, Rennes in the round of 16...

Maybe we'll gain some much needed European "savvy" experience from it, some of the atmospheres, dirty tricks, gamesmanship etc and arm our young players in particular with a bit more of what to expect in any level of European competition. We're too nice, too polite, we need to at least get more familiar with recognizing what it's like and finding ways of countering it instead of looking like wounded Deer against a pack of Wolves every time. Then it will just come down to the football. S**t, we need to work on that part too methinks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Randers

Bodo/Glimt

Partizan Belgrade

PAOK/Slovan Bratislava

Then it could be against the likes of Roma, Feyenoord, Rennes in the round of 16...

Fvck me what a list.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not getting out of this group given the miss match of resources between us and the other teams is a **** up of massive proportions. 

Do not defend it.

I think you're looking for the Shitshow thread ...  this thread is about a competition we haven't played in yet.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Randers

Bodo/Glimt

Partizan Belgrade

PAOK/Slovan Bratislava

The most depressing part is most of those teams would probably beat us over two legs right now 

Tonight was awful, no doubt, and I still wouldn’t be upset at Brendan leaving.

However, without this completion, there could be little left to play for this season in terms of European football now and in the future.

Whilst I will have little satisfaction of winning this thing, the prospect of gaining a Europa League spot from doing so is MASSIVE. We really don’t want a team full of players who want to leave at the end of the season, because we’ve made zero progress.

• Like 1

A poor performance. Rodgers must take responsibility for being too scared to drop Schmeichel, Soyancu and Castagne. I would rather see U23 players than let these three have the arrogance of thinking they can't be dropped. this is Rodgers Achilles heel. We buy Vestergard and he won't play him, but I think me at 62 could give Evans and Soyancu and decent race over 20 yards for the ball and I have a brace on my knee. With Xmas coming I hope the Leicester players donate some of their wages to charity because most of them didn't earn there pay tonight, and I include Rodgers in that!!