Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m confident in PSV. Roma will be a bigger challenge - especially away from home.

Roma can be very up and down. I would be totally writing off Bodo Glimt with how they they have played in this competition. I mean they beat Roma 6-1 at home in the group stage. 

Something tells me that Marseille have their name on the trophy.  Football is a funny old game and Marseille were the first team to win the Champions League in 1993, the probably have the easiest route to the final of the Conference in its first season.  Hope I'm wrong as I'd love us to win it.  If we played them you know that Under would score.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Roma can be very up and down. I would be totally writing off Bodo Glimt with how they they have played in this competition. I mean they beat Roma 6-1 at home in the group stage. 

True.

We shouldn’t be too confident either way. My heart was beating out of my chest for the last 10 mins last night hahaha

Just now, nnfox said:

Something tells me that Marseille have their name on the trophy.  Football is a funny old game and Marseille were the first team to win the Champions League in 1993, the probably have the easiest route to the final of the Conference in its first season.  Hope I'm wrong as I'd love us to win it.  If we played them you know that Under would score.

100% under scores if we play them, think he has like 14 goal contributions this season for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

True.

We shouldn’t be too confident either way. My heart was beating out of my chest for the last 10 mins last night hahaha

Yeah at this stage no team should be taken lightly but that includes Leicester as well. It's really quite an exciting competition where it feels like there are no favourites. 

Eran Zahavi - Israel's all-time top scorer; Mario Gotze - scored winner in World Cup final; Cody Gakpo - Holland's next big thing

Going to be tough keeping those three out not to mention Noni Madueke.

But we've got Fofana back, which should help.

Like Rennes, I imagine it'll be 50/50

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Perhaps Fofana would score against him home town team

1 minute ago, The boy Linacre said:

Is that a researched number??  Hope its that high, as All STH currently and would go that far I think.

Any supporting evidence on ticket allocation?

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

PSV Eindhoven v Spurs

UEFA Champions League group stage
Wednesday 24 October, 2018
Kick-off 5.55pm (UK)
Allocation: 1,625

Price: £54.00

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/september/psv-v-spurs-ticket-news/

4 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Tough but exciting draw. Cannot complain if we can beat PSV, then Bodo/Glimt or Roma and the likelihood of Feyenoord or Marseille a final. That would be an awesome cup run.

Considering its the Johnstone's Paints Trophy etc. there are some real quality European names in it, so much for attracting/incentivising different countries teams.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

We got past two teams in the last two rounds who we should have beat. Now its time to enjoy the ride in the latter stages because most teams left in it have proper European pedigree. No more talk of 'must win' or Brendan Out if we go out. Just enjoy it and back the lads.

When you think we went donkeys years without a sniff of European competition I still enjoy the prospect of playing these different clubs from various countries. Particularly with teams like PSV with their pedigree  

• Like 4