Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

3 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

That’s true, if we can get a result in the home fixture, they may have one eye on the cup final on the 17th. 

*we play in Eindhoven on the 14th 

At this point, do we know the kick off times yet?  Same as Rennes e.g. 8pm @ home, 5.45pm Away or something else??

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I quite like having the home game first, win your home game and then go out there and try and pick them off.

Especially when you consider in 18 home European ties in our history we have only lost twice at home Atlético Madrid 97/98 and Slavia Prague 20/21.

Although our Europa league campaign wasn't good it been a good learning experience.  

• Like 3

We’ve won the last two European ties in which we were at home first (Rennes, Randers) and lost the last two when we were at home second (Slavia, Atletico)

So there is no disadvantage in terms of results.

The big downside though is that we won’t have another momentous qualification-clinching night at the King Power like we had against Sevilla (or like West Ham had v the same opponents last night). Which is a shame.

I’m not sure why in the quarter finals of a European competition, people are expecting an easy draw. The only real favourable one you’d look at would be PAOK but still. 

• Like 2

At the time the round of 16 was drawn, Rennes were the highest ranked of the 16 clubs by fivethirtyeight.  And as of today, PSV is by far the highest rated among the eight, and they are certainly the in the best form, undefeated for the last month and a half.

And -- again -- away leg second.  :thumbdown:  We caught a walkover v Randers, but the last two draws have been tough.

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

0cy9lemli5o81.png

Oh wow so even if we beat PSV, we could get Roma or the team that thrashed them 6-1 in the group stages to follow, followed by Marseille or Feyenoord in the final. Brilliant I say! Win that and you properly deserve a European trophy.

I hope we can do it!

Slavia Praha in the final would be soooooo good!

My understanding -- and I could be wrong -- is that no country can have more than seven teams in Europe. Is that right?

So if -- no jinxes -- we win this; West Ham win Europa League, and, let's say Palace (or any of the other not Big 6 teams) win the FA Cup, I think that would mean Top 4+ West Ham would be in Champions League and Palace and us in Europa League, and no English team in the Conference League. I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phoxy said:

Hello everybody nice to meet you I have a lot of respect for Leicester city and i'm a fan of PSV. I think Leicester is a great club with great players like the speedy Jaimy Vardy who came from far to reach the impossible and even won the legendary Premiership a couple of seasons ago. 

I'm looking forward to these games and I think its a very difficult but beautiful oppertunity for us. I hear the season isn't going to great with ranked 12th  but I think the Premiership is the most difficult and competitive league to play in since not only just a few clubs have enormous budgets. It's a prestigious competition where we look up to.

Nonetheless it's hard to say who makes the most chance but as a fellow soccer fan I want to wish you all the best, good luck and may the best win, Phoxy

Welcome! I've always had a lot of admiration for your club, just something cool about what you've produced over the years. It's a shame I'll struggle to get over to Eindhoven for the away leg but will be at the home game.

Big fan of your midfield and attack. Gakpo, Sangare and Madueke would all be big players in the PL, plus several more of yours.

Out of interest, Schmidt announcing he is leaving after this season doesn't seem to have effected your team? What's your view on that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoxy said:

Hello everybody nice to meet you I have a lot of respect for Leicester city and i'm a fan of PSV. I think Leicester is a great club with great players like the speedy Jaimy Vardy who came from far to reach the impossible and even won the legendary Premiership a couple of seasons ago. 

I'm looking forward to these games and I think its a very difficult but beautiful oppertunity for us. I hear the season isn't going to great with ranked 12th  but I think the Premiership is the most difficult and competitive league to play in since not only just a few clubs have enormous budgets. It's a prestigious competition where we look up to.

Nonetheless it's hard to say who makes the most chance but as a fellow soccer fan I want to wish you all the best, good luck and may the best win, Phoxy

Hi Phoxy and welcome. It should be a great quarter final, between 2 fairly evenly matched teams I would have thought, similar to our Rennes match up. You have some really talented young attacking players, so it should make for an exciting fixture hopefully. 

What are your thoughts on this competition? Will PSV be focusing on this competition, or more on the Eredivisie or the KNVB Cup final do you think? 

Hoping for any edge we can get… :scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

This is in our hands. No real excuse for not winning this competition. Look at the other squads in it and tell me ours isn’t the best with any real conviction. If we turn up and do what we all know we can, we’ve got this! 

626578818_OptimistofFear.JPG.df07cbedfac15f5dfa8dce653fc226e0.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Given how close PSV are to Ajax (2 pts behind them) is there a chance they may be more focused on the Eredivisie this season? 

Quite possible as I believe the winners of the Dutch League now go straight into the UCL Group stage.

• Like 2