Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Only because the "conference" is the name of a lower this in this country. That's not the case for the rest of Europe and they shouldn't be changing it just for us.

Would rather they called it the Europa milk cup.  

This trophy has been great. 

It may have been largely ridiculed in this country, however no one can now argue these are the games that we’re looking forward to now.

Slightly snobby of the Premier League to look down on these competitions. it would be great to see an English sweep across Europe though. Us, West Ham

and Man City / Liverpool. Confirming that the EPL is the Super League. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we get to the final... 

3000 free tickets given to each club. Presumably on top of the allocation each club will get as standard! 

decent that tbf!

We need people who will get behind the boys and be loud, not Jane who has been a season ticket holder since 1842. 

If you get what I mean. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

decent that tbf!

We need people who will get behind the boys and be loud, not Jane who has been a season ticket holder since 1842. 

If you get what I mean. 

I've already seen a few on Twitter lambasted and criticising this. Some genuinely will never be pleased. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've already seen a few on Twitter lambasted and criticising this. Some genuinely will never be pleased. 

It's great for the club, 3000 extra tickets regardless of who goes adds some much needed volume and atmosphere. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Easy to be suspicious given the huge PR own goals our club have made with ticketing and general handling of away games and European stuff. If it is as has been alluded then it's brilliant. Pretty much all those who have followed us in Europe will likely get a free ticket + many others who go to a lot of away games.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

3000 free tickets given to each club. Presumably on top of the allocation each club will get as standard! 

This was highlighted a few months ago. Uefa are doing the same for the other two finals, 3k free tickets for each club. Genuinely baffled as to why but won’t argue. For this final, I imagine they don’t expect to sell out. I have flights and hotel booked so will likely attend either way 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Easy to be suspicious given the huge PR own goals our club have made with ticketing and general handling of away games and European stuff. If it is as has been alluded then it's brilliant. Pretty much all those who have followed us in Europe will likely get a free ticket + many others who go to a lot of away games.

It's not a club decision so they shouldn't even be brought into it? This is UEFA's allocation to the club. Not sure why free stuff is met with so much cynicism. People in general are far too cynical and it shows. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I read it as part of the allocation to be honest - given the stadium only holds 22k - I can foresee an allocation of 5k. As a rule with UEFA Cup Finals, approx half of the stadiums goes to the fans of each club, so 25% of the stadium. 

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This was highlighted a few months ago. Uefa are doing the same for the other two finals, 3k free tickets for each club. Genuinely baffled as to why but won’t argue. For this final, I imagine they don’t expect to sell out. I have flights and hotel booked so will likely attend either way 

It's apparently a gesture of good will in consideration of COVID 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not a club decision so they shouldn't even be brought into it? This is UEFA's allocation to the club. Not sure why free stuff is met with so much cynicism. People in general are far too cynical and it shows. 

And how would UEFA implement that without the club being involved? Cynicism I can understand but hopefully there's enough in this for people not to be.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And how would UEFA implement that without the club being involved? Cynicism I can understand but hopefully there's enough in this for people not to be.

Well yeah the club is involved but UEFA's ultimate decision...? 

54 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

It's great for the club, 3000 extra tickets regardless of who goes adds some much needed volume and atmosphere. 

Well yeah, but the club will do everything in their power to avoid giving the tickets to white working class men aged between 17 and 55. That demographic is club's worst nightmare. 

I fully epxect to see 3000 mobility scooters in that section, kinda like a weird female pension quadrophenia (one for the oldies that!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I think he may mean it will be up to the club to decide where the 3k tickets will go. They will probably do the easy thing and give it to the top points holders, meaning those that comment on every away game ticket thread saying 'can get two tickets for this if anyone is interested' to boost their points toll will have first dibs on free tickets to a European final, over those who have spent the time and money supporting the team in Europe.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well yeah, but the club will do everything in their power to avoid giving the tickets to white working class men aged between 17 and 55. That demographic is club's worst nightmare. 

I fully epxect to see 3000 mobility scooters in that section, kinda like a weird female pension quadrophenia (one for the oldies that!)

Yeah exactly that 🤣 that was my first point when I saw the news, the club hate a raucous atmosphere. 

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Hahahah imagining 3k Leicester mobility scooter ultras facing off against 3k feyenoord ultras filming themselves ‘taking Albania’ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Each club get 6000. 3000 of them are free to the people going with the most points. The other 3000 have to pay. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Each club get 6000. 3000 of them are free to the people going with the most points. The other 3000 have to pay. 

That will be chaos.

Edit that being said travel looks honking for the final so no idea if we take 'that' many with out Fox Travel Airlines or Sport Options flights.

Edited by SemperEadem

2 hours ago, Jabfox said:

decent that tbf!

If you get what I mean. 

Yes, you're being ageist.

What tests would you bring in to ensure that everyone supports the team vocally?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think he may mean it will be up to the club to decide where the 3k tickets will go. They will probably do the easy thing and give it to the top points holders, meaning those that comment on every away game ticket thread saying 'can get two tickets for this if anyone is interested' to boost their points toll will have first dibs on free tickets to a European final, over those who have spent the time and money supporting the team in Europe.

How else would you do it?

3000 split between those who have attended all European games? That'll be a grand total of a few hundred (if you exclude Moscow).

Really don't see a fair way of doing it, I've only been to the one European away game this season but I have 476 points, where would I fit in?

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

That will be chaos.

Edit that being said travel looks honking for the final so no idea if we take 'that' many with out Fox Travel Airlines or Sport Options flights.

Have we knocked out PSV and Roma?