Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

24 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How else would you do it?

3000 split between those who have attended all European games? That'll be a grand total of a few hundred (if you exclude Moscow).

Really don't see a fair way of doing it, I've only been to the one European away game this season but I have 476 points, where would I fit in?

Yeh, sliding scale of priority from those who have attended all 6 european away games down to 1. That will probably be 3k people anyway. You would be at the bottom of my priority list, unless you of course go to Roma in the semi as well.

You're on 476 points so not disputing you are v loyal and have done the hard yards, and you get rewarded for that in many ways, but i do think my way is fairest in this instance.

Edit - of course there is an element of selfishness in this before anyone points that out, I've done Moscow, randers, rennes and will do the semi and obvs want my free ticket.

Edited by grobyfox1990

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not yet. This game is on ´´grass´´.  May make a difference.

Apparently Roma have offered them a artificial pitch to train on tomorrow night. You have got love Jose:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh, sliding scale of priority from those who have attended all 6 european away games down to 1. That will probably be 3k people anyway. You would be at the bottom of my priority list, unless you of course go to Roma in the semi as well.

You're on 476 points so not disputing you are v loyal and have done the hard yards, and you get rewarded for that in many ways, but i do think my way is fairest in this instance.

We haven't taken more than 1200 away to a game so far have we?

It's the same people that go to all the games, I doubt that there are more than 1000 (at most) who have been to every away game (you need to exclude Moscow or we're down to 25).

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Also a bit late in the day to start changing the way tickets are dished out.

How exactly do I get rewarded in many ways?

I get the chance to buy a ticket before others who haven't put in the hard yards, think that's it.

Edited by hackneyfox

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

That will be chaos.

Edit that being said travel looks honking for the final so no idea if we take 'that' many with out Fox Travel Airlines or Sport Options flights.

The flights we’ve booked have gone down to £115 now Wizzair Luton Tues-Thurs 

👀

bargain 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

It's the same people that go to all the games, I doubt that there are more than 1000 (at most) who have been to every away game (you need to exclude Moscow or we're down to 25).

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Also a bit late in the day to start changing the way tickets are dished out.

No that’s what I mean. So on my sliding scale I reckon everyone who’s attended atleast one European away will get a free ticket. Randers was only 600 allocation.

it’s not late in the day. We’re still only in the quarter final lol. We will only become eligible for this one off offer, and therefore decide on how to use it, on may 6 at the earliest. 

55 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Yes, you're being ageist.

What tests would you bring in to ensure that everyone supports the team vocally?

My apologies if I have offended, I think it would be hard to measure that but from experience of going to the majority of home and away games in the last 10 years I find a lot of The 50+ age group are happy to sit in silence whereas the 'younger' crowd are more than happy to sing for the duration of the match which in turns does have a positive impact on the players. 

But I appreciate your comment. 

3 hours ago, Jabfox said:

My apologies if I have offended, I think it would be hard to measure that but from experience of going to the majority of home and away games in the last 10 years I find a lot of The 50+ age group are happy to sit in silence whereas the 'younger' crowd are more than happy to sing for the duration of the match which in turns does have a positive impact on the players. 

But I appreciate your comment. 

Think it has always been like that, when I used to go to matches in the 70s most of the away support was under 30 and similar in the kop end

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

How many thousands rolled up and bought a ticket at the gate in Madrid 2000?

Its not like they are all zimmer frame restricted now

Pretty sure the Blue Army still have the arses if given the seats

4 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

did i dream the dates for the potential semi final being confirmed (e.g. would we be away on the 28th or the 5th - assuming we get through tomorrow!)? swear i saw them … but can’t find anything on it now!

Home is 1st, away leg the week after

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

did i dream the dates for the potential semi final being confirmed (e.g. would we be away on the 28th or the 5th - assuming we get through tomorrow!)? swear i saw them … but can’t find anything on it now!

No, you didn't dream it. Confirmed as 28th and 5th. We'd be home first leg. IF we progress. 

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/news/0271-1424abd46c9b-fd03da5166ff-1000--uefa-europa-conference-league-quarter-final-and-semi-final-draw/