Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

As it stands:

Europa League: Leipzig, Frankfurt, West Ham, Rangers

Conference League: Leicester, Marseille, Roma, Feyenoord/Slavia

It's obvious that Conference League was a big success at least this 1st season. 

It has ended up better than what I though and not just because we are in it. The games have been highly enjoyable and competitive 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Uefa must be absolutely buzzing with themselves. And well earned too. Nations league has worked and now this. Credit where it's due.

Feel the same. Skepticism quickly faded once it got going. The chance for the D-tier teams especially - been incredible seeing Luxembourg rising with regular on-the-level ties in particular - they're on the cusp of being the new Iceland.

I still maintain that we're good enough for the Europa League, looking at the teams in it. But hell, we've got some quality left in this one too.

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It has ended up better than what I though and not just because we are in it. The games have been highly enjoyable and competitive 

The tournament achieves what UEFA wanted - more smaller leagues get to have teams in a group stage, but you will have good match-ups from the R16 on...

• Like 3

Europa Conference League -

1. Roma
2. Marseilles 
3. Feyenoord
4. Leicester City

vs

Europa League -
1. Frankfurt
2. RB Leipzig 
3. Westham United 
4. Braga/Rangers

I actually think the conference league has the traditional bigger and more historic clubs. I also don’t think there is much difference in quality between the two sets of semi finalists.

What a great idea the UECL has turned out to be 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If they'd just ran it back as the Cup Winners Cup from the start it would have had the respect back in August. It was ony ever the Conference part of the name that gave it such a low bar.

This is exactly the point - traditionally we had 3 European trophies, and all were respected.

• Like 2