Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Does anyone know what situation is with VAR

was convinced it wasn’t in comp but what was delay around Maddison’s goal about

There is no VAR in the UECL until the final. The delay was to do with crowd trouble. Didn’t help my heart rate at the time though…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Got to say I don’t like this knowing who you’re playing in the next round before you’ve qualified, part of the excitement of going through to the next round is the cup draw.

American here.  When I first learned about cup competitions, and the draw after each round, I was bemused.  Almost every sport in the US has a fixed playoff structure, and you typically know who you are playing next.

But over time I grew to like the redraw method, and now I prefer it.

Edited by lnkstern
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

We played Napoli earlier in the season who I think are a much better team then Roma. We held our own but just couldn’t defend. 

if we focus and do our jobs properly, there is no reason to fear Roma. I think they’ll come to the KP and in Mourinho style try to frustrate us. We win this game at home. Take our chances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@SeanInRome is gonna fcukin love this gig!!!

Great win tonight and I knew for sure the foxes will be coming to Rome.

Busy weekend with Easter here at the Vatican but i’ll definitely be putting on a bus or two,with some beers and accommodation if needed.

Anyone interested just send me a pm 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Great win tonight and I knew for sure the foxes will be coming to Rome.

Busy weekend with Easter here at the Vatican but i’ll definitely be putting on a bus or two,with some beers and accommodation if needed.

Anyone interested just send me a pm 

Top man

• Like 1

Figured it may come up again as we are now in the semi final.

The prize money from the Europa league and the ECL for getting to the semi final totals c£7.6million.

….if we get to the final it’s another £2.5m and if we were to win then it’s £4m.

For hosting 8 matches to the Roma game  we should average a minimum of  £0.75m per match so that is £6m in revenue at least.

Tv money I think is on top of that but no idea what that is for the ECL.

So we are looking at revenues of c£13.6m with the possibility of a final appearance on top of that.

These are not massive numbers in the context of the clubs total turnover but it all helps.

Note, clearly these numbers are much lower than the CL and the Europa league prize money but hey we are where we are.

Enjoy the ride.

9 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

I'm thinking had we gone out to Randers the consensus would have been "what a tin-pot competition, never wanted to be in it anyway"

And if we win it, then next season "so glad we are not in that tin-pot conference competition, leave it for yanited"

I really enjoyed our League One season and was delighted when we won it, but I have no desire to see us compete in it again.

• Like 2