Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa Conference League Draw & General Chat

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Grow up. 

Who is it embarrassing to? If you getting stick from people you probably deserve it. 

I like our club to move forward after spending 100m on a training ground and so much money on an expansion, but you know let’s just accept mediocre performances… just because it was better than our time in league one 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

A DEADLY double from North Macedonian marksman Eljif Elmas crushed Brendan Rodgers hopes of making it to the last 16 in Europe/Europa - for the SIXTH time in his career.

Despite pulling back a two-goal deficit thanks to first half goals from Jonny Evans and Kiernan Deswsbury-Hall, more sloppiness at the back undid all Leicester's hard work as Elmas put them to the sword in the second half.

(from Thesun)
Edited by erlee

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Why ? ? 

Honestly why wouldn't you want us to be in Europe or do you think we are too good for this ? 

If it is that. Have another look.

We talk about team,Player, managers problems & arrogance....

But our fan base, takes the crown...

So far in Europe, Any season..!! Our Club hadnt done anything to prove we should consistently belong...It underrates the nous of those "smaller" Teams who

Play in Europe every season & their squad qualities. We haven't dome one little thing to prove ours....

There is no buts, our campaigns have Not flown any consistency flags...I

Banging this arrogancy, should be better drum, has not yet cut any Football respect cake...

Each time we have had the odd player, that might be mentioned in dispatches, there us not One  that has proved Any European potential...,!!

Where FT gets Off to even dare post any other organisation or teams level, takes arrogant-Audacity to another level. We havent earnt diddly-squat..

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We talk about team,Player, managers problems & arrogance....

But our fan base, takes the crown...

So far in Europe, Any season..!! Our Club hadnt done anything to prove we should consistently belong...It underrates the nous of those "smaller" Teams who

Play in Europe every season & their squad qualities. We haven't dome one little thing to prove ours....

There is no buts, our campaigns have Not flown any consistency flags...I

Banging this arrogancy, should be better drum, has not yet cut any Football respect cake...

Each time we have had the odd player, that might be mentioned in dispatches, there us not One  that has proved Any European potential...,!!

Where FT gets Off to even dare post any other organisation or teams level, takes arrogant-Audacity to another level. We havent earnt diddly-squat..

Let’s just settle for second best then, because history says so… forget about the money invested into the training ground and stadium expansion.. let’s be happy, and grateful we are playing at this level, forget about improving 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Let’s just settle for second best then, because history says so… forget about the money invested into the training ground and stadium expansion.. let’s be happy, and grateful we are playing at this level, forget about improving 

No ambition, asspiration should show,..

But this fanbase keeps telling itself, how Good 'we are'..and how crap the Teams that eventually Beat us are not..!!

Just now, fuchsntf said:

No ambition, asspiration should show,..

But this fanbase keeps telling itself, how Good 'we are'..and how crap the Teams that eventually Beat us are not..!!

I can tell you our team is better than the rubbish I see at the back, Don’t you agree? look it is league one defence in my view 

34 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can tell you our team is better than the rubbish I see at the back, Don’t you agree? look it is league one defence in my view 

So we are then not Good enough..??  Defence here or there, We are also Not converting our good chances..

The team, the players for all different reasons have struggled for One Year now...

We arent has Good as this forum will have us...over One Year of These performances,we cant Hide after 40+ games results...

We had a Great FA.cup run...like the old adhege, results /performances dont lie...I

and I am the, optimist, the Defender of all aspirations, an Happy clapper.. Again we haven t learnt nor have we earnt as a team, nor fanbase..

Rubbish has been a longwhile companion....

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So we are then not Good enough..??  Defence here or there, We are also Not converting our good chances..

The team, the players for all different reasons have struggled for One Year now...

We arent has Good as this forum will have us...over One Year of These performances,we cant Hide after 40+ games results...

We had a Great FA.cup run...like the old adhege, results /performances dont lie...I

and I am the, optimist, the Defender of all aspirations, an Happy clapper.. Again we haven t learnt nor have we earnt as a team, nor fanbase..

Rubbish has been a longwhile companion....

Honestly, I have no issue with the chances we create… my problem is the school boy errors at the back and these are repeated every week every game 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Funny how some fans have a go at Rodgers for not knowing what the competition is, yet plenty of fans here don't even want to be in the competition. 

So who's arrogant now? 

Yeah it's shit to drop down into it given we should really be qualifying from the EL group, but let's not turn our noses up at this competition. It's not below us. Let's not be that side that becomes actively cheering opposition goals or losing games in this Cup just to be out of it. That in itself brings about a bad attitude in the ground irrespective of what's going on elsewhere.

Oh come on, you can't defend him for that comment, it really is inexplicably stupid.

I'm a big Rodgers fan but his comments last night are just plain dumb.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Oh come on, you can't defend him for that comment, it really is inexplicably stupid.

I'm a big Rodgers fan but his comments last night are just plain dumb.

Mate, I'm not defending him for the comment. 

I don't like it. My point is that fans aren't any better to criticise him then show the same disdain for the competition anyway...? 

Just to be clear, I'm not happy with the comment Rodgers made last night. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Mate, I'm not defending him for the comment. 

I don't like it. My point is that fans aren't any better to criticise him then show the same disdain for the competition anyway...? 

Just to be clear, I'm not happy with the comment Rodgers made last night. 

Agree as a club we can't turn our nose up at European football.

In half a season it feels like we've undone two years of sustained success. Massively disappointing.

out of interest what was so bad about what he said?

Of course he knows there is a Euro Conf cup but Like most things on this forum everything is taken literally.

Its a brand new competition that he’s never took part in and doesn’t probably know the structure, the flow, the teams in it etc

if I’m honest, I don’t as we weren’t in it so I don’t know if it’s a league format or home / away leg and out structure & why should I have cared until now and it’s only now I will look to see what it’s about.

Why do people make mountains out of molehills?

Rodgers was just making out that his focus was on the Europa League and hasn't even thought about the other competition and wasnt contemplating being in it. Do people really think he isn't aware of it? 

It's just confused comments from a man starting to feel the pressure and epitomises the last few weeks. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Will this be just a 2-legged knockout tournament? When does it start? Hopefully the pain won't last too long and we can get out ASAP. Not sure if anyone will turn up for the home leg. 

Yes, 2-legged matches to the final from here. Playoff late Feb, Last 16 March, QF April, SF May then final in May.