Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Raised by UFS as a topic at the next FCC. Let's see if it gets addressed...

Would be good to see minutes shared of the meeting and what the club are truly feeling about safe standing singing section. 

The atmosphere at home has been an ongoing issue for years (title winning season aside) 

The club throughout all of this time have never really got behind trying to improve the atmosphere. 

In my opinion as long as they have 32000 bums on seats they are happy to dish out clappers and pump crowd noise into the stadium. 

It's a shame because if they backed UFS then they really could create something special. Instead both the club and UFS just seem to be banging heads constantly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Club go out their way to make sure certain elements of the fan base are accommodated at away games in terms of tickets, seats together even to the extent of blocking out areas. Why would they not be willing to do the same to try and help the people who will sing? Can not think of how this would be a negative for the club? Things need changing and fast. 

The way it is now and due to ticket brackets etc it’s not possible for large areas to be full of like minded people. At a lot of clubs this isn’t an issue because the majority have the same mindset but at ours it is imperative as the majority don’t want to know. 

The only possible argument you could've made for it, and I never agreed anyway, was to keep a lid on trouble. Well that clearly hasn't worked either.

Convinced we're in a quite unique scenario. I am convinced the club actively spoil the atmosphere.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lee7 said:

The atmosphere at home has been an ongoing issue for years (title winning season aside) 

The club throughout all of this time have never really got behind trying to improve the atmosphere. 

In my opinion as long as they have 32000 bums on seats they are happy to dish out clappers and pump crowd noise into the stadium. 

It's a shame because if they backed UFS then they really could create something special. Instead both the club and UFS just seem to be banging heads constantly. 

I know some people find it cringey- but i like how Crystal Palace have embraced their fans wanting to create atmosphere. Yes sometimes their displays get the wrong reaction- but least their club doesn’t seem to have too much of a control over it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

I know some people find it cringey- but i like how Crystal Palace have embraced their fans wanting to create atmosphere. Yes sometimes their displays get the wrong reaction- but least their club doesn’t seem to have too much of a control over it

I would agree. Obviously looking in from a far they are afforded far more creative license with their displays than we recently have been given here.

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

Has their been any reason given for the additional security presence on SK1 this season? 

Noticeable how they don’t put extra stewards on the gangways in the away end too.

I asked one of the newer Steward Supervisors why at the 2nd game it'd happened to be told "its our stadium, we can go where we want" 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I asked one of the newer Steward Supervisors why at the 2nd game it'd happened to be told "its our stadium, we can go where we want" 

If it’s the bald Asian guy he’s an absolute weapon. 

He was there yesterday stewarding in the away end for some reason. Does that usually happen at aways? First time I’ve seen it

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

He was there yesterday stewarding in the away end for some reason. Does that usually happen at aways? First time I’ve seen it

Aye I clocked him yesterday too. I have not seen us take our stewards away from home before either.

At the Watford cup game the stewarding that day in SK1 led by him I believe was different in feeling to normal. Felt a lot more aggressive and dictator like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

Yeah him, he's never really been in SK1 before then but definitely dry cleans his jacket at his own expense. Shame really as the stewards who have generally worked in that area have always been great lads. 

9 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

That's actually bizarre, so our club were trying to steward our away end..

Obviously its normal for Leics police to follow us everywhere but I don't get why they wouldn't just leave it up to Forest's stewards. Only thing I can think of is they just wanted more muscle and couldn't get the police recourse. Too busy probably filming lads drinking in a pub.

4 minutes ago, ren said:

That's actually bizarre, so our club were trying to steward our away end..

Obviously its normal for Leics police to follow us everywhere but I don't get why they wouldn't just leave it up to Forest's stewards. Only thing I can think of is they just wanted more muscle and couldn't get the police recourse. Too busy probably filming lads drinking in a pub.

The guy who’s at the bottom of L Block was stewarding in the away end too yesterday 

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

Genuinely interested to know. Why do these UFS chaps seem to get such a mixed reception from parts of your fan base?