Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

18 minutes ago, uReds said:

Genuinely interested to know. Why do these UFS chaps seem to get such a mixed reception from parts of your fan base?

Because it’s not for everybody. 

They will be the first to admit they’ve made some errors of judgement or whatever. 

What I will say is that at least they’re dedicated to try and improve our atmosphere. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I fail to understand why a club wouldn't want to create a hostile atmosphere for visiting players. Whipping the crowd up helps you gain momentum.  You could see it yesterday & unfortunately for us yesterdays match was the perfect example, every misplaced pass our players made was cheered and our players buckled in that atmosphere it helped forest gain an advantage on the field. 

It all starts with the pre match music and the atmosphere builds from then on. 

Theatre. Starts and finishes when we say. 

25 minutes ago, uReds said:

Genuinely interested to know. Why do these UFS chaps seem to get such a mixed reception from parts of your fan base?

They try to be different which is often met with skepticism. Maybe they've gone about things in the wrong way before too?

But they are trying to do something at a club which is actively trying to sanitise everything about the match- clappers, deafening goal music. Fans have got comfortable and aren't encouraged to really contribute.

UFS do far more positive than negative.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, uReds said:

I really can't answer that as i am not a member of UFS. I just choose to stand there when i can get tickets as i like to show my support vocally. 

In my opinion it's brilliant what they are trying to achieve and with a little support from the club they could really help improve the atmosphere on a massive scale. For some reason they just don't seem like everyone's cup of tea. 

We have a lot of fans that i genuinely think would prefer to sit in silence and only raise their voices to boo.

Edited by lee7

22 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I fail to understand why a club wouldn't want to create a hostile atmosphere for visiting players. Whipping the crowd up helps you gain momentum.  You could see it yesterday & unfortunately for us yesterdays match was the perfect example, every misplaced pass our players made was cheered and our players buckled in that atmosphere it helped forest gain an advantage on the field. 

Not seen them up for a game as much as yesterday for a long time. 

They had lads standing in all 4 stands etc

For all the tedious rivalry BS us winning the lot would have hurt them in a way it would never bother Derby or Cov (largely down to how they see themselves) and getting one over us was massive to them

21 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Not seen them up for a game as much as yesterday for a long time. 

They had lads standing in all 4 stands etc

For all the tedious rivalry BS us winning the lot would have hurt them in a way it would never bother Derby or Cov (largely down to how they see themselves) and getting one over us was massive to them

Few years ago would have agreed with you on this regarding the standing but overall atmosphere and attendances last few years has been loads better and each end seems to join in more than they have historically. Pretty much since we got shot on Fawaz and the goal music. 

that said yesterday was indeed a big occasion for us. 

1 hour ago, uReds said:

1. Our singing stops them sleeping through the game. 2. We drown out the clappers and goal music. 3. We are trouble making yobs. 4. Kids of our age should be in the family stand with our mums and dads. (If you don't know me, no.4 is a joke)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lee7 said:

The atmosphere at home has been an ongoing issue for years (title winning season aside) 

The club throughout all of this time have never really got behind trying to improve the atmosphere. 

In my opinion as long as they have 32000 bums on seats they are happy to dish out clappers and pump crowd noise into the stadium. 

It's a shame because if they backed UFS then they really could create something special. Instead both the club and UFS just seem to be banging heads constantly. 

Some great matches for atmosphere in the title season of course there was but my god during that last 10 games of the season before, the great escape, the place was bouncing. I miss them atmospheres so much now. 

Really do think without UFS the place would be dead, at least they try and create something. 

• Like 1

An atmosphere can never be made artificially. Of course Forest were great yesterday - they are on an upward curve and they were playing against the holders/local rivals/premier league opposition. You can be sure that the atmosphere was not like that during the first few matches under Hughton. Our problem is that we have won the league and the FA Cup and are currently going backwards so there is nothing to get excited about. If we end up in a relegation dogfight or start well next season we will have something to fight for again and the atmosphere will improve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I actually felt jealous of Forest yesterday.

Good pubs, organic atmosphere, no goal music/clappers, a club anthem, three stands singing, no daft shit like cover bands or bouncycastles outside the stadium and an actual willingness to get behind their team. 

That’s without mentioning the game. 

I agree , and when they were singing all stands were in sync . At the Kp L1 can be singing one thing and the kop another . Main reason being that L1 cannot hear the Kop and likewise the other way round . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Good pubs, organic atmosphere, no goal music/clappers, a club anthem, three stands singing, no daft shit like cover bands or bouncycastles outside the stadium and an actual willingness to get behind their team. 

Made it sting that bit more, depressing what we’ve become in comparison, their club seems to embrace and encourage the atmosphere, ours doesn’t and wants something else entirely. 

• Like 2

Just now, Yes said:

Made it sting that bit more, depressing what we’ve become in comparison, their club seems to embrace and encourage the atmosphere, ours doesn’t and wants something else entirely. 

Our atmosphere is so sanitised- it’s actually quite sad when you think about it. We have no identity or anything

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Our atmosphere is so sanitised- it’s actually quite sad when you think about it. We have no identity or anything

Couldn't agree more. The Premier League is eating itself. It's becoming soulless, a boring brand of hype & tv rights generally. 

I have Sky/BT, so am probably part of the problem funnily enough. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

This proves my point - they didn’t need all the artificial stuff. Personally I have no problem with the things we put on outside the stadium, I’m sure it adds to the occasion for some people and has no bearing on the atmosphere inside. I would like them to experiment without the clappers/goal music/loud music before kick off to see how it changes the atmosphere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

Pre match music was a million times better on Sunday than the crap our club comes up with.

• Like 1