Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

I think last night highlighted why we can’t have two sections of the ground as the ‘noisy’ sections as you just have a wall of silence in between.

L1 was decent last night but you could tell it was only the few hundred in there singing most of the time.

For me, we need something similar to Derby or Middlesborough and have the whole north stand as a standing section.

Also, while the PSV fans were on the whole noisier and sung more consistently, their chants were horrific, as generic as they come. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Weird, I sat right at the front in the west stand, and although there wasn't loads of singing immediately around us (there never is in the west stand, as far as I can tell) I would say the atmosphere overall was good - SK1 and L sounded great. PSV supporters were bloody loud as well. 

I have been to many league games where the support has been shamefully weak, especially this year, but I'm baffled by the comments about last night. Maybe its how sound travels? 

I think you have to factor in the occasion to what people are basing the atmosphere on.

If that was a fairly dud league game I’d say the atmosphere was very good, for a European quarter final it was fairly average at best. 

I thought it was OK in patches but no where near the levels of Rennes. Think it's confirmed for me that if there's no assistance from the club facilitating some kind of dedicated area post expansion, there's very little point in trying to continuing to improve things the way they are. More atrocious stewarding in SK1 again as previously mentioned and M1 are absolutely hilarious. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

Sat in SK4 for the first time ever (usually always sat in the Kop) and wow...didn't realise just how quiet and dead it was that side of the ground..! Also didn't realise just how quiet the kop and L1 sounds. Sounds pretty loud when your stuck right in it lol. The club definitely needs to do something about getting the two loudest groups of fans as close together. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Sat in SK4 for the first time ever (usually always sat in the Kop) and wow...didn't realise just how quiet and dead it was that side of the ground..! Also didn't realise just how quiet the kop and L1 sounds. Sounds pretty loud when your stuck right in it lol. The club definitely needs to do something about getting the two loudest groups of fans as close together. 

Tbf it's difficult to get much going in SK4 when entire rows spend more time in the concourse or swapping seats that actually watching the game. 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know what was going on with the stewards last night in SK1? Seen them chuck a few lads out and they just seemed to be on one.

You don't see it anywhere else in the ground, certainly not the away end.

Chucking lads out and belittling others, pure power trip mode.

• Like 2

We really need to stop with the concessions tickets. I don't mind kids and the elderly coming if they contribute to the atmosphere but if they want to come they should pay more and not less.

Kids season tickets a grand

Pensioners 5 grand

Aged 18-55 £100

• Haha 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Wr really need to stop with the concessions tickets. I don't mind kids and the elderly coming if they contribute to the atmosphere but if they want to come they should pay more and not less.

Pensioners 5 grand

Aged 18-55 £100

This - permanent ban from all away games for under 17s and over 70s as well, no exceptions.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We really need to stop with the concessions tickets. I don't mind kids and the elderly coming if they contribute to the atmosphere but if they want to come they should pay more and not less.

Pensioners 5 grand

Aged 18-55 £100

Mmm, just one small area will do.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This - permanent ban from all away games for under 17s and over 70s as well, no exceptions.

And when you're over 70....still in good health and Leicester reach the Champions League Final for the first time in your life and you are offered a ticket you're gonna be happy to just pass it over to someone else?

Stewarding in SK1 was of the lowest order possible yesterday. Heskey's brother the only one with an ounce of sense. Asking people in their seats not in the aisles to show tickets and if they haven't got then then 'come with me'. Was like they had been instructed to be a nuisance in there. Something needs to be done. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s very rare you can…. But as @Dan LCFC alluded to it’s got to be noise not travelling. The amount of times people from their respective sections say it was good and others were like nah couldn’t hear is ridiculous. Couldn’t go last night as had to stay in with my son. Didn’t sound great on the tv at all. 

Yep I was sat in the West stand, about half way into the Kop half of the pitch and I didn't hear SK1. My usual seats are in a similar spot on the East stand and I don't really hear them much there either.

L1 is still the biggest and loudest singing section in the ground. 

Surprised at how quiet PSV were. Lots of waving about, jumping and clapping but their actual noise was quite poor (Still much louder than we were).

Ultimately, as always, the atmosphere will carry out for 10-15 minutes and if the players aren't playing well then the atmosphere dies out. It's always been this way in the King Power.

• Like 1

All I can say is, thank god some of the people near me yesterday aren't season ticket holders/regulars. Won't get involved in anything remotely supportive of the team but will happily moan all game. Can we please get a singing section back again so I don't have to be surrounded by fans hurling abuse non-stop at the next one.

• Like 1

It was disappointing last night considering it was only our second ever European quarter final. Sevilla and Atletico were two of the best atmospheres I’ve ever experienced at the KP. I appreciate that was the champions league but we were nowhere near that level.  

It’s one of the reasons I enjoy away games more than home games these days. I’m a member based in the north so for me the ticket price for an away game is less than for a home game, the travel is often less expensive and I enjoy the day more. I hate admitting that I don’t enjoy my trips home to the KP as much as other grounds while supporting the foxes, but it’s where I’m at of late. A massive shame really. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1