Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Just now, Babylon said:

"People left early"

So ****ing what? Bloke next to me comes up from south of London, by car every single week. If we are winning 4-0 and he wants to sneak off early to probably save himself 60 minutes on a drive home, who gives a shit. 

Nah Babs, don't get sucked into the leaving early debate. That's a red herring and not something that people can control. That crap has been happening for decades, as if people didn't leave early in the 70s, 80s, 90's and 00's lol.

The goal music and the sheer volume is my biggest pet peeve at the minute. We've done the clappers crap, but the music. It's so loud. I genuinely struggled yesterday not to celebrate the goals by joining in with it. It takes over your whole brain and being. It tries to hijack your response to a goal because it dominates the ears.

I also noticed the increase in stewards yesterday, one came to the back of SK3 to just stand there and admire the game. Seems strange. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Come on. There are thousands heading out every week, no matter what's going on on the pitch. Most of them don't have an excuse like that.

I do wonder what the players must think when they see it.

They don't need an excuse, they are free to do whatever they want. If I drive (which is rare admittedly) I will leave early, because it saves about 40 minutes and I live in bloody Wigston and I'd rather get home to my son rather than sit in traffic. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Nah Babs, don't get sucked into the leaving early debate. That's a red herring and not something that people can control. That crap has been happening for decades, as if people didn't leave early in the 70s, 80s, 90's and 00's lol.

The goal music and the sheer volume is my biggest pet peeve at the minute. We've done the clappers crap, but the music. It's so loud. I genuinely struggled yesterday not to celebrate the goals by joining in with it. It takes over your whole brain and being. It tries to hijack your response to a goal because it dominates the ears.

I also noticed the increase in stewards yesterday, one came to the back of SK3 to just stand there and admire the game. Seems strange. 

First thing I said when I got to my seat was "what the **** is going on with the sound", I had to repeat myself because my mate couldn't hear me. Literally having to shout at the top of your voice so someone 20 cm away can hear you is laughable. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

First thing I said when I got to my seat was "what the **** is going on with the sound", I had to repeat myself because my mate couldn't hear me. Literally having to shout at the top of your voice so someone 20 cm away can hear you is laughable. 

You must be fun at parties

12 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Couple of things I’ve noticed post-lockdown that I hope are not here to stay:

1) We’re now getting frisked down at the entrance to L1 every match. I’ve been there since 2008 so why now do I need checking upon entry when I have never previously been?

2) No live playing of the post horn gallop - something that was truly unique and traditional for us

I highly suspect the club will use Covid to make both of these two things the norm, but interesting to hear that there are also harsher crowd control measures being implemented in SK1. Our club has to be one of the worst for showing an active distaste for a certain demographic of the supporter base.

As for the atmosphere, I think it’s a few things. We’ve seen such highs in recent years that it all feels a bit bland for your run of the mill Premier League fixtures. The performances of the team have been a bit languid. Areas that were previously loud have been infiltrated with those types referenced in here (want to stand in the ‘right area’ but spend the game on their phone). And, finally, our chant book has become horrendous - ‘Vichai Had A Dream’ is one of the only popular chants in recent years and has now become a slow drone and, as much as Union FS do an incredible job, some of their chants are European style rip-offs that the majority are not going to join in with.

There’s only one solution. Safe-standing in the north stand and get SK1 and L1 together in there next to the away end.

I'd imagine given what the club are pushing even if safe standing was allowed we'd never have it.

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Last match I went to I left at half time. It was that or get into an altercation with the handful of exceptionally annoying cvnts I was having to sit near again. Maybe you’re annoying and they’re just more tolerant than me?

Joking aside, you actually left at half time because of the people around you? ❄️ 

I drive up 145 miles for every home match but never leave early. I walk about 20 minutes back to the car past the queues and by then a big chunk of the early leavers are gone. 

I would kill me to be walking up Raw Dykes Road and hearing a big roar from the stadium. So many big goals and incidents would have been missed down the years. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They don't need an excuse, they are free to do whatever they want. If I drive (which is rare admittedly) I will leave early, because it saves about 40 minutes and I live in bloody Wigston and I'd rather get home to my son rather than sit in traffic. 

Of course they're free to do whatever they want.

It's just very weird that *no matter what* people are leaving early in their droves these days. Doesn't matter if we're pushing for a winner, holding on to a lead or whatever. If you're bothered enough to turn up in those situations then surely you're bothered enough to know how the thing you've turned up for finishes?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Joking aside, you actually left at half time because of the people around you? ❄️ 

Yes, I’m finding I’ve lost all tolerance with the coked-up, 3 braincell sections of the crowd loudly spewing their ignorance and stupidity. They’re insufferable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's just very weird that *no matter what* people are leaving early in their droves these days. Doesn't matter if we're pushing for a winner, holding on to a lead or whatever. If you're bothered enough to turn up in those situations then surely you're bothered enough to know how the thing you've turned up for finishes?

I'm not exaggerating at all here, the pair sitting next to me must have missed about 30 of the ninety minutes, including, hilariously, 3 of the 4 goals. 

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Maybe change seats? 

Seems like everywhere I sit there’s a bunch of insufferable sniffing cvnts these days. The IQ has never been high at the KP, but it was ok when I had my ST and was with friends. Now I have to sit wherever and it’s always been shit - especially this season. Kinda done with the whole thing until we’re shit again and they all fvck off to do whatever they used to do before they jumped on the bandwagon.

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Seems like everywhere I sit there’s a bunch of insufferable sniffing cvnts these days. The IQ has never been high at the KP, but it was ok when I had my ST and was with friends. Now I have to sit wherever and it’s always been shit - especially this season. Kinda done with the whole thing until we’re shit again and they all fvck off to do whatever they used to do before they jumped on the bandwagon.

Fair enough. Hasn’t been many morons in my area of SK4 this season. 

12 minutes ago, adam said:

I emailed lcfc help about the goal music and the pre match music volume. They reckon they also have complaints that the music isn't loud enough in some parts of the ground! 

They must be taking the piss, surely? 

At least you got a reply. 

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You must be fun at parties

I'm not at a party, I'm at a football game where some idiot has decided to needlessly crank up the volume to the point of making the sound quality so shit, you'd be better off having it on your phone. 

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

People have always left early, it's not new. And it depends on the game, and what's happening. Can't say I see many seats empty when there is loads of drama or us chasing a win in the last minute. 

14 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Too many children and families in the stands, we need more alcohol fuelled hardcore fans of a 20 something age. (Like it or not this is where a lot of chants are started)  

It’s full of season ticket holders that sit there and drink tea, the type that would probably sneer at you for trying to make an atmosphere and think you a ruffian for making a sound other than slurping of your hot beverage of choice.

I don’t think I’ve seen a more boring, timid set of fans. I wish they would go back to watching snooker or whatever it was they did before we found ourselves desirable to follow.

I'm not going to say those more reserved fans shouldn't come to the games, but there definitely needs to be a dedicated section for people who want to create an atmosphere. That should be at the front of their minds with the stadium expansion, but it won't happen. 

One of the problems that I've noticed that these discussions on forums always end up with fans arguing amongst themselves.  When i used to post on various 'foreign' football forums there seemed much less of that.  It was much more 'were all in this together'.  I think that's one of the problems with atmosphere in England, people go to games as individuals rather than as a collective.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I'm afraid I have empathy with you. Having reached a " certain " age I have much less tolerance of rude arrogant insufferable dick heads 🙄 .