Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

13 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

No excuses tonight boys and girls.

Make it one for the history books. 

If you eat prawn sandwiches we can recommend a few good eateries in the city, if you sing your heart out for your team though then come and join us! Simples

Considering that was the 1st leg in a European semi final, that was useless by our lot.

Fair play to Union FS  for doing their bit , but a lack of enthusiasm from most for what should have been a special night.

Was in SK3 and a small group at the back were giving their all but so many just didn't join in

Edited by Weller Wing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Absolutely loafs saying it was crap

I actually thought L and K was probably at the best it’s been all season Liverpool at home aside

Could hear UFS at times too

M1 looked the best of the lot 

I was in M block, effing embarrassment , totally outsung, 

half hearted Vichai song, half hearted We’re on our way to Albania, the loudest was your shit aaarggh at goal kicks.

To be honest we need some decent songs 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Tifo

WYS

Singing section

Thought the club didn't listen and didn't want to improve the atmosphere? Not sure what more they can do as people are still complaining.

Thought it sounded good tonight, bit quiet in the first half.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Tifo

WYS

Singing section

Thought the club didn't listen and didn't want to improve the atmosphere. Not sure what more they can do as people are still complaining.

Thought it sounded good tonight, bit quiet in the first half.

Ditch the goal music. There was no need to bring it back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Strange to have a whole patch lower B1 left entirely to Roma fans, they had spare seats all around them too and our stewards only took notice after they'd celebrated their goal. It stayed civil but you could smell the strong soapy aftershave coming off them.

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Couldn't go tonight as I've got covid.

Sounded woeful on TV. Outsung by Roma for the majority of the night, then could just hear the clappers for about 10 minutes after we equalised. 

Roma end completely died after we scored. 30 minutes and not a peep. 

SK1 was solid, all you can do is sing for 90 minutes and hope people join in. 

• Like 3

Little pockets of noise is fine but it doesn't generate general atmosphere. 

You need the lazy bastards in the rest of the Kop etc to actually support the team to get a joined up atmosphere 

Didn't even have a full ground rendition of our 1 word song 'leicester' 

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Couldn't go tonight as I've got covid.

Sounded woeful on TV. Outsung by Roma for the majority of the night, then could just hear the clappers for about 10 minutes after we equalised. 

The sound was definitely turned down at one point by BT in the second half.

I'm not sure why but you can tell when it happens as it actually happened mid chant and never went back up. 

I'm sure there's a reason TV broadcasters do it. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Roma end completely died after we scored. 30 minutes and not a peep. 

SK1 was solid, all you can do is sing for 90 minutes and hope people join in. 

I suppose this says it all. The fact is no one at any part of the ground can ever hear anyone else sing… essentially because there are only 50 people singing in any one section. I don’t think I have ever heard UFS sing in any game this season. From where we are at the back of P block  we can usually see 50 lads at most jumping around waving 3 or 4 flags.

i’d just say keep trying everyone. Don’t ever give up. 

I was in SK1 at the back as usual and apart from a spell of about 15 minutes after the goal I didn't think it justified the inconvenience caused by the modified selling arrangements. There were loads of regulars displaced near me who are always up for a good sing song and the majority of the people who had replaced them just stood in silence. 

I'm not against the idea as Rennes was pretty decent but I think the execution of the idea needs to be tweaked to ensure that those regulars who want to make noise are able to remain with like minded fans as tonight's game just felt like a load of day trippers from other parts of the ground had gatecrashed the section purely for the experience. 

From a personal standpoint (and I appreciate everyone's circumstances are different) I'd be willing to pay a small one off retainer (say £10-15) each season to get first dibs on the usual seat for these Singing Sections as I think that might weed out those who have no intention of getting involved. 

• Like 1